It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Blames Loss on Obama’s ‘Gifts’ to Minorities and Young Voters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I completely agree. Currently there are more people on the free take who will continue to vote in a government that vilifies people who work and pay taxes. An analogy I heard the other day was Republicans are the parents who want a budget and want everyone in the house to chip in to try and turn things around. After all how is someone who does nothing doing their "fair share"? Democrats are the teenagers who just expect food, a roof, and money handed to them out of thin air. So yes, Dems will continue to win and the country will continue to decline.

Want to see what's coming? Read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. The people with the means and the will to drive the economy are waking up and realizing that it is becoming too burdensome for the 49% to 51%. We're seeing it right now. Massive numbers of people selling their businesses, their investments etc... and pulling it out of the system to protect it from the long and sticky hand of government taxation and regulation. You can't blame them.

Why is it greed to want to keep what you have worked hard to earn and NOT greed when you demand the fruits of someone else's labor for your benefit?

We are headed for some very dark times.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is yet another reason why only landowners and people who actually pay income taxes should be voting. It's safe to assume that at a bare minimum, 50% of voters have no stake in the game, and vote for whoever promises them more of other peoples money.

Though the author of the following quote is in dispute, the truth in the quote stands undisputed:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

The pitiful excuse for elections in this country needs a full frontal lobotomy. As do most of the voters.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Romney, along with the most of the TP/GOP establishment and it's supporters, are absolutely clueless with respect to the outcome of this latest election. Not to mention, totally out of touch with the american electorate.

If any of you here really think that Romney lost just because he did this, or just because Obama did that, maybe you could explain to the rest of us just exactly what happened in the House & Senate and why?

IMO, this election has proven to be an overwhelming rejection of the current day TP/GOP agenda and it's ideology as a whole, across the board, in all three branches of government. For most of us, it couldn't be any more obvious, yet they continue to blame their loses on everything except for the actual cause.

The TP/GOP had better call off it's love affair with Grover Norquist and wake up to address their real problems, or prepare themselves for the "2014 Mid-Term Super-Storm" headed their way.

My message to Romney and his "Whine Belt" supporters; "It's your ideology, stupid."
edit on 15-11-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Right. That is exactly what I was thinking. Trillions of dollars in lost revenue from the Bush tax cuts were extraordinary "gifts" for the wealthiest 2% of our society. The fact that Romney doesn't understand this only highlights his extraordinary unsuitability as a leader for the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

50% have "no stake in the game" is ignorant and wrong.

Those on Social Security contributed their entire lives, students train now to contribute later, everyone pays sales tax.

Your argument is divisive and wrong-headed. Worse -- it *lost*.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
This is yet another reason why only landowners and people who actually pay income taxes should be voting. It's safe to assume that at a bare minimum, 50% of voters have no stake in the game, and vote for whoever promises them more of other peoples money.

So all those millions of non-landowner people who live in apartment complexes, paying their leases to the guy who's name in on the property deed, who in turn uses that lease revenue to pay property taxes, "have no stake in the game?" Please!!!!!!

Who's actually paying those taxes anyway? The renters paying the lease, or the middle man that passes part of that lease revenue on to the government?

Don't you see how assed-backwards that line of reasoning is?

We All Have A Stake In This Game!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by UberL33t

Romney, along with the most of the TP/GOP establishment and it's supporters, are absolutely clueless with respect to the outcome of this latest election. Not to mention, totally out of touch with the american electorate.

If any of you here really think that Romney lost just because he did this, or just because Obama did that, maybe you could explain to the rest of us just exactly what happened in the House & Senate and why?

IMO, this election has proven to be an overwhelming rejection of the current day TP/GOP agenda and it's ideology as a whole, across the board, in all three branches of government. For most of us, it couldn't be any more obvious, yet they continue to blame their loses on everything except for the actual cause.

The TP/GOP had better call off it's love affair with Grover Norquist and wake up to address their real problems, or prepare themselves for the "2014 Mid-Term Super-Storm" headed their way.

My message to Romney and his "Whine Belt" supporters; "It's your ideology, stupid."
edit on 15-11-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

Let's talk about Out of touch", shall we? I'm willing to bet you're one of those people who pay your monthly credit card bill with your other credit card, right? No??? Why not? That is EXACTLY what you are advocating the country to do.

Think about that before you start accusing people of being out of touch!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Hefficide

Right. That is exactly what I was thinking. Trillions of dollars in lost revenue from the Bush tax cuts were extraordinary "gifts" for the wealthiest 2% of our society. The fact that Romney doesn't understand this only highlights his extraordinary unsuitability as a leader for the US.
"

WTF!?!? Only a COMMUNIST believes that KEEPING YOUR OWN MONEY is a "Gift"!!!

