It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN article on Hamas military leader killed by Israeli strike, shows ignorance from users.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Digusting Comments.
When your on CNN regrading the Israeli IDF attack in Gaza on Hamas, the commment sections truly just shows how war mongering of America it is of course not all of America but the minority of them and no i am not a fan of Hamas nor Israel.

But the attack in Gaza has caused civilian deaths including it caused the death of children in the attack which the photos of the dead children in Gaza is spreading on the internet but honestly some of the comments made by the users are saying Israel has a right attack Hamas if they are actually hiding between civilians.

Here are a few replies.

Attacking terrrorists hiding in civilian areas is legitimate self-defense. Targeting these terrorists is the right thing to do, even if it means wounding numerous civilians. Who knows how many Israelis these terrorists would have eventually killed, or injured, if left alone? After all, they were actively trying to kill, or injure, Israelis. Civilian casualties are unfortunate.

But, given the potential danger to Israelis from these individuals, the risk to Palestinian civilians from the strikes is justified. Israel does try minimize harm to civilians.

The same cannot be said for the Palestinians. It is their job to stop terrorists from operating in their residential areas, and endangering everyone around them. If they want to keep their people safe, they should arrest these terrorists themselves. It is not that complicated.

Weird, the word Jihad appears in the Quran over 41 different times. Which, you know, predates Saudi Arabia. Anything else you want to make up as a fact?

Attacking terrrorists hiding in civilian areas is legitimate self-defense.

I guess that means that Assad has the right as well then.

Unintentional collateral damage brought upon the Palestinians by the reckless Hamas terrorists who initiated this round of violence in hope they can get away with murdering more Israelis. Well, they were wrong.

Because civilians including children are dying from the response. If Canada were firing rockets into my backyard, I certainly wouldn't think slaughtering Canadian civilians would bring a stop to it, much less be a reasonable response when the number of casualties from their cobbled together rockets was as low as that of Palestinian rocket attacks.

The mind of an typical Israeli supporter

Betty White Den Hickey • 29 minutes ago

We must support Israel at all cost!!!!

It is what God wants us to do! If the American people do not wake up and realize what is truly going on , we will all pay the price!!!

Really? so according to God he wants us to support Israel at all cost?

I am glad I am able to read so many people supporting Israel. This is so right!!! If this was here in the US we would take our guns and go to their neighborhoods and kill every damn one. You shoot a bomb, rocket, what have you at my house, my store, I am coming looking for you and I will kill everyone until it stops. This is not an Israel thing, not any thing but one being tired of being bombed. Israel WON the war. The let the Palestinians stay on in some areas for some reason

Bravo Israel, Bravo. I wish I could wake up to wonderful news like this every day.

And yes there was even a user who wrote Support Israel defeat Jihad
seriously what is going to those 3000+ users on CNN?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know, OP...I'm no rubber stamp supporter of Israel and their tactics. They are, in their way, as bad or (at times) worse than the Jihadis they fight. However....Israel didn't just wake up and decide Gaza needed airstrikes. Hamas Rocket and Mortar teams have been firing into Israel for days. Where is the outrage shown for the total disregard to Israeli life? There are a good number of Arabs ..Israeli Arabs...mixed with the Jews. It seems to be the outrage is fitting to both sides who would accept civilian death as a course of business in the fight. Israel is wrong for air striking neighborhoods to get single rocket teams......and Hamas has ALWAYS been wrong for their suicide bombers, snipers and rockets into civilian neighborhoods North of the line.

That's one situation where no one wears a White Hat and no one has a Black hat. They are both swapping shades of gray depending on who fired last and what day it is for the tit for tat this time, IMO.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Again how many of those rocket attacks that Hamas have attacked Israel had killed any civilians? your right about Israel there tactics are far worse then Hamas but then again how many of those rockets have killed any Israeli civilian?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't forget the 120 rockets fired at Israel recently. Not much said about those aye!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You're saying because Hamas cannot fire accurately and effectively....Israel should treat those incoming rockets differently for response than say Syria or Egypt ...if they fired more sophisticated ones? One of the latest shots did hit a shopping mall, by the way. It just didn't hit any people, thankfully. The response seems to have been airstrikes (which I don't agree with in general) and the targeted Assassination of a Hamas commander earlier today.

I guess we'll see if the rocket fire into civilian neighborhoods lessens after this or if a full blown war is the choice of the leaders over there.

The bad part is...... Gaza is the size of Bakersfield and sits between the border with UN/U.S. Forces in the Sinai Desert and the bulk of Israel to the North. So....If Israel falls under full blown attack in an all out war, Gaza will almost certainly be obliterated by splash damage, misses/overshoots and just all around contamination. I'd be careful how strongly anyone roots for Israels destruction if the people in the West Bank and Gaza mean much. It's so small an area....they die too, almost certainly.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i always see these incoherent, unecessary, out of touch comments

it doesnt take a genious to know they are fake

we all just witnessed isreal take it to the next level...with two different enemies in one week

they are provoking hamas...and we all know what happens when they do that...isreal get a "kill an arab free card"

what makes me laugh is...our "iron Dome" stopped 13 missiles from hamas....

B to the S......pure bunk...these lies are so blatant, no one calls there bluff

they are dragging us through the gates of hell....right on cue...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

israelis do continue its land grabbing from the Palestinians. . .

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Don't forget the 120 rockets fired at Israel recently. Not much said about those aye!

i`ll tell you why

because about 119 - 120 of those supposed missiles never existed....i dont talk make believe in a news forumn

they were always going to start a war before december....

its a religion...to secure mount hermon

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Look at it this way..Arabs killing Arabs in Arab land, if they are too busy killing each other they will forget to kill us ?

