It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli invasion of Gaza announced on twitter; confirmed support for Israel by US and UK and Canada.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to agree somewhat. If this were happening to America we would not sit idly as rockets come down. We would occupy Gaza and move the people or sned them to another country.

What people don't understand is thousands upon thousands of rockets have rained down on Israel since 2001 and a lot of it is funded by terrorist elements and anti-US regimes like Iran.

I say again, if this were happening in America we could not fault Israel. It's only because ignorance and being removed from it that people think Israel as at fault. It's a mistake to think that.

I want to remnid people that Gaza is TINY. It's something like 15x20 miles of land. This is not a country we're talking about. It's smaller than most US counties. Heck, even Israel is!

If the UN cared they would send in a peacekeeping force to occupy Gaza. The fact that they have no done this proves to me that their interests are not with Israel at the present time.

Let me also remind people that it was the UN and Britain that worked to allocate who got what where Palestine used to be. They're the ones that're to blame for all this conflict in a lot of ways. Jews moved from all over the world to Israel and established this nation with the Jews already living there and are simply defending themselves as a people. How can we blame them? They're not the ones that created this situation, they're like bits of wood in a stream following its current. The UN officially recognized Israel in 1949 and what happened afterwards is clockwork.

And don't forget that Canaan, where Israel and Jordan and Lebanon sit, is a region that has a history of war. It has been taken by different nations through the ages and this continues today. Jews and arabs have lived there for a long long time. Jews have been there the longest probably, although I'm not sure they've always had a majority. I think 60-some% of Palestine was arab in the 1920's.
edit on 15-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

And to prempt you response may I direct you to this thread here I assume you deplore this as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by ken10

The land was given, the arabs started the war of independence and lost, deal with it, oppresion only occured as a direct result of terrorism, what apartied? As a civvie I worked hand in hand with Palastinians, as I said ask me a question and I can make you look clever for asking make an incorrest statement and I have no choice but to make you look an idiot.
Peace

The land was given by Britain !........How was that land Britains to give ?

It was no different to Cecil Rhodes establishing Rhodesia in South Africa, and we know all about that, and hopefully Israel will suffer the same demise.

What Aparthied

How about Desmond Tutu inform you....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Please refer to previous post that pre-empts your response sir
Respect
edit on 15-11-2012 by cody599 because: Spelling error

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by ken10

Please refer to previous post that pre-empts your responcse sir
respect

Refer to a post that has no relation to this thread and even so how could I speak up against events that have long since passed.

THIS IS HERE, THIS IS NOW.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I apoligise
But to my knowledge Tutu never lived in Israel and hasn't a clue apart from what he chooses to believe ( you have something in common there) I did live in Israel and even drove to checkpoints to make sure my Palastinian friends got their wages (yes hey were compensated for not being able to work) and give them chocolate for thier kids. You can pull up all the rubbish on the internet you like, but I sir have lived it.
Respect

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

No need to get riled, just to show that no doubt you feel these events that are now irrelevant were justified. They were against innocent civilians. They are only irrelevent because they were a long time ago, I ask if you would direct you anger at Britain in the same way at the same time ? In 200 years this will be irrelevent the principal however, sir, remains the same.
Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Harry Fear ustream back up; he is giving an interview now, should be live again in about 20 minutes.

www.ustream.tv...=t.co&utm_source=12576643&utm_medium=social

rt stream press conference: rt.com...://fml.3443.edgecastcdn.net/203443/&type=rtmp&file=en-stream.flv&abouttext=Russia

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Well researched post, however if I may put a slant on it ? My point isn't who should be most dominant in Israel the historical facts are irifutable islam is younger than chistianity, christianity is younger than judaism.
Who cares ? Why not let the kids play together and share ideas and ice cream and give them a chance WITHOUT us less enlightened adults. To play and make friends and just ................. well be kids........... and grow up to respect each other and share games and later in life memories. Let's face it the kids are the ones that matter, the kids are the future, surely that's where to start ?
Just need to remove the barriers and let them decide what they want for a future, kill or play ps3 ? I know which way I'd have gone .............. oh no forgot that ................. scrap ps3 and replace with motorbike.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
found on twitter: cbs reporting Israeli troops readying ground invasion.

"Israeli troops move to Gaza after rockets jolt Tel Aviv area" 2:46 p.m. ET www.cbsnews.com...

"Late in the day, Israel signaled a ground operation may be imminent as forces moved toward the border area with Gaza. At least 12 trucks were seen transporting tanks and armored personnel carriers, and a number of buses carrying soldiers arrived. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said he had authorized the army to call-up additional reservists for possible action. The army said it was prepared to draft up to 30,000 additional troops."

(Remember, they dropped leaflets last night announcing ground invasion imminent.)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
This has been going on for about 10 hours now.

Some points of info:

-naval and air strikes count are in the hundreds; 10's of tanks surrounding Gaza

naval and air strikes count are in the hundreds? Are they being just as stupid as they were four years ago by killing thousands of innocent civilians, just to go after some radical palestinians? WTF is wrong with the israeli government?

