It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states - Yahoo! News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

ah, please don't misunderstand my position, i was referring to a peaceful petition to the government and not an armed conflict. i was defending these peoples right to petition the government, which is part of the first amendment.

i do not support the idea of states leaving the union as i think it's the wrong direction to go. i think states should be working together to fix the real gorilla in the room, the federal government, but i do support their right to question.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri
Reply to post by CAMale

And yet major polls (Gallup, Rasmussen, etc) are based on an even smaller percentage and taken as very strong evidence of the will of the people.

Hmmmmm

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Uh oh, it's going to be the whole unskewed poll thing again.

A internet petition is not anywhere close to being the same thing as a random sample poll using proven statistical methods and models.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not a true american or patriot, its ok american idol and dancing with the stars will be on tonight, and i heard that snooki had a baby... an and dont worry that man over their wearing the tsa uniform wants to check your prostate to make sure that you arent carrying a illegal substance.... now show your papers like a good little sheep and get on the train to aucshwitz.... your 4th amendment means nothing anymore.....

its your duty and obligation as a US CITIZEN to speak up in opposition to the government any time the government over steps its boundaries... thats why we have a 1st amendment, and if said government gets out of hand it is also our responsibility as citizens to refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots.... thats why we have the second amendment... its to give teeth to the first amendment, and when the people willingly fear, and bend to the whim of the government in fear of going to jail or worse then you live in tyranny not freedom... you sir are a example of said sheep and are a sorry excuse of an american.

However I respect your view point entirely, thats still one thing you are still entitled to that hasnt been taken away yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Think long and hard before you sign anything people!
Since when does the MSM work for The People?........

I must confess, similar thougts have crossed my mind. So very indicative of so many sad realities.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I would feel all warm and fuzzy if we would just take away thier rights and show them the mexican side of the border.

Yes, this is the only right thing to do.
bye bye traitors, you did this to yourselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAMale

For Texas that is waaay less than 1% of the population!!!

Hell the website petition.org regularly hits 300,000 up to 1,000,000 million signatures over animal abuse or corporate abuse.... So telling me that 70,000 people, mostly angry Donald Trump style crazy people, represents any meaningful public sentiment is laughable if not simply nutty and outrageous!!!

These signatures literally represent NOTHING more than a few crazies obsessed with promoting "Obama-hate".!!!

Hey, there we go with the positive, intrlligent, constructive dialog, again!

Uh, I mean the thoughtless, desperate, frightened, angry and dialog-stifling name calling.

"Dude," relax a little bit. You sound angry!

Again, THE WHITE HOUSE PUT THE THRESHOLD OF VIABILITY FOR THESE PETITIONS AT 25,000! I didn't, I promise. The administration has committed itself to responding.

And, you may notice that not ONE of the petitions called anybody CRAZY, HATE-FILLED, NUTTY.

There is so little capacity for thoughtful, intelligent discourse in this society. So very sad.
edit on 15-11-2012 by incoserv because: formatting

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
A very entertaining take on the subject;

Yes, very interesting. I will have to borrow the term, "Tories"! The patriots are taking this country back. The one thing worse than the enemy, is the infiltrating spy. The patriots are going after the usurpers of our nation and the "Tories" are throwing body blocks! I'm sure we've all heard the term, "if you ain't with us, then you are against us". My guess is that the Tories will have to be removed first to get to the upper echelons.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by Asktheanimals

ah, please don't misunderstand my position, i was referring to a peaceful petition to the government and not an armed conflict. i was defending these peoples right to petition the government, which is part of the first amendment.

i do not support the idea of states leaving the union as i think it's the wrong direction to go. i think states should be working together to fix the real gorilla in the room, the federal government, but i do support their right to question.

Kudos. Well said.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
People I hope you realize that even if these people are successful in getting Obama out that it's going to be no different from the next fool who takes over. It may even make the US even more worse. You have no one to take his place and now your stuck with it. So, get over it and move on, for those who signed the petition. What's done is done.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kali, we'll agree to disagree and you will never, for any reason, at any time receive a reply from me on anything again. I've lost all respect I still had for you by that reply and it's lack of basic intellectual honesty. I could post previous messages going back 13 months to refute that, line by line but this is the better way.

That, right there, would be one articulated example of the kind of thing I came to see in others within the occupy movement and simply could not tolerate. Thievery, perversion by way of rapes and outright refusal to take personal responsibility at any level for any thing. Those would be other articulated reasons. To borrow another popular phrase of the time, I didn't leave Occupy, Occupy left me. (And a whole lot of other decent folks that brought supplies every day by the cars full, too...every day)

I told you and I told Occupy people in St Louis and elsewhere last October and November that getting the PUBLIC support was more important than the public's RAGE. Well...That choice was made, made poorly and it ran off all but the fringe which really represented the liability to begin with and never the best of the movement, IMO.

I wish you well on a personal level for the path you've chosen in radicalism.......even if it is what I've chosen to oppose.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
People I hope you realize that even if these people are successful in getting Obama out that it's going to be no different from the next fool who takes over. It may even make the US even more worse. You have no one to take his place and now your stuck with it. So, get over it and move on, for those who signed the petition. What's done is done.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

i can't speak for anyone but myself, but i have no reason to wish obama out. mainly because i don't see this as a presidential problem, i see it as a congressional and senate problem, i see it as a corruption problem within our legislators. i also see it as a cabinet problem and hope obama will clean some house when he gets a minute or two.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by perpetrator76

Not a true american or patriot, its ok american idol and dancing with the stars will be on tonight, and i heard that snooki had a baby... an and dont worry that man over their wearing the tsa uniform wants to check your prostate to make sure that you arent carrying a illegal substance.... now show your papers like a good little sheep and get on the train to aucshwitz.... your 4th amendment means nothing anymore.....

