It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Can you expand on your response?

Thought isn't real, it's illusion. All of reality is inherently prior to thought and devoid of the labels that thought brings to the table, including everything you think you are and take yourself to Be.

On the Flip side, at least speaking for myself, having spent a few years investigating all of this, there are ever Longer periods of just perfect crystal clear brilliant stillness devoid of thought or Ego ...just Is-ness & heart based Intuition.

I think it's funny all the responses here that think that living with no ego = physical death, or that it's not possible or all the other defense mechanisms.
edit on 17-11-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Thought isn't real, it's illusion. All of reality is inherently prior to thought and devoid of the labels that thought brings to the table, including everything you think you are and take yourself to Be.

Really, you don't believe a higher mind brought this reality into form? I think the spiritual world (thoughts/emotions) was here first and then this more "dense" form existence was created....

So everything is mind (mental/thought/illusion) , it would just be difficult to change the "form" in this reality because it is more "concentrated/dense" as this higher mind that created this realm wanted it to be.

What is your view on this reality (physicality) came to be?
edit on 17-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Really, you don't believe a higher mind brought this reality into form?

The "thought" or "belief" of something is not the same as the actual thing.....

If everything is the way you believe ...cool, so Be it. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things what I believe or think .....except possibly that I as Awareness have become Aware that the Ego is not me, and the more Awareness there is of it, the more quiet and silent it is, sometimes hours of no ego. So in the sense of how all this got here ...who knows, maybe your right.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I am almost certain about it. With awareness I can see how alive reality is. How everything is in movement. The way it unfolds is like beauty.

Now even though all of this is unfolding, "this body" is also apart of this unfolding....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowGhost

When the body needs water the mind will instruct it to drink. Wheres is the ego in that? If the mind recognizes that someone else is thirsty it will move the body in the correct way to bring that person a drink. Without ego the other body is just as important as this or any body. The body and the mind are instruments, they're the vehicles for non-material conciousness to interact on a material level. Noone needs to tell you that you are not your car even though you use it to move around and you take care of it so that it continues to work properly. Look at the body and mind in the same way and the ego disappears because ego is simply identifying with the car and saying "i am the car".

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Wonders

You are going WAAAAAAAY off the deep end and projecting ideas into this thread that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE even REMOTLEY said or even eluded to.

"feelings don't matter" REALLY???
Is that what you took away from this?
Is that what you honestly believe the OP is trying to promote?

I would sit here and try to break it down for you but something tells me you are going to take my words and twist them into something even MORE rediculous than you did with the OP.

This mindset that the OP is referring to, detatching yourself from your EGO isn't for everyone.
ALOT of people believe they are one and the same. You = your ego.
You= your emotions.

If this is your thinking then this thread most definately is not for you and any attempt whatsoever to explain it will only fall on deaf ears.

If you believe in "Right" and "Wrong"
If you beleive in "GooD' and "EEEEEVIL" or "BAD"
Then you are not going to be able to make heads nor tails of this way of thinking.

If YOU get offended when someone calls you a fat ass then you are not going to get much out of a thread about ego.

If you are able to understand that YOU are not a fat ass but the bio suit that you are wearing IS then you may get something out of this thread.

If you are able to separate YOU from your bio suit,
If you are able to separate YOU from your Emotions
If you are able to separate YOU from your Name, clothes, car, family, friends, job title, bank account, awards won, time served, and every other title,designation,label, and box that this world uses to define the REAL you then you obviously understand what we are talking about here so feel free to jump on in.

I honestly don't think that it's wrong for a person to have their feelings hurt by such language,

Who in the WORLD said anything about it being "wrong" to have your feeling hurt?
You are in good company.
There have been several people in this thread who have totally made up words that were never spoken.
The great thing about communication online is that there is a record of the entire conversation which can prove such.

it is a natural reaction

Yes, as is screaming and running when you see a bear in the woods, which will.............GET YOU KILLED!!!

There is a reason we don't cry, and slap, and hit, someone who throws sand at us in the sandbox anymore.
Hopefully (most of us) have learned to control their "natural reactions" by now.

Prisons are full of people who couldn't control their "natural reaction"
This world is the way it is because of "natural reactions"
Fear is a "natural reaction" and it has been used to control humanity for long enough now.
It is time we conqured our "natural reactions" and make them serve us rather than US serving THEM.

If none of this makes any sense to you and you feel inclined to chalk it up as some "New Age hocus Pocus" then you are going to have to take it up with Socrates,Plato,Jung, and a host of other "New Age Hippies".
Don't take it up with me, I didn't invent nor create nor discover this new age mumbo jumbo.

If you don't "get it" you weren't meant to just yet.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Interesting perspective for someone with such an auspicious username.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hmmm first I was wondering where you where heading with this thread.
But I think I get it.

