It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consolation in Tears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Peace to all of you.
I offer this thread as consolation to those who suffer in Christ,
It is also offered to strengthen those who vacillate between worldly treasures and Heavenly ones.

Many souls give up their place in Heaven each day. They do it willingly, and although I disdain such thoughts in my own mind, I do not condemn them, as I also am just a man subject to worldly passions, doubtful thoughts, and temptation. I am probably the least deserving of God's grace because time and time again I have not been obedient to the faithful Lord, Who stays by us in disobedience as well as love.

To have joy in God and in Heaven, on earth we must drink from the cup of suffering. We must sacrifice our worldly lives to a heroic extent to live a spiritual one, because "the flesh yearns against the Spirit, and the Spirit yearns against the flesh".

Followers of Christ must be the most understanding among men. We must be able to comprehend that the road to Heaven is not taken along a purple carpet of rose petals and enjoyment. But it is a treacherous and steep climb of sacrifice, and a mild staircase of forgiveness and mercy.

Our lot is the lot of Christ, and if we should follow his footsteps, we should follow them all the way to our crucifixion. If Christ has suffered for us then we must suffer for Christ.

Many lose heart because they feel as if they are alone, alone against the world. I would be lying if I said that I have never felt so. But children, trials are trials, they are short, and they will end. Always remember God is within you.

"For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation." 2 Corinthians 1

We have many examples to show us how to bear suffer such as priests, holy widows, the poor, stigmatics, and ofcourse, the infinite knowledge of the saints.

But the sweetest and most heroic example is that of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Do not criticize, but sympathize in the suffering of this Dove, this Daughter of God.

The cup of suffering administered to Mary shows mankind's greatest obedience to God. Her barren mother spontaneously consecrated Her Who was in her womb, and from Her youth she would sing songs to God, anticipating the Messiah, not as a mother, but as a servant. Every virtue was practiced heroically by the Virgin, denying herself every worldly pleasure to live in obedience to God.

It was not in the Heart of Mary to disappoint God, She has never disappointed Him. From the very beginning She gave Herself completely, bot with regard to requests of total love and to those of total sacrifice. And when She accomplished the supreme sacrifice with Jesus, for Jesus, and for the world, the true faithful and loving believers could understand the real meaning of Her Name.

The Name of the Great Mother, the Holy Nurse, Who has and will continue to nourish all children with Her tears, to bring them up for Life in Heaven.

Her Name is sweet and complete obedience to God.

Peace, Wisdom, and Understanding to all of you. May the Holy Spirit move your souls towards grace.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Anyone reading that would think that it was Mary who hung on the cross for our sins. I dont see her suffering the same fate as Jesus.

Dont you think that you are over reacting as to her importance. She hardly rates a mention in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Peace to you,

I had the idea that I did not show you Her pain enough. If you can learn from the saints, why can you not learn from the Mother of God, Who was mentioned in the bible by Name?

There is much to learn from a Woman of such virtues, She was the very first Christian. Also there have been appearance of Her from all over the world. Today I was driving in my car and it was filled with the smell of roses as I thought about this thread, and whether I made a mistake posting it. The spontaneous smell of roses is said to indicate the Presence of the Virgin, and this was a very pungent smell, in my car which reeks of cooked salami.

Look up the saints of medjugorji and you will learn

Peace to you

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Peace to you,

I had the idea that I did not show you Her pain enough. If you can learn from the saints, why can you not learn from the Mother of God, Who was mentioned in the bible by Name?

There is much to learn from a Woman of such virtues, She was the very first Christian. Also there have been appearance of Her from all over the world. Today I was driving in my car and it was filled with the smell of roses as I thought about this thread, and whether I made a mistake posting it. The spontaneous smell of roses is said to indicate the Presence of the Virgin, and this was a very pungent smell, in my car which reeks of cooked salami.

Look up the saints of medjugorji and you will learn

Peace to you

Did she die on the cross for your sin, does she merit acknowledgement outside of the Gospels.
Do any of the Apostles teach her, anything of her.

I am guessing the rose smell is roses. Nothing divine about her at all. In heart all humanity is naught but idol worshipers.
If Mary died the day Jesus was born would the Bible and Jesus story be any different.?
What can her life do for me that Christ hasnt done by dying on the crtoss, what has Mary to offer anybody that wasnt secured by Jesus.

Maybe you should see the tears of Christ, feel His pain
Nobody can do them justice, they were for us
edit on 15-11-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Well first I should state that I do not worship Mary, but She is a co redeemer. She is the role model for women. Her virtues are perfection, rather than the Apostles teaching of Her, She taught the Apostles. It is said that She appeared to Mathew and told Him what to write for the Gospel.

Is Adam our only ancestor? Did we not also come from eve?

Solomon wrote about Her much before Her birth, which was miraculous.

"God possessed me from the beginning of His works, from the very beginning, before creation. From everlasting I was firmly set, from the beginning, before the earth came into being. The deep was not yet and I was conceived. There were no springs to gush with water, the mountains were not yet settled on their huge mass, and I already was. Before the hills I came to birth. He had not yet made the earth, the rivers, or the poles of the world, and I already existed. When He prepared the sky and Heaven, I was present. When with invisible law He closed the abyss under the vault, when He fixed firm the celestial vault, and He suspended there the sources of water, when he assigned the sea its boundaries and He ordered the water not to pass its limit. When He laid down the foundations of the Earth, I was by His side arranging everything. I was always joyfully at play in His presence, I played in the universe".

Somewhere in proverbs I believe.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I did give my word I would not speak to this topic however. So I will not break my word. Thank you for sharing.
edit on 31-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join