It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli invasion of Gaza announced on twitter; confirmed support for Israel by US and UK and Canada.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
israel has a right to defend itself from the people they are holding imprisoned thru military occupation.

the palestinians are holding the olive branch (palestinian authority) thru diplomacy, the international community and the u.n. and the sword (hamas).

If the Hamas was truely interested in a peaceful resolution to this then they would cease all rocket attacks on Israel. But they are not!

Also note that the Palestinain Authority does not control Gaza by any stretch of the imagination. They only control the West Bank. I beleive that they are actually willing to negotiate and Israel would too, if Hamas' military was restrained under the PA's control. But Hamas in Gaza is in fact not beholden to any PA negotiations with Israel and isn't interested. They relentlessly attack Israel. For the most part Israel reacts in a very restrained manner.

This is why those 3 world leaders back Israel's right to self defence, and why I agree with their stance.
edit on 15-11-2012 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Although I'm appalled at the violence I can't help but see the dark humor of both sides tweeting each other nasty notes like a couple of cat-fighting tween girls.

The Spartans, they were good at pithy battlefield comebacks. I'm still waiting for one of these guys to say something quotable. They're calling each other out like a couple of inept rappers talking smack to each other.

IDF: "We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.”

(Really? Um, aren't they your targets, allegedly? What happens if they take your advice?)

Hamas: "You opened Hell's gates on yourselves."

(Ok, getting there. Poetic, but not really original or grammatically correct.)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just popping in to help with some perspective here and there...
The Israeli Defense Force puts these out and media, including Al Jazeera, would roast them like a thanksgiving turkey if they were too far off accurate. The rocket ranging definitely is accurate and thats published elsewhere as basic stats of the rockets involved.

Now Israel isn't right in 100% of what it does and how it fights. They've even had their hands in some bad bad things in the past. However, Israel being wrong NEVER makes Hamas Terrorists right. They are firing into Israeli civilian neighborhoods. While Israel returning the favor in kind isn't cool, they ARE dropping their leaflets all over the Gaza Strip. Someone who knows the language can confirm the translation:

Source - Israeli Defense Force Twitter News Feed - Direct

Now when was the last time a Hamas Rocket Team dropped leaflets into the neighborhoods they were about to rocket? Israel absorbed a lot of fire before they returned it and their Iron Dome has intercepted 80 rockets itself. It's VERY MUCH a 2 sided war and THIS particular fight appears to have been Hamas's doing. Why remains to be seen.... I have a bad feeling it's a trap to trigger the rest. We'll see...

I find it incredible how some people are so selective about how ONE side can murder civilians at will but the other is condemned when strikes do the same. Neither is better for it, but neither deserves any pass for the conduct in my opinion, either.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
I support the invasion also, 1 missle sent to US and we would have an all out war. 100 missiles sent to Israel and they did nothing, until now.

*At least I think my information is correct.
edit on 14-11-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

Doesnt that Iron Dome which Israel is so proud about, WORK?

If it doesnt, get a CIWS - it works.

Israel doesnt have to randomly bomb everything and sure doesnt have to invade.

But whats gaza anyway? Its just Israel's own little warsaw ghetto, nothing more. So all crimes can be done while the world watches without doing anything. I think the UN should face israel and force it to stop, under a clear threat. Not a "talk", not a "sanction", a real threat while at the same time launching some drone missiles as a "warning shot" so Israel could see them on their radars.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Has the internet been shut down in Gaza yet? Any live feeds going at all? All the live feeds I was watching and keeping track of last night have since died.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's not like a bunch of desert camel herders make their own rockets so the real question is who is providing the muslims with ammo and who would like another war to begin?

You guys know the drill i hope

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by ken10

Do you even know what a Zionist is?

Zi·on·ism   /ˈzaɪəˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled[zahy-uh-niz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.
dictionary.com
So you are saying only the Jewish supporting people in your country? Makes sense. However I think you are using the term wrongly in an attempt to incorrectly label people. You make the word Zionist appear to be terrorist in relation. Very much wrong in context entirely. Britain as a whole just as the US as a whole are Israeli allies.

Well said.

