It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to secede?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
While all the other petitions are written to say: peacefully grant "state" to leave the United States of America and create its own NEW government, my state petition includes a qualifying clause that states: "and remain an ally to the Nation" ... sounds a little like hedging one's bet...

edit on 14-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

No need to have an all or nothing split. It is reasoning like that which leads to irreconcilable differences in the first place. In this case it is clear that one party to the agreement (the fed) has stopped respecting the rights of the other to be an individual and wants to insist that they live by thier values.

Sounds to me like an amicable divorce - the two parties no longer share the same vision for their future but respect that they share some common values and understand that their offspring (the citizens) will likely spend time in both places. They have to work together somewhat to ensure thier citizens are protected both from each other and outside actors.

If I got a divorce from my wife and someone was trying to hurt our kids I'd certainly work in alliance with her to see that they were protected.

The fed takes taxes from the States then blackmails them with their own tax dollars to comply with certain ideas or programs or they will not get their share back in funding.

It’s a protection racket, a shakedown. i.e. Sure you can set your drinking age to whatever you want but unless it’s in accordance with what we think up here in DC (heavily influenced by high density urban liberal States) you’ll not get your share of federal highway funds…same with seat belt laws, speed limits, and other issues ad infanatum.

What is neccessary for safety in a high density population State is not necessarily required in one with a more rural disbursment.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thier is already a growing mass of citizen who have personaly seceded from the union years ago. By become more self reliant ,getting of the grid. No longer relying on the Government to care for their needs. ..

Ive personally starting take those first steps after Bush won his second term. As of right now, I could care less what this government does anymore. IMO, your a idiot if your choice to be part of mainstream society ratrace.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

It’s a protection racket, a shakedown.

True, it always was.

Article 1, section 8 usgovinfo.about.com...

Clause 18:

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Do you suppose the founders didn't know how the necessary and proper loopholes would be used?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
1.) Do you think your state will actually secede? No.

2.) Why did you sign it?
To draw attention to the fact that our government is no longer working in the best interests of the country as a whole, but rather only for special interest groups and those with the money to lobby congress.

3.) What do you hope to achieve?
See answer to number 2 above

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself so let me start by saying if this gets my name on a list of dissidents so be it, I am already classified as a potential terrorist because I am a conservative Veteran and ATS member.

4.) Why this petition?
Petitions for term limits, against lobbying efforts, and specific executive orders would be ignored.

I do not advocate for a Direct Democracy we are and have always been a Republic but our Federal Government has quietly removed many of the States’ rights and powers as well as the rights and authority of the people.

I would like to see the Federal Reserve Act, NAFTA, CAFTA, TSA, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA and the USA Patriot Act repealed, among others.
I would like to see free and open access to all government documents, and yes I do understand the need for security in certain areas.
I would like to see a government that will use our military forces for defense only. We really have no business having Bases all over the world. Well armed and protected Embassies and Consulates, yes; Bases, No.
I would like to see a government that is not sending Billions of tax dollars to countries like Egypt.
I would like to see a Government that protects our borders from Illegal Immigrants and the Mexican drug cartels.
I would like to see a government that respects the rights of the citizens to privacy, freedom of or even from religion, Freedom to say what we want irregardless of whether it offends them or anyone else, freedom to own guns or not.
I would like to see a government that is not owned by big business.
I would like to see a government that is not owned by the Banks.
I would like to see a government that does not try to manipulate public opinion through the media, give us the facts and let us make our own informed decisions.
I would like to see a government that is not dictated to by the United Nations, the IMF or the WTO. We and our military are not the police to the world, nor are we the enforcement arm of the U. N.
I would like to see a government that will not allow GMO foods to be used in our country, but that should be handled at the state level.
I would like to see my elected officials subject to the same laws that I am subject to.
I would like to see things like the National Health Care Bill and whether or not they get a raise to be brought to the people for a vote.
I would like to see term limits for all elected officials.
I would like to see elected officials to no longer receive full pay and benefits for life after one term in office unless they are going to grant the same benefit to military service members after one enlistment.
I would like to see a government that is limited in size and scope as was intended by the framers of our constitution.
I would like to see a government that knows it is useless to try to mandate morality. No more “Sin Tax”. If I want to smoke that is my choice, If I want to eat meat that is my choice.
I would like to see a federal government that is fiscally responsible.
I would like to see a government that lets the States decide on drug laws.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Wow, way to stereotype out of ignorance.

