Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wafflehouse sex scandal, idiot CEO demands sex for continual employment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The Waffle House sex scandal has gained national attention since the restaurant chain's CEO, Joe Rogers, Jr., allegedly demanded an employee of his perform sexual favors as part of her job over an eight-year period. In a report out Nov. 14 by ABC News, Rogers admitted to his own stupidity, but also paints himself as a victim.

“"I am a victim of my own stupidity, but I am not going to be a victim of a crime--extortion," the Waffle House executive said.

Source

Ok, so this idiot demands his employee have sex with him as a condition for employment for 8 years, and now she is allegedly demanding millions from him? Sounds to me like he is reaping what he has sewn. In what way did he ever think this would never end badly? He is a victim of stupidity alright, and a criminal. Scumbags like this should be locked up in jail.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I worked in management for Waffle House for eight years, in Norcross, GA. and knew Joe Jr well. All I can say is that this doesn't shock me at all. In fact what amazes me is that nobody else is being named yet. That company - especially in the 90's, was rife with upper management personnel using their positions and influence to get sexual favors from employees. Not housekeepers... but actual company employees.

Shameful.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Forced her.... over 8 years...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Forced may be a strong word. But in Atlanta Joe Jr is by far and away one of the richest and most powerful people. During my tenure with the company health inspectors issued high inspection scores without ever looking at anything. Zoning permits were always issued in WH favor.

Anyone outside of Atlanta wouldn't really understand the level of power that the Rogers family possessed from the fifties until the late nineties in this region. Think New York and Tammany Hall - or Louisiana during the Huey Long years. The man had true and absolute juice. He got away with anything he wanted.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Did you read the article?

......CEO, Joe Rogers, Jr., [color=62D9A5]allegedly demanded an employee of his perform sexual favors as part of her job

She explained that she "managed many of the day-to-day operations of Rogers' estate."

......the [color=62D9A5]housekeeper claimed the Waffle House CEO forced her to perform "various sexual acts on him as a condition of her employment."

He claimed over the eight years she was employed by him, he had a [color=62D9A5]"series of infrequent consensual encounters" with her during his times of being "separated, single and re-married."

www.examiner.com...
edit on 11/14/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
imagine if this was your daughter, and her boss is forcing her to have sex to keep her job.

i would imagine this guy wouldn't be found intact, or at the very least have his face re-arranged to where his arrogant attitude would be the least of his problems.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah i read the article did you read the part where he admitted being a victim to his own stupidity?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Somethings not right. I'm not doubting he did it but 8 years is a long time to put up with something you don't agree with when you can find another job. I'm betting at first she didn't mind or perhaps he paid her really well. Why wait all these years to come out?

I smell a woman scorned.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I worked in management for Waffle House for eight years, in Norcross, GA. and knew Joe Jr well. All I can say is that this doesn't shock me at all. In fact what amazes me is that nobody else is being named yet. That company - especially in the 90's, was rife with upper management personnel using their positions and influence to get sexual favors from employees. Not housekeepers... but actual company employees.

Shameful.

~Heff

Well, just imagine the people who have not come forward and made accusations, i imagine this will be like opening a floodgate, these kinds of outings usually are.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Somethings not right. I'm not doubting he did it but 8 years is a long time to put up with something you don't agree with when you can find another job. I'm betting at first she didn't mind or perhaps he paid her really well. Why wait all these years to come out?

I smell a woman scorned.

Even so he brought it on himself. Moral of the lesson is, don't think with your little head because it usually gets you in trouble.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I agree but we are talking 8 years of this act. Regardless of if it was right or wrong there is no reason to put up with this for 8 years. Why now? What made her say enough?

I can't help but think there is more to this.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It may be cheaper for the company to give this "lady" a really BIG tip instead of taking this to court whether Joe is guilty of the allegations or not. For that part of the country it will be an extremely high profile case, complete with high profile attorneys, PR agents, etc. It would probably be in his best interest to quietly pay the woman and let the scandal die down.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I agree but we are talking 8 years of this act. Regardless of if it was right or wrong there is no reason to put up with this for 8 years. Why now? What made her say enough?

I can't help but think there is more to this.

Fear of losing her job may have started it, especially if he started screing around with another woman and he got tired of her. If your job security consists of screwing your boss to keep employed, external threats may cause a paradigm shift.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah i read the article did you read the part where he admitted being a victim to his own stupidity?
Since it doesn't say in this article, he was most likely referring to the fact that he had relationship with his maid, which continued after he remarried.

If he would have said anything that even slightly hinted towards him admitting that he was guilty of these accusations, they would not have left it out of the article.

C'mon boys. It be time fer anuder hangun partee. Dis fella cheeted on hes wifey wif hes made. Wee caint alow dat ta happun. breeng al ur good roaps. YeeeeHaaaaw!!

edit on 11/14/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

It may be cheaper for the company to give this "lady" a really BIG tip instead of taking this to court whether Joe is guilty of the allegations or not. For that part of the country it will be an extremely high profile case, complete with high profile attorneys, PR agents, etc. It would probably be in his best interest to quietly pay the woman and let the scandal die down.

They may settle out of court, i just wonder if she's got a little blue dress tucked away with his semen on it like Monica Lewinsky did to Bill Clinton.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I kind of have an issue with it happening over 8 years.
At some point it becomes consensual.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by littled16

They may settle out of court, i just wonder if she's got a little blue dress tucked away with his semen on it like Monica Lewinsky did to Bill Clinton.

Probably not a little blue dress- Maybe an apron!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
imagine if this was your daughter, and her boss is forcing her to have sex to keep her job.

i would imagine this guy wouldn't be found intact, or at the very least have his face re-arranged to where his arrogant attitude would be the least of his problems.

That's problem. Too much imagining that coincides with an accusation, and too little attention to factual details.

It would be better to imagine a world in which people actually could be innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Yep, over that many years, consensual it was probably for most of it. I'd say it stopped being consensual from his point of view when he tired of her, when he re-married, or very shortly thereafter...... "series of infrequent consensual encounters" with her during his times of being "separated, single and re-married."
Now the worn out poon ( Yah I know, Blunt) is pissed and wants retribution! Syx.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is there a shortage of housekeeping jobs or something? I mean come on if it was that bad there are hotels and motels all over the country looking for housekeepers. The fact that she stuck around for eight years tells me she was getting satisfaction from it on some level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join