It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have mocked those who posted in this forum. Now, it's my turn. Have at me!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Those who know me on ATS know that I’m narcoleptic; and those who don’t know me can guess it immediately. In short, narcolepsy has plagued me since I was a pre-teen. It is a notorious sleeping disorder accompanied by extraordinarily vivid dreams and bouts of sleep paralysis. I have had many, many fascinating sleep paralysis experiences and a handful of astral projections or OOBEs. (To learn a little more, please see my thread posted in the Gray Area as a lengthy introduction to who I am and what I deal with.)

I have usually been reluctant to share them. I have always insisted that dreams are totally meaningless (in a sense of spiritual growth), yet always very entertaining. In fact, the few times I have visited this dreams forum, I have been less than a gentleman. I have occasionally been snide and snappy. Well, that kind of attitude may fly for some members of ATS (who seem to rake in stars for being so callous.) However, I would like to use this firstly as an opportunity to apologize for any of your dreams I may have criticized, mocked, and ultimately belittled. I am sorry. Secondly, I will share with you a lucid dream/ astral/ OOBE whatever-it’s-called that I just had hours ago.

As always, there is some obligatory backstory to be told. Just yesterday when I slept, I found myself in the sleep paralysis state. I was weeping my astral eyes out crying, “I miss you grandpa! I miss you grandpa!” He was like my father and he died in March—an enormous loss to me among many others this year. I could feel a warmth and comforting vibration permeate my body as I wept. I never cried when we lost him; I didn’t even attend his funeral. I never shed a tear, but I just kind of accepted it and tried to push it out of my mind. This sleep paralysis episode has happened at least 3-4 times since he died. And yes, I totally feel his presence when it happens this way—he has even spoken a few times.

So, as I wept for my grandfather telling him that I miss him—I felt that he and some others were attempting to remove me from my body (I won’t get into the finer points of astral OOBE stuff; you must look that up yourself at this point if you are unaware.) I resisted. I heard my name whispered in my very bad, nearly deaf ear and still I resisted. I shouted in my astral voice, “No! Only God will take me and call my name!” I felt somewhat vulnerable now. I tried shooing away any entities in the room, but still my astral body continued to float up and out. I panicked. I started reciting my mantra for these situations and asked to be left alone. Within seconds, indeed, the whole episode ended. I felt that no one has the right to take me out of my body for OOBE.

My arrogance! My ignorance! My mistake! I should have known that every time I have ever resisted that I would find myself out-of-body without even experiencing the floating aspect. I would just “wake up” in an astral experience that totally bypassed any vote I thought I had. Except it didn’t happen quite like this. It happened more like this:

I wanted to take a nap before I had some stuff to do later today. I lied down to nap at about 8AM (I am typically a night owl exclusively, but I had woken up only hours earlier at 2AM.) I finally could sense my thoughts starting to turn to gibberish—ah! I had reached the alpha sleep state and knew restful napping would not be far off.

I was in and out of sleep paralysis for the duration of my nap. When I was awoken, paralyzed, I struggled to fight it and turn over to my side (I always sleep on my side to avoid this paralysis stuff when I REALLY just need some sleep) Somehow, my body turns itself over so that I am lying straight on my back (guaranteed sleep paralysis for me most of the time.) I tried again shooing away any entities that might be nearby—I could feel presences.

I struggled in this state on and off. I would lapse from nap to sleep paralysis back and forth a couple of times. I tried to wake myself up completely so I could just get out of bed and go do my chores for the day. I am accustomed to being able to do this, but could not today. I lapsed back into a foreboding dream wherein my cousin (more like a brother) was panicked and trying to warn me of some danger or other that had him scared off his rocker; it sounded like he got this warning of danger by some paranormal/metaphysical source. He is not interested in the paranormal/metaphysical at all. Yet, he insisted that we were in danger. And that’s when I noticed we were in some type of cabin placed high up on wooden stilts (a type of house I have never actually seen or been inside of.) The stilts began crumbling and the house began to careen to one side. My cousin shrieked and I threw my arms around him to protect him.