Austin is a great town, but has just as many ignoramuses as the rest of Texas...and the country, for that matter.

It may be clever and currently fashionable to issue blanket statements insulting a whole region, but it says more about you than it does about the region you are denigrating.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I signed a petition for the New Republic of Texas, but I refused to sign the petition on the Whitehouse.gov site, because it is a government site, and they wanted a crap-ton of information about me which I thought was none of their business.

It wasn't due to a temper tantrum (I voted Libertarian this past election, knowing full well my candidate had no chance of winning), it was due, as other posters have stated, to the level of insanity the federal government has stooped to in these past 10 years. Their tyrannical overreach has destroyed this country, and there are way too many people who seem to think that it is anti-American to question it, or to say firmly "We've had ENOUGH!".

As with any abusive marriage in which one side is taking all the abuse, and the other refuses to give an inch, sometimes it helps to say, "Stop this abuse, or I'm divorcing you".

It's just that simple, really. To put down the person tired of the abuse, and tell them that they took the vows, so they're stuck having their life ruined by what amounts to a money-grubbing bully, is just wrong.

These petitions are symptomatic of the dissatisfaction and disconnect we have with our federal overlords. It's very simple really, and doesn't have anything to do with Obama being re-elected.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why doesn't someone call the great unifier in Washington DC and get it from the Hope and Change administration and ask them what does secede mean to them. Is this part of the great plan? does this have something to do with the left winning and the right losing? I am sure that is it in a nut shell. Yes - that's it - poor losers exactly.

I don't get it, weren't we suppose to all get along? have transparency? / cut the deficit in half in four years? / bring the troops home? / unite our country like it has never been united before? / have smaller government? Can one of you please tell us what this guy has done that is positive?

And some of you are calling it whining? you were lied to and then beg for another 4 years? can you not see what has happen here in our country? There are more taker than givers - coming soon to your home. The takers want their hope and change - yours that is - and he will make that happen.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Dukesy because: spelling and grammer

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Why should we secede when we can just march over to Washington and demand the government's resignation? Our soldiers took an oath to defend the people from enemies both foreign and domestic and if our government is no longer working for the people but for it's own interests, then we're overdue for a new government and our military needs to step up.
edit on 15-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

My state, Washington, has voted to legalize gay marriage and a certain plant. I fully support that and Obama, although I could see a third party making a good argument against the Democrats. Personally, I think people are just whining that Romney lost the election...

I think people are signing the petition because they are afraid of the unknown, they are so used to their religion that they are afraid of science and enlightenment. From what I can tell, that is the real driving force, and they are saying they care about the economy just to cover their real fears.

If we keep on having all 50 states try to secede left and right for any reason, this will become a ridiculous mess.

I fully support both parties working together to come to a more moderate solution to problems than trying to run the country based on the idea that two extremist parties will even each other out somehow.

Obviously, that isn't working. And I don't think either party is willing to work with the other, so...

We might be headed towards war for all I know.
edit on 15-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is the new OWS.

you guys will get some attention, a few threads on the subject, several discussions....yet by this time next year itll be a funny meme on reddit.

Im in for the gangbang. Ive got some beer also.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just refuse to believe so many people can be such DOLTS! Maybe the ratio of SHILLS on this site are 3 to 1, I don't know which! Pretend I am drawing a picture and that picture is in CRAYON! IT does not have a dammed thing to do with a state separating from the the rest of them. It has nothing to do with a state removing itself from the United States of America! Please check out the following link because it contains very, VERY simple info for you to get started on using your BRAIN! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shills, feel free to step in and REVEAL yourselves!

edit on 18-11-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join