This maps shows just how NOT divided of a country we are! NO RED and NO BLUE...Mostly Purple!

page: 2
26
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 


I hate to make myself look stupid, but I don't think I understand what the purple represents. Is that supposed to be a third party? It's a cool image. I just don't understand it's significance because there is no legend on that map.
edit on 15-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 


OP, I logged in just to compliment you on this excellent piece of research, this essentially reflects the popular vote by county level. We are not divided by RED vs BLUE as much as the politicians would have you believe. It's a sham on us as the citizens. I cannot over-estimate how they have %$#^%# played us as a population. This is further proof why we need to abolish the Electoral College, and Institute a Party reform to include all parties in the debate process. We are a far more Merged populace than what people had expected, now is the time to throw off the yokes of ignorance that Red vs Blue is by region. It's Split evenly, they have hoodwinked us.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by abeverage
 


What I found to be "funny" is that Romney didn't lose by all that many votes, it was a pretty close race!! BUT......Romney lost by almost 100 electoral votes.....

Which only leads me back to my initial thinking, your vote means nothing!! It is the electoral vote you need and your states electoral's do NOT need to vote for who their state picked, or won in this case......

Nobody ever talks about electoral votes, only the actual votes, which mean nothing....APPARENTLY!!!


A little known fact about the electoral college is that they are not required to vote for the candidate their respective states picked. The election last week was not the "real" election... that takes place next month when the state electors sit down and officially cast their votes.

At that time they can vote for whoever they want, and this is by design in the Constitution. The college is supposed to act as a firewall just in case the people elected the wrong candidate, the college can correct the mistake.


Say WHAT?

This is the first I've heard of this. Er.. who's to say We The people choose the "wrong" person for the job? I rather thought that was The Point...



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
If the map is mostly purple, then that means we are mostly divided. Purple denotes a split of red and blue. If we weren't divided, the map would be mostly blue or mostly red.


Yes indeed.

The purple indicates that the division is so strong that in areas of high population the red and blue are right on top of each other. Who you want in office is not who your neighbor wants. The question becomes will the mix lead to an explosion?



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As a fiscal leftwing social rightwing'r, one thing we Americans, and all other citizens of their own countries, even, have in common, is, this ONE problem. The transnational bankers, (Illuminati, NWO, etc)
If we restore this Republic, we can then focus on those lesser concerns, like gay marriage, for example. But right now, everyone should be united under this one problem, which is getting the globalist conspiracy's claws out of our government.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
America will split into two or more nations sooner rather than later, due to civil war. Just a prediction.

The right and the left in this country, over the years have gone like this: L>R. Farther and farther apart.

I think we are past the point of "working together".

You have two populaces that are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of how they think their government should function.

It's only a matter of time I think.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 
Purple looks good on a 1969 Dodge Charger. Good post.......hats off to you.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by abeverage
 


What I found to be "funny" is that Romney didn't lose by all that many votes, it was a pretty close race!! BUT......Romney lost by almost 100 electoral votes.....

Which only leads me back to my initial thinking, your vote means nothing!! It is the electoral vote you need and your states electoral's do NOT need to vote for who their state picked, or won in this case......

Nobody ever talks about electoral votes, only the actual votes, which mean nothing....APPARENTLY!!!


A little known fact about the electoral college is that they are not required to vote for the candidate their respective states picked. The election last week was not the "real" election... that takes place next month when the state electors sit down and officially cast their votes.

At that time they can vote for whoever they want, and this is by design in the Constitution. The college is supposed to act as a firewall just in case the people elected the wrong candidate, the college can correct the mistake.


Say WHAT?

This is the first I've heard of this. Er.. who's to say We The people choose the "wrong" person for the job? I rather thought that was The Point...


The idea is that the electors are selected by the state legislatures, and are there as a representative of the states. The number of electors equals the number of congressional seats the state holds. The populace votes, and the electors see how the populace of their respective states votes and then can either agree or disagree if need be. That is their role. The last time this subject came up was in 2000 when Bush beat Gore by only a few electoral votes, and some electors wanting Gore were trying to convince a state or two to vote against their states wishes in order to get Gore elected. This subject is never talked about on election night, much like a juror is never informed on their juror nullification rights... these two subjects are not very well known and TPTB want to keep it that way, because it is meant as a check and balance against their power.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by abeverage
 
Purple looks good on a 1969 Dodge Charger. Good post.......hats off to you.



Thank you very much...purple Charger!



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
very interesting. The higher density areas are more for obama and the rural more for romney.

also is alaska included, i didnt see it



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
are you serious? this shows just how much we ARE divided. How can all these people not see that? Red and blue makes purple, which means that half are red and half are blue. WHICH MEANS PURPLE IS BAD AND SHOWS DIVISION. At this point i'm curious as to whether this is a troll post or not..