There it is folks - laid bare for all to see. The liberals don't see YOUR money as being YOURS at all. Nope. They see it being the government's and being allowed to keep your money is a "Gift".

Bring on this damned civil war already. The freaking gene pool in this country needs a heavy dose of Chlorine! I've no desire to pretend that I can even put up with this level of stupidity any longer!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Yeah, ok. That is why voter turnout for both sides were SO High....

Oh wait, the voter turnout was lower then 2008.

Yeah, such on overwhelming mandate.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I do... I completely see how assed-backwards your reasoning is. So, the welfare, food-stamp, Medicaid, free Obama phone receiving deadbeat has a stake in the game??? Please do explain that. I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear about their stake!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

50% have "no stake in the game" is ignorant and wrong.

Those on Social Security contributed their entire lives, students train now to contribute later, everyone pays sales tax.

Your argument is divisive and wrong-headed. Worse -- it *lost*.

Sales tax is a local and state matter, not a federal one. Hopefully that is not news to you. Almost 50 % pay zero income taxes at all, why should they have a vote in how that money is spent?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The person that owns it pays the tax, because at the end of the day, the person renting can walk away.
The owner will always pay the tax.
Oh yeah, don't forget that at the 3 year mark I believe that it is considered a business, thus the owner gets taxed again on income.

So, the renter has less risk by far.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So all those millions of non-landowner people who live in apartment complexes, paying their leases to the guy who's name in on the property deed, who in turn uses that lease revenue to pay property taxes, "have no stake in the game?" Please!!!!!!

Who's actually paying those taxes anyway? The renters paying the lease, or the middle man that passes part of that lease revenue on to the government?

Lol again, property taxes are not a federal matter, they are a county and state matter.

It helps to know what you are talking about before you choose to opine.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yes, because calling me a "communist" isn't a 60 year old trick to misdirect the trolls, right?

Here's what I know: America is 12th in the world for Entrepreneurs, according to Forbes, released today, behind New Zealand. Denmark, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The United Kingdom, and Australia. Most of those countries lean much further to the left than we do.

For example: Every single one has socialized medicine.

So you can take your Senator Joe McCarthy and stick it, because I never called for central control over the means of production. I called for a return to the tax rates of the 1990's.

You know -- back when the country was solvent and the economy was strong.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
get of the grid, become more self reliant. .. problem solved

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

SO you are tying entrepreneurs to socialized medicine?

No, wrong take on the presentation of those countries.

That list was speaking on how successful the businesses are based on how free the people are.

We are loosing our standing because the Fed Govt is taking away rights and encroaching on freedoms every single day.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VwMk1

Do you believe 320 million Americans can "get off the grid?"

How would they get food, energy, medicine? How would they participate meaningfully in a national economy?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Let's talk about Out of touch", shall we? I'm willing to bet you're one of those people who pay your monthly credit card bill with your other credit card, right? No??? Why not? That is EXACTLY what you are advocating the country to do.

Think about that before you start accusing people of being out of touch!

Actually, I don't use credit cards and I never have. That's not to say I've never needed to borrow money, I just don't use credit cards, but that's neither here nor there.

The first thing that your party needs to recognize is the fact that our deficit problem is not just a "spending problem." There are other real facets of this picture that need addressing as well, like revenue and investment. The same way a college student invest time, money and effort in hopes of eventually increasing his/her future revenues in life.

Show me a business that's never needed to borrow money and I'll show you a rare entity indeed. It's time we invested in America instead of private industry. Tax breaks and loopholes for corporations and the wealthy elite have only proven to make them richer and have not aided in job production.

We keep hearing that if we allow these wealthy "job creators" to keep more of "their money," they would create plenty of jobs and what a line of B.S. that has proven to be. There is no such thing as a business that hires people just for the sake of doing so. They only hire new people when the market demands that they do so and putting more tax dollars in their pockets has not influenced the markets in such a way.

It's time for a different approach and the majority of americans have clearly chosen which side they're on.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Romney lost because of the Loudmouthed, mysgonistic, strip women of their rights- republicans.
If Mittens had won his cronies would have convinced him to repeal the 19th amendment and the women saw thath if Mitt had won it would not have been good for them.

Women (on average) skew left, and b/c they are now 51% of the nation's population, would constitute a threat. IMO the right wing wants a one-party system and will pretty much stop at nothing in order to get it.

The women haters should have just shut up until after the election. Their spew cost their boy the presidency. They should have listened to their mother when told "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all'.
Hope they are proud of themselves.
edit on 15-11-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join