It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scripture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You don't seem to get it. You are not wasting your life. Simply allowing yourself peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have been retired for 9 months , I think it's likely that I am older than you . As for my experience in ascertaining truth, I think I have the skills necessary to do so . It has come to my attention that most people create their own reality where in they can feel secure . The Atheist desperately wants to believe that their will not be a judgement day , a day of reckoning for the way they conducted their lives . They seek to conveince themselves that they are right . The prophecy in the bible is very much on target . Science has no Idea how life started on earth . If they could produce the evidence they would . It's alright for you to dis believe the bible but why do you make such unfounded comments to ruin others beliefs . What about that daughter ? Are you going to ruin her chances to decide for herself or will you be responsible for her soul also ? What if you are wrong , will you be responsible for her to go to hell . A lot smarter men than yourself believe . Some are scientist .

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by jiggerj

You don't seem to get it. You are not wasting your life. Simply allowing yourself peace.

And again I must refer you to the religiously contaminated Middle East. Where is the peace found through their 5000 years of belief in a god? I get my peace through common sense; common sense being that we understand that if you don't kill my loved ones, then I won't kill yours. That if you protect me, I will protect you. If you respect my right to the pursuit of happiness, then I will respect yours. We don't need an imaginary god or a savior for this.
edit on 11/19/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's quite obvious that you have never read the bible with any sincerity .You may have searched out bible debunking sites but I am not sure you've done that . Not only do you not have the answer to the alternate to creation , you have no factual examples of why you think the bible to be fictitious . JUst because you say so .huh

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by jiggerj

As for my experience in ascertaining truth, I think I have the skills necessary to do so .

You can't find the OVERWHELMING flaws in the bible and you can ascertain truth? Did Adam and Eve really exist? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

Before Moses scratched the ten commandments into stone tablets, did the people NOT know that stealing, murder, and the taking of another man's wife was wrong? If the ten commandments had never been written, do you think these inappropriate actions would have been less frowned upon? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

Were two of each kind of every animal in the entire world (every type of insect and every type of bacteria included) put on a boat? Did your loving god actually flood the entire world to kill every other innocent animal on the planet? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

Did your loving, merciful god kill every first born child in Egypt because of one arrogant pharaoh? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

Did your all-knowing god need to test Abraham to see if he would sacrifice his son? Why didn't he already know what Abraham would do? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

Did all of the dead saints rise up and roam the city when Jesus died? Don't answer that because there's only one answer; any other response would be embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

It has come to my attention that most people create their own reality where in they can feel secure .

That's right. And when that reality doesn't produce that peace and security, you trash it and try again. The religious reality is as deadly to the world as a biological weapon.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The Atheist desperately wants to believe that their will not be a judgement day , a day of reckoning for the way they conducted their lives .

No. The atheist just wants the religious to stop dominating the masses and killing in the name of an imaginary god. We only care about the here and now. Why would we care about what happens in the afterlife when there is no afterlife to care about?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The prophecy in the bible is very much on target .

Which one? I could write a few thousand page book of prophecies and one or two of them is bound to be dead on.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Science has no Idea how life started on earth .

That's right. So, when science hasn't figured something out yet it means a god did it?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It's alright for you to dis believe the bible but why do you make such unfounded comments to ruin others beliefs .

"Unfounded"? Every comment I've made so far is based on either fact or common sense. "Unfounded" is for the religious to base all of their beliefs on. The unfounded, the unprovable, the utterly illogical.

Why ruin other's beliefs. Again, I refer you to the Middle East. To support an imaginary god and any religion is to support the atrocities committed in that ignorant, god-stuck region of the world. Take away the gods and religion and that region would have nothing to fight about. That religious poison is spreading into OUR region of the world and I want it stopped. I want the belief in gods and religion totally gutted from the human mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You don't the answers to those questions . Besides the Adam & Eve explanation to an un educated people of the beginning of man , there was also the Land of Nod . God did create other people .There are many things we don't know . We couldn't understand it today .
Noah gathering the 2kinds and 7 kinds of living creatures . I don't think bacteria was included .