Lapse back into sleep paralysis mode and I still wanted to wake up! I fought, I kicked, I tried all the usual techniques. I began to lose my cool. I could feel my astral limbs swinging and swaying in protest as I desperately tried to slap my face, pinch my cheek, and leap out of bed. No such luck.

I began to panic and finally recited my mantra—this time I took it a step further and begged, “Jesus/Krishna! Please let me wake up! Please let me wake up! Let me out of here!” At that instant I could feel my astral form rise instantly up through my body and into some sort of vertical tunnel. I could just barely see some illumined forms at my side. I was springing ever upward. I could see in this tunnel numerous photograph-like images held before a background of total black. I saw real images of what looked like real people. I did not recognize any of them as they whisked by in a nauseatingly fast slideshow. There were men and women, young and old; and they looked like they came from various time periods. I know one of the latter photographs, I could see a young version of my mother holding my big brother’s hand with my dad a few steps off to the side. (That image was chronologically a few years before I would have been born. To my knowledge, there is no such actual photograph.)

Then I began to see additional lifelike images as I floated up through this darkened tunnel. I got the impression that I was seeing important spiritual personages—at the very least, I felt like I was looking at people truly filled with the spirit of the Lord. I’m not sure why. I just thought to myself, “Well, where’s Gandhi?” And then an image of him floated past as well. Who the others were I could not tell, but I got a sense of purity and auspiciousness as I looked at them.

I continued my upward journey now seeing images that seemed muddled in their presentation. I could see places and things on this Earth. I saw villages, structures etc. Keep in mind they fly by so fast that I can only internalize them at breakneck speed before the next image flies by. I saw Giza pyramids and Orion’s Belt star alignments over them. This one stuck out to me the most, probably because I am already familiar with these themes.

[Continued]

edit on 14-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I then started seeing images that were not lifelike, but more like computer generated images you’d find in a textbook. I saw what looked like topographical maps of landscapes rendered in red, yellow, and green. I saw similar charts with entire planets on them. I struggled to recognize landmasses, but could not. These did not look like Earth. But, I admit, I could not really tell what I was looking at. I was trying to figure out why they looked like pages on a textbook instead of seeing the lifelike photographs. The last in the queue was, oddly enough, a white sphere made of jigsaw pieces…yes, like the Wikipedia logo. You got me! But it was there in the slideshow.

I then came back to the Giza pyramids (something that has always fascinated me, I must admit.) I also looked upon the Sphinx, as I seemingly floated in the air above it. Except, it was different! It had the head of an alien—big round head with big round eyes. I gasped, fearful. I then swiveled around to its backside where I gasped again. On its back was a twisted amalgamation of many animals seemingly fused together (made of limestone just as the rest of the Sphinx.) It looked like a geneticist’s abomination.

The sand and desert were very real and tangible. But for some reason, they quickly became replaced with another computer-generated rendering. I was looking at a silly looking 3D cartoonish scene; not a living desert anymore. Still in the desert sand I could see bricks of a pyramid stack on top of each other by someone wearing a priest’s or pharaoh’s garb; as if he were putting on the capstone or something—I couldn’t tell what was going on. I was still confused as to why there were cheap animations in this otherwise incredible experience.

Then in the orange sand I saw a lizard-dragon creature of immense size (still 3D animation style images; not lifelike. I think the lifelike version would have been frightening beyond my conception!) It was curled up and sleeping. It woke as I neared it, still floating in the air. It looked as if it could have gobbled me up in a single bite with its sharp, gnashing teeth. It had a cunning smile on its face and spoke in a feminine voice, “You ARE the sand and YOU are in Egypt, but for now go back to bed.” It winked and smiled. I said, “Wait! I have questions!”