People with an agenda have decided to bastardize the term "Zionism" to conceal their underlying hatred for Jews, or Israel, or both.

Zionism is truly defined as an ideology that supported a homeland for Jews in Israel when Jews were being persecuted in Europe, nothing more.

Recently, antisemitic types use the term regularly to define the cause of all evil on the planet. It's like the Nazi propaganda repeating itself all over again.

The difference is, this time, the atrocities of the past will never be permitted to happen on Israel's watch.

You can be anti Zionist without being anti Semitic. Zionism is nothing more than political movement with the goals of establishing Israel and promoting Antisemitism. And if you want to compare people to Nazis then you don't have to look anywhere else but Israel. Hitler would be proud of what he helped to create.
edit on 15-11-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

Originally posted by randomname
israel has a right to defend itself from the people they are holding imprisoned thru military occupation.

the palestinians are holding the olive branch (palestinian authority) thru diplomacy, the international community and the u.n. and the sword (hamas).

If the Hamas was truely interested in a peaceful resolution to this then they would cease all rocket attacks on Israel. But they are not!

Also note that the Palestinain Authority does not control Gaza by any stretch of the imagination. They only control the West Bank. I beleive that they are actually willing to negotiate and Israel would too, if Hamas' military was restrained under the PA's control. But Hamas in Gaza is in fact not beholden to any PA negotiations with Israel and isn't interested. They relentlessly attack Israel. For the most part Israel reacts in a very restrained manner.

This is why those 3 world leaders back Israel's right to self defence, and why I agree with their stance.
edit on 15-11-2012 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

Until Israel leaves Gaza Hamas has every right to attack Israel. Also I would bet than none of the rockets even landed in Israel. Remember Israel hasn't stolen all of Palestine yet and quite a few of the settlements built by Israeli's are on stolen land. And if Israel really wanted peace then why didn't they stick to the peace agreement?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by DarknStormy

Hamas is a terrorist group and I would label their supporters as such. Israel has wanted to go after Iran for some time but the US and UN have asked them not to.

Hamas was duly elected into office and are fighting against invaders of their lands. That makes them freedom fighters and Israel is the terrorist here.

Israel could have went against Iran whenever it wanted to but the scum running Israel isn't stupid that's why they are crying for America to do it instead of them. Israel knows Iran would hand them their butts on a platter that's why Israel hasn't attacked Iran.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

thank you papazen...best video ever....I especially liked the ending...a roadmap to peace for sure

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
ustream back up

Harry Fear, reporter in Gaza: www.ustream.tv...

Harry's twitter: twitter.com...

Harry's fb: www.facebook.com...

(He said last night that he has a satellite phone to update if/when the internet goes out)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just now Hamas fired a rocket right outside of where "Harry Fear" is broadcasting...I hope he knows that, That exact spot can be "zero'ed in on" by return fire. It was right outside his window...I would be very concerned if I were him.
edit on 15-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelling of course

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am so sad for these people that I love so much. Im so sorry that I cannot be there to help . Im sorry for every tear ,sorry youve been put through hell I wish I could save you all myself . Beautiful children forced to live in this place where they cant find shelter from being erased. Rest in peace finally to the ones who have already gone and I pray that those still alive will stay safe from being bombed

ps.. I am mad as hell

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

reply to post by ken10

Do you even know what a Zionist is?

Zi·on·ism   /ˈzaɪəˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled[zahy-uh-niz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.
dictionary.com
So you are saying only the Jewish supporting people in your country? Makes sense. However I think you are using the term wrongly in an attempt to incorrectly label people. You make the word Zionist appear to be terrorist in relation. Very much wrong in context entirely. Britain as a whole just as the US as a whole are Israeli allies.

Well said.

People with an agenda have decided to bastardize the term "Zionism" to conceal their underlying hatred for Jews, or Israel, or both.

Zionism is truly defined as an ideology that supported a homeland for Jews in Israel when Jews were being persecuted in Europe, nothing more.

Recently, antisemitic types use the term regularly to define the cause of all evil on the planet. It's like the Nazi propaganda repeating itself all over again.

The difference is, this time, the atrocities of the past will never be permitted to happen on Israel's watch.

