It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Blames Loss on Obama’s ‘Gifts’ to Minorities and Young Voters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Other than Mr Romneys opinion above, can you source any instances of purchased votes?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by Hefficide

Funny Heff. I thought it was against the law to BUY someone's vote. No matter WHO does it. Oh that is right I forgot. It is ok for Obama and his administration as they do not have to follow the law. By the way didn't I read a post from you about banning lobbyists? You know, those guys who BUY the votes of our Congressmen? That's right, Obama does it too that is how Obamacare got through. If it was not your post then I apoligise ahead of time.

I hear you, but its been done since politicians and their show became a contest. Recall " a chicken in every pot"? Hoover was promising voters food security. The list is long and ugly... promises made, promises never kept to the people... promises made and kept to the donors.
**shrug** this president isnt different than others. I dunno what the hub bub is over him either being a savior or devil is all about.. he is just yet another soggy diaper politician who's all promises and no joy.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Haha.

There are still people all upset and crying about democrats wanting 'free stuff'.

Because all the blue collar workers who build our infrastructure and break their butts everyday have no work ethic. They are lazy and want free things.

Do you see how utterly ridiculous this theory is? No one voted for free stuff. They voted for the burden of taxes to be off the middle class for a change. Job creators arent creating jobs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Government is where the Money is Romney would have been no different:

Romney wants Government Money to spread to his cronies
www.youtube.com...

Via ABC News: "In a long-forgotten tape from the 2002 Massachusetts governor's race obtained by ABC News, Mitt Romney is seen touting his Washington connections and his ability to get millions of taxpayer dollars from the federal government...".* Cenk Uygur and Ben Mankiewicz discuss on The Young Turks.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What is the difference between Obama and Romney when it comes time to stealing my tax dollars for their Wall Street Cronies?

None

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

And this demographic is a growing percentage of the population.

The conspiracy side of me wonders....is this by design?

Of course it is. Why else do you think Obama has been consistent about his policy of opening up the borders and letting illegal aliens in? And why he supports the idea of illegal aliens already in the USA being allowed to stay.
Its because they (Latinos) are his fast growing voter base.

Romney had the idea of cracking down on illegal aliens. It lost him the election.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Do these dumb politicians ever learn? It seems as though these politicians we have are no different than a teenage girl that didn't make the cheerleading squad. They have to point fingers and say dumb things like "she only made the team because her mom shops at the same market as the coach!".

Also, I keep hearing other members talk about the "freebies" and entitlements that are causing the downfall of this country. Where are my freebies? I am not rich, nor poor and I haven't seen a bit of free stuff yet.

Could it be the only thing free around here is the BS..........oh, and don't forget the all-you-can-eat lies!
edit on 14-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so obama beat him in the game of politics

poor baby

just proof he would never had made it as potus, he couldn't even handle debate moderators

he would have been a disater as potus

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Romney (and a lot of you here) insult American citizens constantly and for some reason cant seem to realize why he lost the election. People didnt vote for Obama because of "free stuff" its because of your own bigotry, so is it really so surprising that the Romney lost? Does anyone really believe you can become the POTUS by going around insulting half the nation? I think most people forget that the average american lives and works in multicultural america. And for the record I didnt support any candidate, I know that they are both puppets.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Exactly!
Where are my freebies at as well?
Why am I paying taxes for these freeloaders?

Only Freebies are going to the Financial Terrorists on Wall Street, The Military Industrial Complex and the well connect Multi National Corporations

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Do these dumb politicians ever learn? It seems as though these politicians we have are no different than a teenage girl that didn't make the cheerleading squad. They have to point fingers and say dumb things like "she only made the team because her mom shops at the same market as the coach!".

Also, I keep hearing other members talk about the "freebies" and entitlements that are causing the downfall of this country. Where are my freebies? I am not rich, nor poor and I haven't seen a bit of free stuff yet.

Could it be the only thing free around here is the BS..........oh, and don't forget the all-you-can-eat lies!
edit on 14-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Better at memory then at research, probably because it was part of my job to remember correctly. I will look and see if I can find the story's again. The bribery I was referring to was what was offered to particular Congressmen's districts IF they would change their vote to yes for Obamacare. It was done I believe with four Congressmen and it was written about by all sides. Remember Obamacare was not going to pass until this happened. What I found amazing was there was no attempt to hide it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Try this one. It is not working well on my computer so I am not certain.
hotair.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

You'll get no argument from me that Congress is the most corrupt and dysfunctional institution in the free world. But that is a separate issue from vote fraud.