I then found myself in bed, awake, and able to move freely. I slowly got out of bed and just sat in a stupor, mesmerized. I went to pee and then sat down to type this while it was still dynamic in my active memory. I keep thinking about the images and what it could all mean. In what way am I, or WE, the sand? What’s in Egypt?

I have usually scoffed at others’ dreams on this forum. I will no longer do so. Many apologies.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sounds like one of those amazing experiences, I personally believe Astral projections are more than just entertaining dreams and it sounds like you are changing your mind? I also think it is pointless asking for peoples suggestions on the symbolism etc as the experience is something that has to be perceived and understood by the individual. If I tell you the dragon means you are being watched or something then chances are that will filter through into later experiences.

What I have found from my projections is that things seem to work like riddles, it is almost like you are given hints to something important through objects, beings etc but in an obscure way. I do think these are understood in the projection but they are lost as we wake. Do you do meditation to project sometimes as that might help you, I find projections from meditation are far less likely to turn into lucid dreams.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
God blessed Abramham and told him that he would make his seed (offspring) like the sands of the seashore.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How totally fascinating! I am soooooo glad you have come over to the "other side" in your thinking.

I told you, I am a Taurus.... we don't give up.

Welcome to the world of "meaningful dreams"!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
God blessed Abramham and told him that he would make his seed (offspring) like the sands of the seashore.
This is the first thing that popped into my head too. Maybe you have some genetic ties to Egypt, and further back, Abraham?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had quite a journey. Have you had feelings or yearnings about Egypt in the past? I have had a fascination with Egypt and Atlantis, I have dreams where I was in both places. I have a belief that I did live past lives in both places. I wrote a thread not long ago about the pyramids and I alluded to this;

They harness energy and we have this knowledge but it is hidden from us. The age of the pyramids are far older than we think or have been taught. One thing is certain they were not built by any civilization alive today.

One day I will share a dream I had about Atlantis.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

I also think it is pointless asking for peoples suggestions on the symbolism etc as the experience is something that has to be perceived and understood by the individual.

Thanks SOOO much for saying that. That is the one thing I forgot to add to my post. I agree wholeheartedly with that statement, which is why I've been reluctant to share dreams, lucid dreams, and astral whatevers. I also took that attitude and redirected it onto others--trying to convince them how pointless it is to share. I admit, that was wrong of me; certainly not my place to decide.

And that's the only thing I've changed my mind about. It's okay to share--just as long as we're careful about drawing conclusions and inferences. I merely did an 'observe-and-report' post here. I could have definitely shared my insights and theories into meanings and symbolism. But, it was my experience, and it isn't my place to interpret it for someone else.

That's my major problem with the dreams forum. But, oh well...it's all good fun after all. And that's the only conclusion I've come to today.

I will no longer be ridiculing anyone for sharing their dreams or seeking importance in them. I would still continue to urge people to interpret the experience themselves rather than asking others to make sense of the images and symbolism. (I mean, we all come from different cultural backgrounds that assign different meanings to symbols--furthermore, even the individual learns symbols and meanings in a different context than everybody else.)

I do meditate somewhat sporadically these days. I used to for about 2 hours a day for a couple of years--I made great strides, but I think I was going too much, too fast because I'm kind of out of steam when it comes to meditating like I used to. Plus...life, family, and other junk get in the way sometimes, you know?

I'm not sure if I covered this in my OP, or perhaps in another thread of mine. BUT, this was not my first OOBE/ astral episode. It's at least my 5th or 6th--on top of dozens of lucid dreams.

I have learned how to initiate it from the vibration state at will and have about a 1/4 success rate of separating from the physical body. And sometimes, like described above, I am 'pulled out' against my will. I have opted not to attempt to travel like I used to. I was busy with college and work and just didn't have the luxury to be off exploring my inner self.

I may have to change that soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

First and foremost, forgive me for our misunderstanding in your recent thread. I'm really not such a bad guy
I am skeptical of all the doom and gloom dreams I see in this forum. I understand that wasn't your conclusion based on your dream. I shouldn't have been so uppity. I apologize.