So why have Joe Biden and David Cameron called themselves "Zionists" .......Google it, But they are NOT Jews.

The definition has changed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
A couple minutes ago he said that Israel successfully assassinated someone..did you catch the name?

I am not able to match any of the location names with a map, he said it was two thirds down the Gaza strip tho..somewhere around Nusseirat maybe? edit: more like Khan Yunes area perhaps
edit on 11/14/2012 by toepick because: (no reason given)

Didn't they kill the hamas commander with a guided missile? That's what started this whole thing. Israel killed that guy, I cannot remember his name, which led to the some 200 rocket retaliation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As a British person. I feel sickened that anyone in their right mind would support this crap.

Shame on Israel and shame on any sick, weak, psychotic person who thinks this is a good thing.

Palestine, we feel terrible for the actions of Israel.

We're sorry.
edit on 14-11-2012 by mr-lizard because: typo

As a British person that lived in Israel for 10 years as a non-jew and served in the IDF and stood there whilst excrement. stones from slings, bullets, rockets, scuds, etc were thrown at me without reacting, under orders, until my life was in danger, and as a British person I sir made a concious decision to wear a uniform and become a target, that sir is war. Those on the other side were too cowardly to be be identified by uniform and hid in mosques behind children. We sir used discretion in our retaliation .................. yes retaliation........... The Israelis are being targeted at random as a civilian population. That sir is terrorism. Whilst I deplore the way the Palistinians are treated they do have a choice, they could choose not to allow the very few terrorists to operate amongst them and have a productive peace. When Israel entered Lebonon they were welcomed with olive branches for ridding the poplace of the PLO. It was a major mistake to stay. The Gazans have the same choice, let Israel get rid of the terrorists and live in peace and prosper, or allow the terrorists to control Gaza and shell Israel and be suprised at the response.
I think you should practice before you preach, ask me a question and I can make you look clever for asking, make a statement that is incorrect and you leave me no choice but to make you look like an idiot.Enjoy your night in your safe home not worrying about your children being killed (both sides) and be grateful you can.
Peace please for childrens sake peace
Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As a British person. I feel sickened that anyone in their right mind would support this crap.

Shame on Israel and shame on any sick, weak, psychotic person who thinks this is a good thing.

Palestine, we feel terrible for the actions of Israel.

We're sorry.
edit on 14-11-2012 by mr-lizard because: typo

As a British person that lived in Israel for 10 years as a non-jew and served in the IDF and stood there whilst excrement. stones from slings, bullets, rockets, scuds, etc were thrown at me without reacting, under orders, until my life was in danger, and as a British person I sir made a concious decision to wear a uniform and become a target, that sir is war. Those on the other side were too cowardly to be be identified by uniform and hid in mosques behind children. We sir used discretion in our retaliation .................. yes retaliation........... The Israelis are being targeted at random as a civilian population. That sir is terrorism. Whilst I deplore the way the Palistinians are treated they do have a choice, they could choose not to allow the very few terrorists to operate amongst them and have a productive peace. When Israel entered Lebonon they were welcomed with olive branches for ridding the poplace of the PLO. It was a major mistake to stay. The Gazans have the same choice, let Israel get rid of the terrorists and live in peace and prosper, or allow the terrorists to control Gaza and shell Israel and be suprised at the response.
I think you should practice before you preach, ask me a question and I can make you look clever for asking, make a statement that is incorrect and you leave me no choice but to make you look like an idiot.Enjoy your night in your safe home not worrying about your children being killed (both sides) and be grateful you can.
Peace please for childrens sake peace
Peace

Cause and effect

Do you know why you had stones etc thrown at you ?.........Do you think it was for no reason at all ?

All the land stealing, all the oppression, all the aparthied.

Shame on you for being part of it.

edit on 15-11-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

The land was given, the arabs started the war of independence and lost, deal with it, oppresion only occured as a direct result of terrorism, what apartied? As a civvie I worked hand in hand with Palastinians, as I said ask me a question and I can make you look clever for asking make an incorrest statement and I have no choice but to make you look an idiot.
Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

And shame on you for your closed mind and ignorance of the facts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join