FTR people buy Congressional votes every day - and even get tax exempt status to do so. They're called lobbyists and, IMO, are the greatest threat to freedom today.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by alfa1

The conspiracy side of me wonders....is this by design?
I guess upto certain extent yes. A dealer ensures his/her client is hooked by giving them freebies and samples at first only to squeeze the life and money out eventually in the long run. Unfortunately its the sad reality. US is becoming a third world country IMO. More and more citizens relying upon government to take care of them. Whatever happened to self reliance upto certain extent. Certainly it would make sense for the Government to take care of the elderly and disabled and victims of certain circumstances but definitely some of the welfare programs are nothing more than waste of tax payers money.
edit on 15-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

What's the problem??
He is right.

Now, on to other things like NDAA, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Petraeus, Iran attaching a Drone in International airspace, Hurricane Sandy and so on.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All of the fraud and lunacy aside Romney lost this election back in August when the RNC decided to take a leak on Ron Paul and all of his supporters legs and tell them it's raining...

At that point even those that were not Paul supporters in the least but stood behind candidates other than the Stormin' Mormon realized that their guy never had a chance and that the entire process was rigged... after that a great majority decided "screw it... I'll throw my vote away on a third party" or just stayed home altogether...

The RNC had it's chance to actually stand for something and had they let due process play out Paul may not have won the nod... but rigging it to ensure he didn't only served to tighten the noose around their neck...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Romney lost because the majority were sane people who knew he be a bad president for America. Romney lost because a sizable portion of whites as well do not trust him and voted for Obama. Yes all those rednecks that voted for you Romney they all support themselves ( ya right)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Exactly!
Where are my freebies at as well?

Promising freebies and getting any are two different things, Romney didn't tell enough whoppers.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Sorry Romney, there's more than just middle aged white people voting.

Was listening to the radio a few days ago and some speaker was explaining how, in their current state, the Republicans will never win another presidency.
Obama wins 93 percent of black vote (as expected)
Obama wins 71 percent of Hispanic vote
Obama wins 55 percent of women vote

So... the only thing Romney did well was win the white (and male) vote.
BUT this is a declining demographic in a country that is increasingly multicultural.

The reasoning goes that have already voted twice in one way, with the probability of a third time at the next election as Obama also supports the next candidate, the Black and Hispanic (and Women) voters are all now self declared Democrats.... for many years to come.

I completely agree. Currently there are more people on the free take who will continue to vote in a government that vilifies people who work and pay taxes. An analogy I heard the other day was Republicans are the parents who want a budget and want everyone in the house to chip in to try and turn things around. After all how is someone who does nothing doing their "fair share"? Democrats are the teenagers who just expect food, a roof, and money handed to them out of thin air. So yes, Dems will continue to win and the country will continue to decline.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Again!? JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!

Someone explain to me how he is factually incorrect? Someone explain to me what people voted "For" if it wasn't the benefits and promises of handouts? Did they vote for more floundering economy? More inflation? More national debt? Less Constitutional protections? If it wasn't the promise of handouts, what was it???

Let's be real... even Benjamin Franklin saw it coming over 200 years ago when he stated "When people realize they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic".

Take a look at every single demographic that voted for Obama in swarming numbers - each was promised the prospect of a handout or benefit. College kids, which represent the highest unemployment, voted for Obama over-whelmingly. Are you trying to tell me that they voted for him because they like holding 4 waitress jobs and like living in their parents basement? Um, no... they voted for being allowed to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance well into adulthood. They voted for relief on student loan interest. They voted for further student loan guarantees.

How about low-income? I guess they voted for Obama because they LOVE being unemployed, destitute and in perennial poverty, right? I don't think so. They voted because Obama has DOUBLED the number of families receiving food stamps. He has eased the welfare-to-work requirements. He has handed out free cell phones. He has guaranteed free internet service. He has people receiving unemployment benefits into their second year!

To the Latinos? Amnesty. Legalization. Free healthcare. Lower education costs.

To the liberal women? Free birth control. Free abortions. He even promised free mammograms (Incorrectly I should add!).

Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson were all correct, if not downright prescient, when they declared that the future electorate would vote not for character, but for their share of government largesse and that would likely be the end of the country. Sometimes the truth hurts, but what Romney stated was nothing but pure fact. I'll be anxious to see someone refute that with REAL facts - not hyperbole and dissembling.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join