It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Page counts, goto function, cacheing of board images.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Has anyone requested that there be a page count showing the total pages in the thread, as well as a way to get to ones in the middle of it?
I am doing so now anyway. A total page count just so you know the level of the conversation generated on the thread and how much you're committing to read, and a goto function because, it's hard to get to the 89th page in a 300 page thread without doing it in lots of little steps.
Or is there a more esoteric board function I just haven't learned the use of yet?

One more question, totally different, more about how browsers work I guess.
I am on mobile internet data, so sometimes I turn off all jpgs on my browser using a plugin to save megabytes, but I often have to turn it on to reply, or look at embedded pictures. My question is, given that the pictures used in the layout of each page of the forum are the same, are they all just saved and loaded from my cache (firefox), and so does turning off jpgs or not actually save me any data every time I load a new page? Excluding of course, the actual text, and any one-off images in a page (I've turned off avatars).

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by delusion

Explanation: One easy way to get to any page on a very long thread is access the address bar in ones browser ...

... and manually TYPE the page number in ... and then hit enter!

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by delusion

Explanation: One easy way to get to any page on a very long thread is access the address bar in ones browser ...

... and manually TYPE the page number in ... and then hit enter!

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

Huh, I thought there was an obvious trick I was missing, thanks!

join