Now to your question. I have wanted to go to Egypt since I was in the 3rd grade. I knew then and there I wanted to be an archaeologist/Egyptologist. Oddly enough, even back then I KNEW that pyramids were very important. I knew they were more than just burial chambers. Looking back it sounds absurd, but I've just always internalized the idea that the pyramids were holding a secret. I made it only as far as majoring in anthropology. I had plans to specialize onward with archaeology (but fate seemed to have other plans when I approached that fork in the road.)

I was reading about Howard Carter and the Valley of the Kings excavations while other kids were...were probably trying to avoid reading haha!

I have little pyramids, obelisks, and sarcophagi scattered on my desk in a little Egyptian motif. I have two great archaeological, cultural, and spiritual interests--Ancient Egyptian mysticism and Ancient Indian mysticism.

In case you or others are wondering. The desert and Egyptian motif of this astral dream was very unusual for me. I think I have only dreamed of deserts and pyramids on only one other occasion that I can recall. So, it's not like my mind is completely submerged in this motif. I am more interested in Indian mysticism and meditation-yoga these days.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
How totally fascinating! I am soooooo glad you have come over to the "other side" in your thinking.

I told you, I am a Taurus.... we don't give up.

Welcome to the world of "meaningful dreams"!

pffft. You wish!
I still stand by everything I have written in Ascension's thread and elsewhere on the subject. The only change I've made is in my attitude towards this forum. I will no longer look down at the end of my nose when reading about someone else's very personal experience in dream states etc.

And of course, I'm open to your interpretation since you have the most uncanny ability to see things in other peoples' dreams that the dreamer often overlooks.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

This is the first thing that popped into my head too. Maybe you have some genetic ties to Egypt, and further back, Abraham?

Interesting. I'm afraid that verse is somewhat lost on me as I only know the basics of Biblical scripture. I understood the phrase to mean something akin to this, in my own words: "Much of your history (as a species) is preserved and hidden. Only by uncovering, excavating, your distant past can you know your present selves. And the key to what you are is here, Egypt--but don't worry about that now--soon, but not now."

And this is exactly the kind of conclusion and interpretation I wanted to avoid sharing here--it is the kind of conclusion I might ridicule someone else for making. But, I now understand that a lot of these conclusions are very touch-and-go with the emotions and images associated with the dream. I guess sometimes one just has to rely on good old fashioned intuition. What can ya do?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I found myself in the sleep paralysis state. I was weeping my astral eyes out crying, “I miss you grandpa! I miss you grandpa!” He was like my father and he died in March—an enormous loss to me among many others this year. I could feel a warmth and comforting vibration permeate my body as I wept. I never cried when we lost him; I didn’t even attend his funeral. I never shed a tear, but I just kind of accepted it and tried to push it out of my mind. This sleep paralysis episode has happened at least 3-4 times since he died. And yes, I totally feel his presence when it happens this way—he has even spoken a few times.

One of the best lucid dreams I have ever had involved my grandfather and grandmother. Much like you describe I never shed a tear when my grandmother died and as you say accepted it. We had some issues going on in the family so when she passed I was really upset I had never had a chance to speak with her again,

During a lucid dream where everything was a bright white light I starting walking towards a young man in his 30's. I instantly new this was my grandfather by his "feeling" not the way he looked, "Someone wants to see you he said" I turn around and there is this beautiful looking younger woman,, I instantly knew this was my Nana

Just talking about this experience makes me feel so comforted inside. She explained to me where they were they create everything with "thoughts". I started playing around with the idea that I could do things with thought too, I tried to move something on the table with "thought" and it worked, Then she told me not to be scared or worry, that "I created two of something". That is all I remember and still not sure what she was trying to tell me.

