It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN article on Hamas military leader killed by Israeli strike, shows ignorance from users.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Attacking terrrorists hiding in civilian areas is legitimate self-defense.

I guess that means that Assad has the right as well then.

Yep.. But tell the western governments that point of view
The hypocracy is unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What if we were to put Syria in instead of Israel. Knowing that the FSA are hiding among the civilian population in Syria, would you see it justified that Assad is attacking populated areas?

He is doing nothing different. Hamas attacked Israel, FSA attacked Syria with what looks like could be a similar outcome..
edit on 16-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by CommandoJoe

Originally posted by CommandoJoe
Never existed?!?! Really? I've seen them arcing across the sky coming towards me - I've seen Iron Dome shoot them out of the sky - I regularly hear and feel the explosions near my apartment - I've seen the aftermath where they impact. Don't try to tell me the are not real - I know better. And the number launched in the last few days is closer to 600...

before or after the airstrike?

edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Both

but there wasnt any before though was there....
i didnt see any report of hamas rockets prior to the airstrike..as hamas members where in cairo

also
i watched the syrian attack on an isreali vehicle
i watched hamas and the world in cairo signing a peace treaty
i saw an air strike (pre meditated) on a top hamas member
i saw netanyahu campaign for a war all year
i saw obama get reelected and netanyahu start a different war where he doesnt need america
i saw egypt officially asking isreal to stop

i can go on

edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Where do you live? Most of the media outside of Israel only covers a small fraction of what actually goes on here and you won't hear about the things that happen regularly because most people don't really care - it doesn't sell commercial air time.... That coverage might increase a little bit when things escalate like they have recently, but even then it is not the whole picture.

DON'T BLINDLY BELIEVE WHAT THE MEDIA FEEDS YOU! I figure almost everyone here should know that by now. The media shows you what they want you to see. They have been proven to be biased many times (In both directions depending on the network). They are almost useless...

Do you think every Hamas member was in Egypt at that time? I'm sure it was just a few in leadership positions. Even so, it was just a dog and pony show. They knew they wouldn't stop firing missiles. They have signed many peace treaties over the years and it hasn't stopped them yet...

Yes, Israel took out a terrorist leader. Your point?

On my current assignment, I've been here since January of this year. Over the last few months there have been many rocket attacks from Gaza. They didn't just start a few days ago - they have been happening since 2001... But you will only hear about it on the news when things flare up like they recently have.

The Hamas leader was killed on November 14th...

November 11
Gazan groups fired over 100 rockets and mortars at Israeli cities and towns. A barrage against Sderot, timed to coincide with the morning commute to work, injured 3 people. One victim, physical education teacher Moshik Levy, was moderately wounded by shrapnel and glass from his car windshield which exploded in his face. A fourth person was injured while fleeing for cover, and five more people were treated for acute stress reaction. Two homes, one in Sderot and one in the Eshkol Regional Council, were damaged by direct rocket hits.

And before that there were several hundred launched over the course of 2012.

LIST

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

bro im a londoner

as your an isreali ...i got a question i hope you can answer

1) do you think netanyahu is doing this to win an election

if so

why do isrealis only choose leaders that want to fight

i would love to try and understand this

at the moment im seeing well fed, loud whingers, confusing the term "civilised" and trying to steal my opnion

im only being honest so that you can help me with it...as i know no human can be like that....why do i have this view?

i thank you for your time and effort..look forward to hearing from you soon

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by CommandoJoe

bro im a londoner

as your an isreali ...i got a question i hope you can answer

1) do you think netanyahu is doing this to win an election

if so

why do isrealis only choose leaders that want to fight

i would love to try and understand this

at the moment im seeing well fed, loud whingers, confusing the term "civilised" and trying to steal my opnion

im only being honest so that you can help me with it...as i know no human can be like that....why do i have this view?

i thank you for your time and effort..look forward to hearing from you soon

Actually I'm not an Israeli - I'm an American working in Israel. I've spent almost 3 of the last 5 years here...

So I can't really say much about Israeli politics and I don't really have the desire or time to dig into it. But I can relay what I know in general about the Israeli people I've met and things we've talked about.

Most Israeli's don't want war or to fight with anyone. But they also refuse to be stepped on - they are a very determined and tough people, but that doesn't make them bloodthirsty animals either. They just want to live in peace like anyone else.

But they want their government to protect them from the likes of Hamas and anyone else that might attack Israel. They demand that something be done about the missiles from Gaza - If something similar was happening in the US I would be demanding the same. There have been many times that missiles were launched from Gaza (I've read anywhere from 10k - 12k since 2001) and Israel has done nothing, and many people in the south were getting very angry with the government. This was really coming to a head the first time I was here in 2008-2009 and people were protesting around government buildings and the homes of the leaders.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join