It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This maps shows just how NOT divided of a country we are! NO RED and NO BLUE...Mostly Purple!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I got a real kick out of this map! Maybe you will find it interesting. A more detailed map of the Election results and they are to me...stunning!

Click here for a link the map big-a-fied! (it is huge so warning to you)

Created by visualization expert John Nelson it really shows just how skewed the Media is on both sides of the Political spectrum and how it tries to divide this country up! Here is Nelson's Blog if you are interested!

It is very clear that even within all Red and all Blue states there is a whole lot of opposite voting patterns and differing opinions!

Maybe we should stop worrying about what separates and divides us and instead focus on what we have in common with our neighbors? Perhaps putting aside our differences we could focus on what and why we are being divided and put an stop to it!

edit on 14-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Maybe we should stop worrying about what separates and divides us and instead focus on what we have in common with our neighbors? Perhaps putting aside our differences we could focus on what and why we are being divided and put an stop to it!

Thanks for posting the map, it really puts things in perspective.

As for your quoted statement, I couldn't agree more... TPTB want us divided so that it is easy to manipulate and control us. They want us to label and demonize one another, when in reality, without outside influences via the media or conflict mongers, we really don't have that much to divide us. Presidents come and go, the left hated Bush, the right hates Obama... but in the end, as long as we stand united as citizens, we will get through anything our corrupt government can throw at us.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I came across this earlier.

I have always thought that individual States were neither red nor blue, but purple. This just illustrates that fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wasn't that an ancient war tactic? Pit your enemies against each other so they will destroy themselves and do the work for you?

I'd like to rent a billboard off the highway and plaster this onto it.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

What I found to be "funny" is that Romney didn't lose by all that many votes, it was a pretty close race!! BUT......Romney lost by almost 100 electoral votes.....

Which only leads me back to my initial thinking, your vote means nothing!! It is the electoral vote you need and your states electoral's do NOT need to vote for who their state picked, or won in this case......

Nobody ever talks about electoral votes, only the actual votes, which mean nothing....APPARENTLY!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
Wasn't that an ancient war tactic? Pit your enemies against each other so they will destroy themselves and do the work for you?

I'd like to rent a billboard off the highway and plaster this onto it.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

Brilliant idea! (The Billboard not the divide and conquer...although...) That was why I posted it!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
I came across this earlier.

I have always thought that individual States were neither red nor blue, but purple. This just illustrates that fact.

That and Purple is my favorite color so a win all around!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok I looked but, sorry for asking, I didnt want to, but what does the purple signify?
Independant, Im guessing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Ok I looked but, sorry for asking, I didnt want to, but what does the purple signify?
Independant, Im guessing.

From Nelson's blog

Areas of mixed voting appear as a blended purple cloud, while areas more heterogeneously represented appear more red or more blue.

That and purple is a cool color!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sure does put things into perspective, we're all here and we have to start working together.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Sure does put things into perspective, we're all here and we have to start working together.

It really and truly does! Although taking another look Utah and Salt Lake are way skewed...LOL

And we do need to stop the B.S. fix this country and stay that way!
edit on 14-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wow that's a really cool map, but I didn't for vote either of those tools..

Interesting none the less, thanks OP.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is a really great OP, sucks I can give you only one star and flag for it!

As a nation we are purple, and I am so grateful you posted this. Gives a whole different perspective of things, and I only wish the main stream media would show this kind of map! Maybe it would make people pause for a moment and really think about each other as Americans, not just people divided up along conceptual and ideological lines.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Shows the power of local redistricting. Its local things like this that that the public doesn't know about anymore. Local agenda 21s creeping in. Causing a false devide.

And im waiting for the spark now I guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

What I found to be "funny" is that Romney didn't lose by all that many votes, it was a pretty close race!! BUT......Romney lost by almost 100 electoral votes.....

Which only leads me back to my initial thinking, your vote means nothing!! It is the electoral vote you need and your states electoral's do NOT need to vote for who their state picked, or won in this case......

Nobody ever talks about electoral votes, only the actual votes, which mean nothing....APPARENTLY!!!

bingo, and the only argument anyone has for these people not getting corrupted is that they will be voted out, "oh no big deal, vote me out im 25 mill richer heh" and they still got their man in ta boot.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

A little known fact about the electoral college is that they are not required to vote for the candidate their respective states picked. The election last week was not the "real" election... that takes place next month when the state electors sit down and officially cast their votes. At that time they can vote for whoever they want, and this is by design in the Constitution. The college is supposed to act as a firewall just in case the people elected the wrong candidate, the college can correct the mistake. Electors are supposed to be regular, everyday people, but over time the college and process of picking electors has become partisan, which has made the college irrelevant. Obama has not officially been re-elected as of yet, and next month the college could decide to elect Ron Paul, or Romney, or your next door neighbor for that matter, but we all know that will never happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

A little known fact about the electoral college is that they are not required to vote for the candidate their respective states picked. The election last week was not the "real" election... that takes place next month when the state electors sit down and officially cast their votes. At that time they can vote for whoever they want, and this is by design in the Constitution. The college is supposed to act as a firewall just in case the people elected the wrong candidate, the college can correct the mistake. Electors are supposed to be regular, everyday people, but over time the college and process of picking electors has become partisan, which has made the college irrelevant. Obama has not officially been re-elected as of yet, and next month the college could decide to elect Ron Paul, or Romney, or your next door neighbor for that matter, but we all know that will never happen.

Such and excellent point and why there should be a voting reform! Adjusting or doing away with the EC!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
This is a really great OP, sucks I can give you only one star and flag for it!

As a nation we are purple, and I am so grateful you posted this. Gives a whole different perspective of things, and I only wish the main stream media would show this kind of map! Maybe it would make people pause for a moment and really think about each other as Americans, not just people divided up along conceptual and ideological lines.

Thank you! I will bet the world could be mostly purple too...lol

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A very interesting map op, thank you.

When I took a closer look at the map I found some of the patterns to be interesting. The large mostly blue area of the south that swings upward into the midwest, that nearly solid red patch in the west. The purple is also of course very telling.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If the map is mostly purple, then that means we are mostly divided. Purple denotes a split of red and blue. If we weren't divided, the map would be mostly blue or mostly red.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join