The next day my Aunt (who I hadn't spoken with in years) calls me and asks if I would like to visit Nana's grave with her. I had not went and visited her grave since carrying her casket at the funeral. When I got to her grave stone I couldn't believe what I saw. They had a picture of my grandmother and grandfather carved into the headstone. The picture was from when they were a young couple, the same young couple I had seen in my lucid dream the night before

I was in and out of sleep paralysis for the duration of my nap. When I was awoken, paralyzed, I struggled to fight it and turn over to my side (I always sleep on my side to avoid this paralysis stuff when I REALLY just need some sleep) Somehow, my body turns itself over so that I am lying straight on my back (guaranteed sleep paralysis for me most of the time.)

I find it funny you mention paralysis. I created a thread recently (in my signature) about remembering dreams and lucid dreams etc, In that thread I mention the same thing, how I always avoided sleeping on my back because of paralysis, What I have found is sleep paralysis is a guaranteed entry into the lucid realm. The hard part is letting go. It feels like "death" and very strong fear of not resisting, I have found staying in a loving vibration and letting go allows you to instantly become lucid. For me I am always in the same position as I was when I fell asleep. You just "wake up" at once into full lucidity

It is not easy to do.. I still avoid sleeping on my back when I do not want to play around that kind of lucid dreaming. I prefer just the awareness that I am in the dream instead of full control. I find those dreams to be much more important for self growth.

Sorry for being so long winded here, You post really touched me because of the grandfather element. Also the fact you seemed very humble and quite eloquently apologized to those you had mocked previously. Two years ago I would be mocking myself for some of the things I say now

Certain things happen that have a big impact on how you view "reality".

Best wishes on any future dreams OP

Namaste

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I saw Giza pyramids and Orion’s Belt star alignments over them.

Forgot to mention.. The fact that you mention the Giza pyramids and Orion's Belt does not surprise me. Synchronicity can be fun

I have been hanging around the dreams forum since I joined, I finally became a member to share a recent dream I had. For me this forum isn't about predicting the future it is about self reflection or personal growth.

There are a few dreams floating around recently that deal with an Egyptian element, also my personal "encounters" too deal with Egyptian "symbolism"

Goodnight Moon is one and my thread about a dream (Who or What are the Nines) ended up turning me to the Egyptians
edit on 14-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I also think it is pointless asking for peoples suggestions on the symbolism etc as the experience is something that has to be perceived and understood by the individual.
reply to post by OwenGP185

I agree,

I would also like to add at times it is helpful to get another perspective. From my experience you can easily become to subjective with your experiences. It is healthy to get other "suggestions" to offer some objectivity into the situation and also to challenge your views, or what you consider "truth".

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by new_here

Interesting. I'm afraid that verse is somewhat lost on me as I only know the basics of Biblical scripture. I understood the phrase to mean something akin to this, in my own words: "Much of your history (as a species) is preserved and hidden. Only by uncovering, excavating, your distant past can you know your present selves. And the key to what you are is here, Egypt--but don't worry about that now--soon, but not now."

And this is exactly the kind of conclusion and interpretation I wanted to avoid sharing here--it is the kind of conclusion I might ridicule someone else for making. But, I now understand that a lot of these conclusions are very touch-and-go with the emotions and images associated with the dream. I guess sometimes one just has to rely on good old fashioned intuition. What can ya do?

Well I am a firm believer that only you will recognize the true meaning of your dream when it reveals itself to you, so I say--- go with your gut instinct every time! as for ridiculing others, you've apologized sincerely so... no worries, friend!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

In the last days Jesus said they would be as in the days of Noah. Chimera, the odd things on the back of the sphinx which is being played with in labs all over the world; mixing human stem cells with animal etc. The bible said Abraham would have children numbered like the sand and I believe this wasn't just jews but Christians all over the world. And last Satan is called the dragon. If we are in the final days, the dragon is to be cast down to earth and he is angry because he knows he has but a few days. Glad you are recording your dreams. A dream like that would just simply give me a heart attack and that would be it. Stay safe. Some dreams are just dreams but I do believe you can be transported to another dimension and what you call a dream when you wake was really real.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Mock.
Mock.
mmm Mock
mmm mock mock.
mock
mock...mock ..mock... mock.
Ooh that feels good.
mock MOCK MOCK!!