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah but that purple grid is based off 100 votes of... how many from each dot...1000?

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but this map is simply irrelevant to me.
edit on 16-11-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRFmaster
are you serious? this shows just how much we ARE divided. How can all these people not see that? Red and blue makes purple, which means that half are red and half are blue. WHICH MEANS PURPLE IS BAD AND SHOWS DIVISION. At this point i'm curious as to whether this is a troll post or not..


I thought I was the only one seeing it in this view!



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by primus2012
If the map is mostly purple, then that means we are mostly divided. Purple denotes a split of red and blue. If we weren't divided, the map would be mostly blue or mostly red.


Yes indeed.

The purple indicates that the division is so strong that in areas of high population the red and blue are right on top of each other. Who you want in office is not who your neighbor wants. The question becomes will the mix lead to an explosion?


Yes the red and blue are right on top of each other, your neighbor voted against you and you voted against your neighbor. So do you hate the guy next door? Is he the enemy?

The media would have you believe that the whole state where you live is with you as either red or blue. That the east coast is so much different then Texas or Oregon. You would be led to believe that right across the street is derision, to be looked at with suspicion. When the truth is you work with the same people and live next door to the same people who may not completely share your ideas but love this country.

I see a nation of different ideas but one completely purple nation of both Reds and Blues and much common ground! A nation that I made of people I may disagree with on minute ideals but still would gladly give a helping hand when they need help!

The old adage of divide and conquer will be true if we are only Red or Blue!

We would be led to believe that there is no harmony in the mix between the two so then there is no United We Stand and divided we will fall.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRFmaster
are you serious? this shows just how much we ARE divided. How can all these people not see that? Red and blue makes purple, which means that half are red and half are blue. WHICH MEANS PURPLE IS BAD AND SHOWS DIVISION. At this point i'm curious as to whether this is a troll post or not..


I am completely and 100% serious! You would start a civil war? A revolution? With who?
YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED! LOL!

Yep your neighbor the one that helped you fix your car voted against you, as did your boss and a co-worker or your waiter, or garbageman. This is to show you that the state you live in, the state you believe to be all Red or all Blue is not!

This is not a west coast divided against the east, the North vs. the South! This is not Oregon vs. Idaho it is to show you how idiotic division is when those same people would help you when you need it don't agree with you.

Purple is GOOD! Unless you believe everyone will always agree with you and never have a differing opinion what a oppressive boring totalitarian world that would be...
edit on 17-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by abeverage
 


Sure does put things into perspective, we're all here and we have to start working together.


A lot of people missed the point and only saw more division thank you for seeing the TRUTH!



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 


i understand how you seem to think we are portrayed as a divided nation, but this does not show we arent divided. just because my neighbor helped me out doesn't mean we see eye to eye. or that we live in harmony. everywhere is divided, my county in Washington (blue state) has just as many blues as it does red, and let me tell you. it is divided. hell, in honesty there has been talk before of Washington splitting into 2 states (east and west) because the Easts opinions and views are different then the wests (E: red W: blue) our nation is even worse divided then you think because im sure our state isnt the only one. this only means bad things, this does not show a positive. Anyone can be friends. but i know friendships can be ruined because of others opinions. and when it comes to my rights, i will fight any friend that tries to take them away.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRFmaster
reply to post by abeverage
 


i understand how you seem to think we are portrayed as a divided nation, but this does not show we arent divided. just because my neighbor helped me out doesn't mean we see eye to eye. or that we live in harmony. everywhere is divided, my county in Washington (blue state) has just as many blues as it does red, and let me tell you. it is divided. hell, in honesty there has been talk before of Washington splitting into 2 states (east and west) because the Easts opinions and views are different then the wests (E: red W: blue) our nation is even worse divided then you think because im sure our state isnt the only one. this only means bad things, this does not show a positive. Anyone can be friends. but i know friendships can be ruined because of others opinions. and when it comes to my rights, i will fight any friend that tries to take them away.


This is why we are not as divided as you might think. If you split the state up then what? The county and then the city, then the neighborhood and perhaps even households? Do you see the illogical reasoning there? This map shows that! We all have common needs and wants yet we are played like we have vastly different goals and ideals. That the borders of Washington and Idaho are real and ideological when in fact that is not the truth.

Humans by nature have different opinions, none agree 100% on everything and probably never will. The ridiculousness comes from trying to focus on what separates us, and the myth of a Red State, Blue State when most are a mix right down to local level.

What this says to me is that perhaps we a torn with small differences that are played upon by the 2 party system. That there is common ground as we live mostly harmoniously together dispute these differences!
Most of us in this country are more moderate with slight leanings and cast our vote accordingly (because of limited choice), instead of far left or far right.
edit on 17-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)





new topics




 
26
<< 1   >>

log in

join