It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something MAJOR is happening: Vast amounts of methane leaking from Australia's biggest coal seam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Even MORE large scale methane release? That IS potentially terrible news... The very worst.

Just Google or search ATS for: The Great Dying

edit on 15-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They are blaming the huge Indiana explosion on earth leaked methane. It looks like Methane is coming up all over.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by Dr Expired

Why blame it on the Chinese??? It is pure GREED by the frackers and nothing else. Like they give a hoot about the Chinese.....pfffft!

You read the post wrong I was blaming the Frackers and the individual powerful Aussies (politicians and business) who facilitate the poisoning of this nation by promise of reward.
The chinese are looking after themselves as does every nation...and they definetly don't give a rice cracker about Australia.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

I checked out Google and could not find a reputable source for this being the cause of the Indiana explosion and was wondering if you had a source for this information? I am not saying that this could not happen . . . just wanting to check into it a little more.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ATS Please read/Google about:

anoxic events
sudden catastrophic climate change
methane and earth's temperature
methane greenhouse gas
methane many times more hazardous than CO2
methane clathrates
clathrate gun hypothesis
CO2 sequestration
Sleipnir A CO2 project
Equal and Opposite reaction and gas physics
Dangers of Undersea Sequestration
Unknown/Underestimated Undersea Faults and Volcanoes
Transform Faults
Unannounced outgassing
pumice raft
Ohkotsk Sea megaquake
Deep Subduction
Methane outgassing earthquake correlation
water seeping into magma chamber causes earthquake
deep earthquake water perovskite
silent slip
Eco terror
Geo engineering
Canada west coast iron enrichment
Macondo ocean enrichment
NOAA macondo coverup
BP coverup
Geo engineers invest in BP before Macondo explodes
computerized control of war/stock market
gates investment in geoengineering
gates bp
bp m16
bae m16
bp bae collusion
gaddafi murder offshore drilling
offshore drilling dangers
methane criminal
methane outgassing criminal negligence planned

ETC rabbit hole etc

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I saw it on ENENEWS I havent learned to link, but Dutchsince has a link.

link   
reply to post by new_here

My most sincere apologies, I got the two terms muddled up. What I should have said is the Galactic Equator.

Will Earth pass through the galactic plane in 2012?

That article also explains where we are in relation to the Galactic plane.

Apologies once again. Duh!

link   

Cool, thanks.
I will check his feed out.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Methane, an ACTIVE solar Maximum, the 6mag quakes just picked up in the last
month, crazy weather every where on the planet. strange booms heard all over the world.
melting ice caps, glaciers, and Greenland Ice sheet..in record amounts. Ect.ect.ect

Well now LDb you must be gettting your data somewhere different from me.

Methane, yup OK.
ACTIVE solar max - no not a bit of it - one of the weakest in many years (cycles).

Quakes always pick up in Autumn.

Booms is earthquakes, it is just the Mercans have been punching so many holes in the crust and letting the gas and oil out that the Earth is now hollow
. What you are hearing is echoes!

Ice caps are not melting. Antarctica has some of it's thickest ice. The Arctic always fluctuates. In the 1920s you could sail across it - and now it is thickening again. Glaciers are advancing and the Greenland ice sheet is still 2 miles thick as it ever was. These things come in cycles as does the Grand Minimum we are approaching. Forecasts of up to 4°C drop in global temperature - and for something to compare that to bear in mind that last 150 years has managed just +0.37°C because of global climate warming change disaster.

As you say however, nothing to see here. Move along please.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My theory, which really isn't a theory as much as a logical reason for this (and the general warming trends we've seen over the past 30-50 years), is the fact that we are long overdue for an ice age.

The planet is going through a natural cycle and this is the part where the earth opens up and spews greenhouse gases into the atmosphere to speed up the coming ice age. It has recently been proven that ice ages can come on very quickly. My advice: move to Ecuador.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by new_here

My most sincere apologies, I got the two terms muddled up. What I should have said is the Galactic Equator.

Will Earth pass through the galactic plane in 2012?

That article also explains where we are in relation to the Galactic plane.

Apologies once again. Duh!

Oh, puterman-- no need to feel 'Duh!' I am personally no stranger to brain farts, LoL.