MOCK!!!!
mock...mock...mock...mock...mock.
Sorry can't stop.
mock mock mock mock.
MOCK!!!!!!!!

mock.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

By the way, I was awoken within the very hour that my grandfather is reported to have passed without the aid of life support. I woke up around 6AM instantly and said, "Oh, he's gone now." I knew. My older brother on the other hand has never delved into the paranormal/metaphysical in his life. A couple of weeks ago we were talking about our grandfather (a man who raised and supported us a good chunk of our lives) and my brother told me about a similar thing that happened to him just as he passed. He said that he woke up instantly and just knew that my grandfather was making last call.

My brother also recently told me about a lucid dream (he didn't know what it was; he said it wasn't like any other dream he's ever experienced) taking place in a white light area where he spoke with my grandfather. Very interesting. I have yet to visit this white light area.

I am glad we have come to very similar conclusions about the nature of sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, and astral events. I have been stating for years that there is a definite correlation between the yogic posture of straightened, lengthened spine (lying straight on the back) and the astral projection experience.

It is very tough to convince anybody of this--it is just something they may have to learn and experience themselves before understanding the relationship and importance of sleep paralysis and the vibrational state. There are those still calling it "night terrors" which actually describes a different phenomenon more commonly observed in children.

There are those who insist that it is a sleep disorder and to pay it no regard. Pish-tosh!

You have no idea how thrilled I am to have someone in the know affirm my thesis on the straight back: sleep paralysis relationship; which of course, ultimately leads to lucid dreams and/or astral projections. Unless I am not gravely mistaken, my impromptu surveys have revealed that most people sleep straight on their back most of the night. This, additionally, leads me to believe that a lot of us are astral dreaming and lucid dreaming A LOT more than we give it credit for!

However, I have forgone my experiments with the vibrational state and OOBE because of work and college. I usually wake up feeling refreshed and better than ever--but, sometimes there's just no telling WHEN I'm going to wake up. I have avoided the whole thing for the most part by sleeping on my side. I just couldn't be gallivanting the realms where thought merges with the fabric of reality when I had mid-terms to be done haha.

It's odd how much I focused on these sleep states from the age of about 13 until present (a period of 10 years..oops, did I just reveal my age too?) Confirmation didn't come until recently when I discovered books from Robert Monroe and Albert Taylor just a few short years ago.

We have an amazing heritage! 'nuff said. I am still trying to convince people that sleep paralysis & astral projection are totally normal functions; instead of the 'malfunctions' we now discredit them as.
edit on 15-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyoutlaw

Yes, I was quite confused about the lizard/ dragon looking thing myself. Trust me, I had considered the analogy to Satan--it was a bit disturbing. Why couldn't I hear the message from something friendlier?

However, dragons and lizards do crop up in various mythological themes around the world--each with unique interpretations.

Some view the serpent as Satan. I view the serpent as the kundalini coil. So, I'm still not sure what to make of it. I do know that some South American shamans have reported large dragons in their out of body trances. I am not quite clear on their view or interpretation; I have just read accounts of them witnessing flying dragons (and many, many other strange and bizarre creatures. The shamans have indicated that they're all quite harmless. I wonder.)

And let's not forget tales of dragons in the west as well as in the east. If I am not mistaken, the Chinese creation myth states that God road in on a dragon to this Earth.

I personally don't find dragons all that interesting. It is difficult to say for sure why anything happens in a dream, right? There is no logic. It is all emotion-based.

Edit: By the way, thanks for clarifying that verse about Abraham and the chimera-hybrid. It is another layer of depth you have added for me.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I was hoping at least one person would be immature enough to post something like this
Oh well, I guess I asked for it, didn't I? Now, off you go!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join