It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have mocked those who posted in this forum. Now, it's my turn. Have at me!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by sled735
How totally fascinating! I am soooooo glad you have come over to the "other side" in your thinking.

I told you, I am a Taurus.... we don't give up.

Welcome to the world of "meaningful dreams"!

pffft. You wish!
I still stand by everything I have written in Ascension's thread and elsewhere on the subject. The only change I've made is in my attitude towards this forum. I will no longer look down at the end of my nose when reading about someone else's very personal experience in dream states etc.

And of course, I'm open to your interpretation since you have the most uncanny ability to see things in other peoples' dreams that the dreamer often overlooks.
edit on 14-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

Back at 'cha!
Thanks for the compliment though.

I'll give your dream a good going over this weekend when I'm off work to see if there is any "enlightenment" I can offer with my "uncanny ability".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hello friend,

What a fantastic dream/experience.

I'm very active in the dreamworld and i know the feeling after dreams like that,so i won't even try to interprit the meaning and the symbolism of the dream.Recently in one of my dreams someone told me that "the answers are within you,you just have to find the key to unlock them".
If you happen to see that dragon creature again(for a reason i believe that it won't be the last you'll hear from her),in another dream,just make sure to ask as much questions as possible,before she sent you back to bed.

Other than that i'm out of words(which is very rare for me
)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

You know, I've been meaning to investigate your threads. I had a feeling you were an interesting person
I still remember the advice you gave me (in my other thread) when dealing with the dreamworld: "Shields up!"

I look forward to reading about your dream experiences.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

There are not many dreams/experiences that i have shared with the community.I'm a private person and i don't feel very confortable.Even when i do write something,i feel strange for a while,like i shouldn't have opened up.

Most of my dreams are very weird,even by the ATS standards,and i keep them to myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

I'm a private person and i don't feel very confortable.Even when i do write something,i feel strange for a while,like i shouldn't have opened up.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I felt like this after writing this thread as well as my Gray Area thread. After posting, I felt like I shouldn't have shared this--that something bad will happen as a result. I don't know why I get the heebie-jeebies when I write about these personal experiences.

I am curious if anybody else feels that way? Or does anyone get the opposite feeling? Please share! I am now very curious!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

First i would like to say that many of my dreams are on going(like episodes).The latest one:

I woke up (in the dream) in ancient Rome and i walk among Roman soldiers trying to locate a person that i would feel would be suitable to become the first vampire.I walk among the people and noone seems to fit the standards,until i find the one.
I talked to him and i asked him if he wanted to live forever.When he answered yes,i led him to a dark corner where a person(not very human) was waiting for us.Right there in front of me he ripped the man's soul and made him drink from a cup,his blood.
The man changed into a vampire and i woke up.
The next dream(the next night) with him was a little more weird.I woke up in a tomb,next to him and i woke him up telling him that it's time for lesson one.Then i started telling him what he had to do to increase the vampire population and how to keep it in balance with the humans,what he had to avoid and how he must protect the secret of their existence.
I had 5 dreams in total with my vampire and in the dreams i'm his guide.The dreams are dark,creepy and sometimes i wake up trembling.Last night i only saw fragments of his "actions",mixed inside a normal and irrelevant dream,like flashbacks.

There you go i shared.Now i'll go hide

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

I'm a private person and i don't feel very confortable.Even when i do write something,i feel strange for a while,like i shouldn't have opened up.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I felt like this after writing this thread as well as my Gray Area thread. After posting, I felt like I shouldn't have shared this--that something bad will happen as a result. I don't know why I get the heebie-jeebies when I write about these personal experiences.

I am curious if anybody else feels that way? Or does anyone get the opposite feeling? Please share! I am now very curious!

I can relate to you and the other poster for sure.. My "feelings" are more of embarrassment after I share an experience. Also the feeling like you say that "I have did something wrong". It is a double edged sword though.. When I do get the courage to "share" experiences part of me lights up you could say.. It feels wonderful to share something with the community here. Then after posting part of me is like "omg your an idiot" "you sound crazy" "blah blah blah:

I don't have many friends I can speak to about certain things because they would think I am a nutter. Even with the anonymity here on ATS I think people will call me crazy.

I think we are so accustomed to viewing "reality" a certain way, these old thought patterns get repeated over and over. I know it is hard for me to except my own experiences and doubt my sanity, so I do not expect others to believe things I say.

It is like my heart knows our experiences have meaning, but my mind still doubts and feels fear for sharing. I truly believe it is all about sharing and learning from each other. Well that is what my heart says

My mind says not to share or like you say "something bad will happen". My experience has tought me to follow my heart, not my mind. It is just not as easy as it sounds

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have avoided the whole thing for the most part by sleeping on my side. I just couldn't be gallivanting the realms where thought merges with the fabric of reality when I had mid-terms to be done haha.

Even as I type this I have a "feeling" I should not talk about it

It is silly.

I still avoid sleeping on my back for the most part too. Right now I have finals coming up and it is hard to try and balance these things.