Now you will kindly U2U me a quick explanation/definition of Galactic Equator. Honestly, I've heard the term but can't quite wrap my brain around it. I say U2U b/c I fear we are dangerously off topic...

Sorry OP. Thank you for your thread of very interesting (if troubling) info.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
reply to post by loam

"vast amounts of methane gas... leaking undetected"...

...says the news article.

*facepalm*

My thoughts exactly!!

Methane is, of course, a serious danger - Pike River in NZ 2 years ago had high levels and nothing was done about them - result was an explosion that killed 29 men.

Methane in the open atmosphere? Not any great worry.

although TBH they could at least burn it to make some electricity or something!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Vast amounts of methane appear to be leaking undetected from Australia's biggest coal seam gas field, according to world-first research that undercuts claims by the gas industry.
Link

The sentence above makes it hard for me to take this seriously.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You know what makes me not worry about this coal seam issues? Fukashima. So as troublesome as this gas leak is, It's about #14 on my concerns of the health & safety of our planet. Pretty sad.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Earth is starting to go through a "growth/expanding" phase, hence all the earthquakes/volcanism and methane leaks.....'

just my theory.

just your theory? based on what exactly? what are your qualifications/background that give you such insight? let me guess, based on a few articles you read on ATS. thats some solid science right there...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

you have it all back the front, we are still in a glacial period, we are moving out of the glacial into the interglacial period, all the gases geting spewed out of the earth help bring us out of the glacial, they create the greenhouse blanket that creates a heat trap that increases the temperature over time

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markafeller
From a Scripture point of view. We are looking at a pole shift at about 18 months after the start of the Great Tribulation. Before it starts, animals effected from a change of EMF effects kill people fly into buildings, try to destroy ships at sea and etc. It is noted Rev. 6:8. Such would cause all the earths volcanos to go off. The crust would rise or sink. With dust blows and high winds. That would include Yellowstone and La Palma. The dust would cause sky darkness and a drop in temp. With lightning and static electric charges in the air. A massive wall a water from La Palma would hit the U.S. east coast. Not just 100 feet but on top of aggravated seas. The interesting part of all this is the noted falling of a star called wormwood. As no death is noted on impact but by toxic water. That sounds like the swiss elps. **That it could also be the cause of a space body**. That the earth would release massive amount of gases that could be set to flame in some areas by lightning strikes. All this is years off not Dec. 21, 2012. years later like 8-9 years as a war must happen and the Jesus temple will be built. .

no one cars about your scripture rubbish, it has nothing to do with the climatic cycle.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have a feeling they are also fracking in the Latrobe Valley, although there isn't supposed to be any. The recen spout of earthquakes throughout the region makes me very weary of what politicians like Ted Ballieu are saying that it isn't going on.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.. The eastern 3rd of the australian continent is in a current and active stage of mountain building. Fracking in such zones is asking for trouble. Most recent trmors in Latrobe have been at 0.0 depth. They started with the big one a few months ago at 10km depth and have been getting shallower ever since.

I am feeling uneasy about what might be going on under the eastern 3rd of our country, as specially in regions that are in fact in an active "mountain building phase", rising around 2cm per year.

Recent quakes in the Latrobe Valley, which started some months ago with a 5.4 at 10km depth have been getting shallower ever since. The last few "at around 2.4 on the scale", have been at 0.0 depth. There have been 100's of small aftershocks from the big one, but have been progressively shallower.

The faults in this area are stress-trust faults (as magma pushes upward in a location with more brittle formations that don't easily bend), it fractures and cracks spread out in all directions. To me, this indicates that as the magma pushing upward to form mountains in this region, the bedrock has started to fall away underneath (bit by bit as it is heated and pushed on), into the pocket (could be why the trmors while still small, are getting shallower).

edit on 11/16/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

seems that a big solar flare could ignite the whole planet

That reminds me of the movie Knowing ...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For a very long period of Earth's history Man would not have been able to survive. Methane was free in the atmosphere.

The Earth's surface was originally molten, as it cooled the volcanoes belched out massive amounts of CARBON DIOXIDE, STEAM, AMMONIA and METHANE. There was NO OXYGEN. The STEAM condensed to form water which then produced shallow seas.
K

One source

Creationism
Mayan Prophecy
Religious Theory
Gaia's Revenge

Just give me a great seat. If its all of us going, I want to see the glory coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join