People are of the misconception that Israeli's / Jews are uniquely different to all the other Arabs in that region, here is a heads up they are one and the same Arabic Race that have a penchant for killing innocent people. You call them Israeli I call them Arabs why you ask ? they both admit to having Abraham as a common ancestor and hence are genetically identical. It isn't the first time a Race has tried to claim its self as superior hint - Hitler.

Let them Kill each other I say and then when the last one is gone they will stop coming to my country building mosques and bringing their version of hate to our lands.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

what you seem to always forget

is that it is all palastinian land..UNTILL...isreal CHOOSES its borders

palastinians are fighting occupation

every single one of those palastinian missiles (home made) have landed in palastinian land, occupied by a foreign force

keep your ignorance and your lax/lame attidude for WWE summerslam....

edit on 14-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Look at it this way..Arabs killing Arabs in Arab land, if they are too busy killing each other they will forget to kill us ?
Let them Kill each other I say and then when the last one is gone they will stop coming to my country building mosques and bringing their version of hate to our lands.

funny that

because if you left them to it

this problem wouldnt exist

dont forget whos propping up that state...well a borderless state

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by mazzroth

funny that

because if you left them to it

this problem wouldnt exist

dont forget whos propping up that state...well a borderless state

I'm confused here, if Israel was left to do what it wanted in the ME then it would be surrounded by a billion angry Arabs and I'm confident Israel would be no more.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Come on now...
Most everyone knows that the Muslims fighting against Israel have zero problem, and will even go out of their way to, hide stuff where they know that it will cause high levels of civilian casualties. They of course do this in an effort to give Israel bad press, and sway world opinion against Israel. They consider those who died to be martyrs.

On the other hand, Israel never seems to have a problem with playing right along, and smacking whatever they have hidden no matter what its located by/near/under...

Everyone here is well aware of this, its SOP in their fighting over there, which is why folks seem crass when they don't fall for these antics anymore.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is exactly why there will be no world peace.

There has always been fighting and there will always be fighting amongst the human race.

It is as old as time itself.

Each side thinks they are right, especially the religious, who think that God is on their side.

Pretty sad really, and to think of all that could be accomplished without the bloodshed and waste of resources, just because someone thinks it is the "right" thing to do.

to both sides for not making peace. And the same to the rest of the world including my country.

There will always be some sort of war. We need it to feel purpose, in my own opinion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Not surprised at all by the support that is given for israhell. , what really shocked me was that cnn has at least 3000 viewers. my mind is blown.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As you probably saw the some of the comments are getting deleted, they should also deleted this comment.

The truth is that the Palestinians is a made-up nation invented to fight with Israel. These are Jordanian and Egyptian Arabs. Terrorists.

Nice going there Newt Gingrich he can join albright. To start a ethnic hatred campaign.

israel is the land of the jews, the reason its not simply called jewdea is complicated, but you have to admit that the jews are not a made up people. its the palestinians you cant see any historic relic of, there were only arabs in the middle ages.

Where do these people get there news from FOX News?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

i`ll tell you why

because about 119 - 120 of those supposed missiles never existed....i dont talk make believe in a news forumn

they were always going to start a war before december....

its a religion...to secure mount hermon

Never existed?!?! Really? I've seen them arcing across the sky coming towards me - I've seen Iron Dome shoot them out of the sky - I regularly hear and feel the explosions near my apartment - I've seen the aftermath where they impact. Don't try to tell me the are not real - I know better. And the number launched in the last few days is closer to 600...

I lived in Israel from 2008 until the middle of 2009 and experienced the last big flare up from Gaza at the end of 2008, and I returned for another long term work assignment January of this year. When I was here in 2008, many of the rockets Hamas launched into Israel were home made (Qassam) and their warheads topped out at about 20-40 pounds of high explosive. They also had some Grad missiles supplied by Iran which had a bit longer range and warheads approaching 100 pounds of HE.

Now Hamas has obtained the Fajr-5 missile, also from Iran, which has allowed them to hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem with 200 pounds of high explosive... They have significantly upgraded their destructive capability in the last couple of years and have come a long way from a few home made rockets...

The only thing Hamas wants is to kill Israeli's - they don't care about the people of Gaza.

Palestinian reaction:

The firing of Qassam rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel has been opposed by those living closest to the firing location due to Israeli military responses. On July 23, 2004 a family attempted to physically prevent the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades from setting up a Qassam rocket launcher outside their house. Members of the brigade shot one member of the family, an Arab boy, and wounded 5 others

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoJoe
Never existed?!?! Really? I've seen them arcing across the sky coming towards me - I've seen Iron Dome shoot them out of the sky - I regularly hear and feel the explosions near my apartment - I've seen the aftermath where they impact. Don't try to tell me the are not real - I know better. And the number launched in the last few days is closer to 600...

before or after the airstrike?

edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Both

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Both

but there wasnt any before though was there....
i didnt see any report of hamas rockets prior to the airstrike..as hamas members where in cairo

also
i watched the syrian attack on an isreali vehicle
i watched hamas and the world in cairo signing a peace treaty
i saw an air strike (pre meditated) on a top hamas member
i saw netanyahu campaign for a war all year
i saw obama get reelected and netanyahu start a different war where he doesnt need america
i saw egypt officially asking isreal to stop

i can go on

top topics

<<   2 >>

join