If you knew me better, some of that would bother me to hear a person say.....but your mini-rant on my opinion of sedition and armed insurrection (Your mention of firearms by the second amendment and 'watering the tree' absolutely clarified the topic, thanks) includes enough contrary to everything I am consistent to in my values and opinions that it's obvious you don't know me well at all. Not much to get offended on then....and I respect your opinion as well. However vehemently I may disagree with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why is this nonsense on msm? i signed petitions for texas and louisiana. Do i live there?no. Does it matter if a non resident signs it?no.

I also made a petition that everyone should have to walk backwards.

Is msm trying to start a civil war?

By the way, im going to be starting a project of raising awareness. Going to be posting leaflets and giving out pocket constitutions. Im sick of the current state of the world and want to change it (non violently)

First leaflet is going to be about how all laws are enforced by guns. Not a pro gun message, just an anti violence one. We are being forced at gunpoint to wear seatbelts when you get down to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't understand what some people find so abhorrent about Wrabbit's position on this. Caution are pragmatism are cardinal sins apparently. Machiavelli wrote “A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves. Those that wish to be only lions do not understand this."

I don't however believe that the USA can be changed from the inside. It's about a century too late for that. I think most Americans are too well programmed for any effective change to occur. I think that before too long objective reality will come rushing to their doorstep and they may be inclined to change their thinking a bit. I am worried they will not, though.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
People have wondered for years and speculated how we could ever go from a peaceful and quiet way of life like we enjoy right now to a police state or oppressed society. Well... There you have it, we now know HOW that is likely to happen.

I hope the people drop kicking Uncle Sam in the family jewels with this are willing to fight with all they have to back it....because if Uncle takes it the least bit seriously, it'll take all that and more just to stay breathing for those being chased.

Remember Tienanmen Square. If anyone doubts for ONE SECOND Obama wouldn't clear the National Mall with equal efficiency, I weep for the victims that will pile up at the end of the day. This is suicidal in my opinion. Writing Washington directly to say you are 100% in support of the crime of Sedition is tantamount to calling the Police Department to say you're a drug dealer who just got robbed. You'll get a response alright....and then spend years wishing you never had.

Just my thoughts on this insanity.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

yup, everyone who signed one of those petitions are all now on the governments terrorist watch list.
None of those states will seccede but all those people will stay on the terrorist watch list.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

WHO really cares? I know I sure as hell don't care what watchlist someone puts me on. Perhaps certain people are scared little babies that are only big n bad when hidden.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Kali, we'll agree to disagree and you will never, for any reason, at any time receive a reply from me on anything again.

More taking your ball and going home?

I've lost all respect I still had for you by that reply and it's lack of basic intellectual honesty.

There was nothing dishonest about what I said, which proves there's some warped perception going on here.

I could post previous messages going back 13 months to refute that, line by line but this is the better way.

Refute what and going back 13 months on what? I'm talking only what you have brought up in this thread.

That, right there, would be one articulated example of the kind of thing I came to see in others within the occupy movement and simply could not tolerate. Thievery, perversion by way of rapes and outright refusal to take personal responsibility at any level for any thing.

What right there? Did I just steal anything from you or rape someone? What am I not taking responsibility for?

I wish you well on a personal level for the path you've chosen in radicalism

That statement is the only reason I've bothered to respond to such childish over reactions when it comes to anything that represents people taking a stand. You're spreading fear and painting people with the radical brush.

I am very far from a radical and you don't get to paint me as such just because I disagree with you.

My only reason for responding to you at all was to call attention to the fact that you have a tendency to over react out of fear of authority. You over reacted to Occupy and you're over reacting now. If States were actually filing to secede you might be justified, but this is no where close to that.

I don't care if you respond or not, I've cleared up what I've needed to and I'm asking you publicly to never label me as a radical again.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The USA breaking up would be the best thing that ever happened to the world. However, somebody needs to confiscate your nuclear weapons. We can't have insane fundamentalist states with WMDs (looking at your south).

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I always scoff at the idea of a prediction set to a date or year being correct. I find the idea of such notions to be foolish to believe. I do have to say though that I think a global conscious changing the future is possible. Here is what I mean by this.

For years we had the John Titor thing that said by 2008 the U.S. would be in civil war.
en.wikipedia.org...

Of course there was also D4rk Knight who came on ATS and made some predictions of his own before being banned, but I am not going ot bring those up just yet.

Then we had the Russian professor predicting that in 2008 the U.S. would start to crumble.
www.foxnews.com...

Then to top that all off you have the Maya calendar that many think points to doom of some sort.
en.wikipedia.org...

Now having brought those up I again say that I do not believe any of the predictions to be true. I do think the global and more so the mind set of those in the U.S. are bringing this self proclaimed doom themselves. I think things work on a conscious scale when it comes to this. If enough people believe in it, it will happen sort of thing; I guess in a way you could say we have the power as a whole to create events.

As for the original question in the OP. I think they will continue to ignore it hoping it goes away. There might even be a few secrete arrests to try and quiet the whole thing down. After that if things continue you will start to see changes in law, mass arrests, and possibly even a strengthening in enforcement of law maybe even leading to martial law.

If within months things do not start to quiet down a bit they will come out swinging in the beginning months of next year. I would say by May things could be bad, if things do not quiet down enough for those in office now.

Raist

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
The USA breaking up would be the best thing that ever happened to the world. However, somebody needs to confiscate your nuclear weapons. We can't have insane fundamentalist states with WMDs (looking at your south).

I'm looking south too...

They will bomb Iraqistan and freedom will occur!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I also want to point out this thread.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

This might be the first steps to the arrests I mentioned in my other post.

Raist

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join