Jesus being redirected and the saints rising with him and walking about for two weeks is in this book as history . These were taken up when Jesus ascended . Were you there ? Did someone during that time say no?
As far as prophecy we are not talking one out of a thousand coming true . There are multiple prophecies converging on this time that we are in today .
One is that Israel would be a Nation again .It came true in 1948 and from a desert it flourished for Israel Ezek. 37
Another is the war that more than likely just started Ezek'38 This war will end with Israel loosing 2/3rds of it's land and the AC stopping the war and bringing a false peace .
Then the Temple will be rebuilt 2nd Thessalonians 2. The Jews have already fabricated the Alter .
Also the prophecy where the 10 kings give their power to the One . This would facilitate the New World Order and the power that the Antichrist will have . All of this is necessary for the Global cyber money .
The Mark of the Beast system could only exist with cyber money only . The bible says you can not buy sell or trade without the Mark .They are ready to give us that Mark . Verichip is implanted in people already.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

It's quite obvious that you have never read the bible with any sincerity .You may have searched out bible debunking sites but I am not sure you've done that . Not only do you not have the answer to the alternate to creation , you have no factual examples of why you think the bible to be fictitious . JUst because you say so .huh

(Sigh) I've given examples, Simon. And yes, I was an avid bible reader 30 some odd years ago. The reason you come at me like this is because you are going to believe no matter how many flaws in the bible are presented to you. Hey, go with your god.
edit on 11/19/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You don't the answers to those questions . Besides the Adam & Eve explanation to an un educated people of the beginning of man , there was also the Land of Nod . God did create other people .There are many things we don't know . We couldn't understand it today .

I see. So, god didn't move the hands of the writers of the bible to make it clear for all men and for all time. Can you see how that doesn't make sense, Simon?

[quote] the saints rising with him and walking about for two weeks is in this book as history .

See what I mean? You believe it all, hook, line, and sinker. If it was written in the bible that the earth was once floating in champagne, you would believe it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You really don't get it . You are or predisposed not to get it . You just like a Muslim have no interest in understanding what the bible is all about . Every body has Religion . Some people believe God others believe pot or alcohol or unnatural affections or worldly treasures or money . Some cling to gangs , brotherhood worldly desires and others believe that they are god .Everybody religiously subscribes to something . Mostly sin separates people from Jesus . What if I am wrong ? I end up loosing nothing . What about if your wrong and what about your loved ones you have lead in your path ?
Logic that you seem to be using to defy God says man has no concept of an intelligent designer or what he may be or what is possible .Ancient Aliens on the History channel discloses many unbelievable things that the Ancients did that we can not conceive how they were done today .And we could not do them today without heavy equipment . There is a lot of fact in history you can not explain . Mans logic fails him . How did the Mayans know so much about the Solar system without telescopes ?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well , God could make everybody believe if he wanted to . That is not in his plan as he has stated . You may not like or respect your boss at work but he is your boss and has authority over you . You either follow his orders or not . He will test you and see where your loyalties lie . Then decide who will be kept when the layoff comes .God is likewise your boss on earth . You are the rebellious worker and seek to lead a rebellion . And lead that rebellion into what?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You really don't get it . You are or predisposed not to get it .

I'm sorry, Simon. It's you that don't get it. If science is right about there being a religious gene, then you can't help disregard all the flaws in the bible.

However, this was a great discussion! It helped me to work harder to firm up my argument against the idea of a god and religion. Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well , God could make everybody believe if he wanted to . That is not in his plan as he has stated . You may not like or respect your boss at work but he is your boss and has authority over you . You either follow his orders or not . He will test you and see where your loyalties lie . Then decide who will be kept when the layoff comes .God is likewise your boss on earth . You are the rebellious worker and seek to lead a rebellion . And lead that rebellion into what?

Very poor comparison, my friend. If you can't see the HUGE flaw in your thinking, then what's the point of continuing this discussion?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, you who were created! Why must you rebel against your creator!?

You have been on this Earth only a short time in comparison to how long it's been here. Even the Earth has more wisdom than you do. How can you claim there is no creator when you have no wisdom on the matter? Were you there at the beginning of the universe to look and see if God was there? Your mind is capable of so many things, yet you can't see what is obvious.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I guess you have never been a boss man .You seem to be the loner here .

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, you who were created! Why must you rebel against your creator!?

You have been on this Earth only a short time in comparison to how long it's been here. Even the Earth has more wisdom than you do. How can you claim there is no creator when you have no wisdom on the matter? Were you there at the beginning of the universe to look and see if God was there? Your mind is capable of so many things, yet you can't see what is obvious.

I didn't say there wasn't a creator. Though highly improbable I can't say it's impossible for some scientist in another dimension to have accidentally spilled something that created this universe. However, I do claim with no reservations whatsoever that there is no such thing as an all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe, who lives in another dimension called heaven (paradise), who is perfect in every way, was never born and will never die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join