It is like two worlds in a way. I have had full "visions" or "hallucinations" during wakeful hours as well, when they first started I was diagnosed as having schizophrenia. That label gets the best of me sometimes still to this day. How do you take a "final" seriously when the day before you were talking to deceased relatives and traveling through space and time.. having visions of different star systems etc

After my first "encounter" with something I didn't handle it as calmly as I am able to now. My family became concerned for my sanity and checked me into a mental health facility. I understand they only did this because they care for me and were concerned.

I spent 7 days in a "nut house". After I was released they diagnosed me with schizophrenia and told me I had a debilitating brain disease that would get worse over time. They said I had to apply for social security disability to afford all the meds I was going to have to take for the rest of my life. It scared the ##### outta me.

I quit taking the meds because they made me feel like a zombie, also my "dreams" that had so much meaning before became disturbing when on the meds. Instead of continuing taking the meds, I went to the library and did my own research into my diagnoses, Two years later I am back in school for the first time in 12 years and have a 4.0 GPA

I do not say that to sound egoish or to brag.. I say it because this system made me think I needed to go on disability because I would no longer be a valued member to society.. Turns out they were wrong

My experience with psychosis/schizophrenia really opened my eyes to how we handle mental health these days. I am in psychology and hope to one day make a small change in the mental health field by helping others in my small community who may experience things I did.

Part of me doesn't want to share this

edit on 15-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I had 5 dreams in total with my vampire and in the dreams i'm his guide.The dreams are dark,creepy and sometimes i wake up trembling.Last night i only saw fragments of his "actions",mixed inside a normal and irrelevant dream,like flashbacks. There you go i shared.Now i'll go hide

LOL after my last post wanted to go hide as you say too.

Don't take this the wrong way.. but I can't stand vampires! I have no idea why.. I am a very loving person and don't really hate anything or anyone except for vampires

Not sure what it is but vampire lore in general just angers part of me. It isn't that serious though because I laugh at myself for feeling such hostility towards something silly like that.

Any ideas on why I have such harsh feeling for vampires? As far as I know a vampire has never "wronged" me

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No, don't go hide! In fact, I did read your thread based on these episodic dreams. I, too, have noticed a bit of a saga-like quality to some of my dreams--some of them seem to be a continuation of previous dreams right where the other one left off.

I'm not sure what to say about the vampires though. Recruiting blood-thirsty vampires doesn't exactly sound like a prestigious job! The important thing is, what feelings do the dreams evoke in you? I think that's what we need to focus on--the feelings, not the logistics. Deal with the feelings.

I have experienced the full spectrum of dream imagery and subject matter from the blissfully divine to the morose, dark, and disturbing. I think that's normal for us dreamers. To say that we have no skeletons in our closet as a species is naive.
edit on 15-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My experience has tought me to follow my heart, not my mind. It is just not as easy as it sounds

Yes, exactly. I can never tell if that 'bad feeling' is intuitive..OR, if it's just my friends and family talking. I grew up with my grandparents--so, there was a bit of a generation gap with me. I have a bit of an old-fashioned way of thinking sometimes compared to my peers.

I grew up in a household where the rule was: "Children are seen and never heard."

To share these kinds of dreams and experiences in threads rubs against the grain of the indoctrination of my childhood. It certainly isn't easy to confront and reconcile.

Like you, I have to continually remind myself to follow my heart and intuition. It has guided me correctly far more often than my logical mind. However, integration is the great trick--balancing heart and mind. Not easy to do!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Hey, don't let the labels bring you down. I have a sleeping disorder. How many times do you think my dreams and waking experiences have been dismissed and written off as symptoms of narcolepsy? Like I'm not in a position to know better?

I stopped taking my meds too. For narcolepsy, they pretty much just pumped me up full of amphetamines and hypnotic tranquilizers (believe it or not, insomnia can be a symptom of narcolepsy as well.) They didn't work, they didn't help at all. I tried for 2 years. Even worse, they had awful and painful side-effects.

I agree that it is very difficult to combine the spiritual aspect of our lives with the menial. I had this dream from the OP before I had some chores to do today. You want to know what those chores were? I went to my older brother's house and played maid for a couple of hours. I even scooped up the dog poop too. I have a college education, but I lost my job and haven't been able to find another one. I'm overqualified for this and underqualified for that. Instead, I clean my bro's house for a monthly pittance. Again, all just labels.

Society may say we are losers by assessing these labels. But, I think we have to decide by our own standards whether we are successful or not. Society says I'm a loser, a bum, a ne'er-do-well. I say I am beautiful, talented, and capable.

The important thing is that you know you are a seeker--and never to give that up. The stresses of life will try to bring us down. People on ATS will call us crazy and blame it on this and that and beg us to try their brand of rationality.

It is our job to discover who we are--not to let anyone else tell us what we should be.

Edit: By the way, I did minor in psychology. I sincerely hope you do shake up some psychological theories! People trust in psychology so much as if it were the final word on the human mind!--when, in reality, so much of it is subjective and open to interpretation. I do love psychology as an academic discipline. But, I am not going to say that it has no room for improvement.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Society may say we are losers by assessing these labels. But, I think we have to decide by our own standards whether we are successful or not. Society says I'm a loser, a bum, a ne'er-do-well. I say I am beautiful, talented, and capable.