Israel has some of the best tanks in the world, with excellent defensive and offensive capabilities. Why not just go with a full scale land intrusion, find and arrest the hamas government, bring them somewhere and charge them with mass terrorism? This is exactly what I would have done in this situation. Most gazans would not dare attack tanks and armored vehicles. The mission would have been a success and severly setback the radical palestinians. Sure a few outcries of invasion, but the alternative of dropping bombs and naval attacks is way worse and shows cowardice on the part of israel. If someone throws a punch at you, then you throw a punch or two back at them. You don't take out your knife and kill them because that would be a defensive over-reaction. This kind of behavior from america and israel is appalling!

-power to most of Gaza is out
-Israeli cabinet has approved a ground invasion of Gaza; they have called up reservists to stand by to be deployed
-some Gazan analysts are saying a full Gazan ground invasion is unlikely; Palestinian resistance are thought to have placed land mines strategically around the border to prevent such from happening
-Israeli forces said to be dropping leaflets saying land invasion imminent in Gaza
-US, UK, Canadian govts/officials have made statements offering full support of Israel

YOU DO NOT OFFER FULL SUPPORT TO A WAR CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT LIKE ISRAEL and expect people to like you or even to comprehend YOUR EXTREME STUPIDITY! You offer CONDITIONAL SUPPORT to israel and encourage them to not over-react constantly. If israel nukes palestine or syria, will canada and the usa still offer unconditional support? WTF is going on here?

When was the last time israel was pressured from america and britain to solve the palestinian issue for good? Why make scapegoats of the palestinians and iran? Why pick sides in this half-century conflict when both jews and arabs hate each other so much and both want israel and palestine for themselves? The super-powers should be encouraging dialogue and offering solutions. The UN should be convening and talking about THIS, not iran! Iran and syria do not like their muslim brothers in palestine getting oppressed by jews or anyone else.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If have to ask this question once again... while the media will spin this conflict to make the choices for you rather than let you use your brain and decide for yourself.

W H Y DO YOU FEEL A NEED TO PROTECT ISRAEL? W H Y DO YOU SEE A NEED TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS CONFLICT?

You do not owe Israel ANYTHING... nothing... nada... it is NOT your responsibility, it is NOT your job to "fix".

W H Y?!

W H Y?!

W H Y?!

W H Y?!

W H Y?!

W H Y?!

W H Y?!
edit on 15/11/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is another thread collecting info. Be warned - there is NO politics there, updates only!

"Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates" www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=15346773#pid15346773

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
@previous 2 comments:

Yes, I know. More people, civilians, are killed in Palestine in one day than in one year in Israel.
Israel is using a full military and Palestinians are using rockets and stones.
Israeli's have bomb shelters to go to, Palestinians have their homes...

As someone commented on twitter:

"In 20 hours: 13 Palestinians killed, 120 wounded. In Israel: 3 killed, 5 injured. Symmetrical conflict?!"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Article:

"Two new resources: Timeline of Israeli escalation in Gaza and Israel’s history of breaking ceasefires"

mondoweiss.net...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I have no problem with america, britain, canada offering conditional support. This is way different than offering unconditional support or full support. Sometimes words make a big difference such as here. Israel does need protection because it is in a pre-dominantly muslim area and not well liked. Israel has made one mistake after another mistake and they have themselves to blame as well as over-protective parents in the usa.

While clinton was in office he managed to pressure the israeli government to talk with the plo and make progress(although not the best), then bush and his military-industrial complex on steroids, started giving israel too much free reign and israel has been quick to capitalise. Obama is making the same mistakes bush has been.

I guess when aipac contributes so much money to both the democrat and republican campaign they expect america to be COMPLETE SELLOUTS aka sock puppets TO THEIR EVERY WHIM! It is incomprehensible and disgusting indeed. Israel should have been sanctioned four years ago when they dropped white phospherous on civilians just to stop those home-made rocket attacks by a few muslim radicals. Iran, while often too hostile towards israel and compromised of religious fanatics itself, has every right to bitch about the palestinians and the UN had no business putting sanctions on it. I guess freedom of speech is only popular when you are doing all the bashing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Twitter comment:

"As air strikes hit #Gaza, it's worth remembering that half the population are under the age of 18."

Yes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Harry Fear ustream back online:

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
"Israeli invasion of Gaza announced on twitter; confirmed support for Israel by US and UK and Canada."

I'm in the UK and I don't support Israel.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I have to agree somewhat. If this were happening to America we would not sit idly as rockets come down. We would occupy Gaza and move the people or sned them to another country. What people don't understand is thousands upon thousands of rockets have rained down on Israel since 2001 and a lot of it is funded by terrorist elements and anti-US regimes like Iran.

I appreciate your reply and indeed...There is a graphic counting how many of those too. Now, keep in mind of course, this is only since Israel forcibly removed it's own Settlers to clear Gaza and try and get something like an agreement going for stability. Err... didn't work out, as you say.

Over 9 THOUSAND rockets fired...and as you also note, Israel is a small place. Very small.

I'd ask some of the Israel haters how the Palestinians manage to fire thousands of Rockets at only the Jews and not the Israeli Arab citizens that also inhabit the land outside Gaza...but I've never found even a passing line of logic to support it so I gave up trying. It would seem Israel's ONLY acceptable course of actions are either to surrender in place and just leave their own nation.....or stand there and be rocketed, sniped and mortared until defeat comes by default. Any action in defense...is wrong? Go figure huh?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join