The important thing is that you know you are a seeker--and never to give that up. The stresses of life will try to bring us down. People on ATS will call us crazy and blame it on this and that and beg us to try their brand of rationality. It is our job to discover who we are--not to let anyone else tell us what we should be.

Edit: By the way, I did minor in psychology. I sincerely hope you do shake up some psychological theories! People trust in psychology so much as if it were the final word on the human mind!--when, in reality, so much of it is subjective and open to interpretation. I do love psychology as an academic discipline. But, I am not going to say that it has no room for improvement.

Thank you for those words.

I say I am beautiful, talented, and capable.

I need to remember that more often

The reason psychology interested me was from running into the works of Carl Jung at the perfect time. It really helped me work through my "schizophrenic" moments, and see it as something else entirely. I wish he would have became "mainstream" instead of Freud. They worked together but eventually split when Freud went "phallic" crazy

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is a great example of why I love reading about people's dreams.
I can't even quite put my finger on it, but to me it is so dynamic and stuffed full of symbolism that, if it has meaning to me, I can only imagine how much more it has for you.
I always feel privileged that someone would share something so intimately theirs and this is no exception. Not only that, but your skill in writing painted an excellent picture.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid
your skill in writing painted an excellent picture.

Thanks for the compliment. I do try to make my threads readable
. Although, I must confess I am a bit of a creative writer. However, I do not use my threads as creative writing exercises (I have been accused of this once or twice around ATS.) I have never exaggerated a point or embellished my stories beyond the truth. Very fortunately for me, the truth of my life has outscored fiction dozens of times.

In my threads, I am really just trying to capture in words something I've witnessed. It is not an easy thing to do.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Having suffered from occasional bouts of sleep paralysis and mild sleep apnea, narcolepsy sounds like my worst nightmare come true.

I don't think you've ever said anything to me, but you are forgiven in the future

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
narcolepsy sounds like my worst nightmare come true.

Haha yeah. It's NOT fun. Sometimes it just feels like I'm living entirely in a drowsy fog. It's kind of like an addiction to sleep. All my thoughts center around "When I am going to get my next sleep fix. I'll do anything for a nap right now." And then there is only mild relief after a nap or a sleep. You just wake up again groggy and desperately tired--and the feeling never goes away.

The drowsiness is a symptom of apneas as well. So, I'm sure you know about that part--no matter how much rest I get, I will never feel fully energized.

The neurologist looking over my polysomnography even said, "Hey, your sleep quality is excellent. People would love to get quality rest like this, but the narcolepsy won't let you feel the effects of this quality sleep."

It is a difficult sleep disorder to live with especially since the treatments and medications are not very effective. I just thank God everyday that I don't experience the symptom of cataplexy. It's where one's body spontaneously paralyzes head to toe even while awake! Imagine having 'waking paralysis' instead of 'sleep paralysis!'

The numerous vivid and lucid dreams (as well as what seems to be full-brown astral dreams) are simply a fringe benefit to an otherwise very depressing and disabling neurological sleep disorder. The dreams are not always candy and rainbows though. The fear centers of the brain are highly stimulated during sleep paralysis often making them terrifying episodes. Narcolepsy, sometimes, is literally like being trapped in a nightmare.

It's no surprise many great authors and poets have probably suffered from narcolepsy (likely, unknowingly) and other sleep disorders as well.
edit on 16-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing, it's an amazing story and the excitement
in your telling is very telling.
I love these kinds of threads, every little bit helps.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I love these kinds of threads, every little bit helps.

"...every little bit helps." I am currently trying to write a creative non-fiction memoir of sorts about the first 20 years of my life with that theme. Trying to compile "all the bits" is quite a challenge. I view it all like a giant jigsaw puzzle. It is my hope that after I share my pieces, others will share theirs.

After we all contribute, maybe we'll be able to see the big picture of it all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I can tell by this sentence of yours that your experience was authentic,

I could feel a warmth and comforting vibration permeate my body

Unless of course you copied and pasted that sentence but I have no reason to believe that. The vibration walking through your body was a spirit, sounds like a positive one. As for the lucid dream, it was clearly written/directed/edited by a spirit, likely the same spirit that walked through you, for what purpose, what was the message? usually only you can find that answer out, outsiders can only guess, and guess with less of a gut instinct
than you.

I have had multiple experiences with these 'vibrations' 'permeating my body', and oftentimes they are followed by bizarre dreams highly unusual and out of place, they are to me always in bright color, and look like professional or sometimes amateurish movies which appear to have clearly been written/directed/acted, if you pay attention for the next one you may see hints that it is not your imagination, but an outer source, this is my opinion anyway. I don't know how a spirit can create a dream, I have zero understanding of how it works, I just believe that it does. I believe good spirits can create good dreams, wise spirits can create dreams with understanding, evil spirits can create or attempt to create terrors & the infamous succubus spirits can create the inappropriate adult themed dreams. I would go on in detail but you get the gist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join