I have taken spiritual journeys, where I shed my ego. And when my ego is gone.. I can express that its a wonderful feeling, and very enlightening to lose something that we are all so hard wired to express and show in this world.

Some folks, are unable to shed their ego's. Some folks just are dependent upon their ego to get by in life. Some will never understand, and you can never explain that to them.

Hence if you want to understand and can't. Then the only choice you have left is just to accept it and share compassion. Otherwise, you are stuck in that mental loop of trying to understand something you are not able to fathom or understand.. Hence you are stuck in the logical loop of saying to your ego.. I must understand this. If I can't that means I am dumb.. When in truth, you are not dumb if you can not understand something.
You are just unable to step outside of yourself, and unable to accept something in which you could never understand.

So where are you headed with this thread Dom? STill not sure.. But I got my own understanding, and it allowed me a mental path to open up new process in my mind.
Its been a good 2 years since I have shed my ego. And its not something one should do all to often. Its a short cut.. and can do permanent damage if you are not hard wired mentally to tolerate these journeys.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

But I think I get it.

I have taken spiritual journeys, where I shed my ego. And when my ego is gone.. I can express that its a wonderful feeling,

only choice you have left is just to accept it and share compassion.

So where are you headed with this thread Dom?

Where-ever the thread goes is not up to me. True colors are shown ..... When all ego is seen as not you, there are some brilliant things that are revealed, compassion, stillness, brilliance, clarity, Being ......but hey, who am I to say anything about this (according to many replies here) ...ha ha ha .....see for yourself if it is so .....in your case zysin5, seems like you've already seen what's revealed when there is no You in the way

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread, it really caught my ego's attention and has given me a new insight into a situation that heavily involves my ego's reaction.

One day i'll have control

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

You are going WAAAAAAAY off the deep end and projecting ideas into this thread that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE even REMOTLEY said or even eluded to.

"feelings don't matter" REALLY???
Is that what you took away from this?
Is that what you honestly believe the OP is trying to promote?

I would sit here and try to break it down for you but something tells me you are going to take my words and twist them into something even MORE rediculous than you did with the OP.

This mindset that the OP is referring to, detatching yourself from your EGO isn't for everyone.
ALOT of people believe they are one and the same. You = your ego.
You= your emotions.

If this is your thinking then this thread most definately is not for you and any attempt whatsoever to explain it will only fall on deaf ears.

If you believe in "Right" and "Wrong"
If you beleive in "GooD' and "EEEEEVIL" or "BAD"
Then you are not going to be able to make heads nor tails of this way of thinking.

If YOU get offended when someone calls you a fat ass then you are not going to get much out of a thread about ego.

If you are able to understand that YOU are not a fat ass but the bio suit that you are wearing IS then you may get something out of this thread.

If you are able to separate YOU from your bio suit,
If you are able to separate YOU from your Emotions
If you are able to separate YOU from your Name, clothes, car, family, friends, job title, bank account, awards won, time served, and every other title,designation,label, and box that this world uses to define the REAL you then you obviously understand what we are talking about here so feel free to jump on in.

I honestly don't think that it's wrong for a person to have their feelings hurt by such language,

Who in the WORLD said anything about it being "wrong" to have your feeling hurt?
You are in good company.
There have been several people in this thread who have totally made up words that were never spoken.
The great thing about communication online is that there is a record of the entire conversation which can prove such.

it is a natural reaction

Yes, as is screaming and running when you see a bear in the woods, which will.............GET YOU KILLED!!!

There is a reason we don't cry, and slap, and hit, someone who throws sand at us in the sandbox anymore.
Hopefully (most of us) have learned to control their "natural reactions" by now.

Prisons are full of people who couldn't control their "natural reaction"
This world is the way it is because of "natural reactions"
Fear is a "natural reaction" and it has been used to control humanity for long enough now.
It is time we conqured our "natural reactions" and make them serve us rather than US serving THEM.

If none of this makes any sense to you and you feel inclined to chalk it up as some "New Age hocus Pocus" then you are going to have to take it up with Socrates,Plato,Jung, and a host of other "New Age Hippies".
Don't take it up with me, I didn't invent nor create nor discover this new age mumbo jumbo.

If you don't "get it" you weren't meant to just yet.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Interesting perspective for someone with such an auspicious username.

Lol, what is a name?
Really?
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

Names mean NOTHING!!!!
My user name could be "IEATBABIES" (and it almost was) and it means NOTHING unless YOU want it to or let it.
People who are so attached to "names" are the very people who need to hear this information.
It might do you well to slowly read through this thread and see if there is anything in it which is going to be able to help you shed the importance you put on "names".

If I told you I was and ex convict would that reveal something about me too?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Can you expand on your response?

On the Flip side, at least speaking for myself, having spent a few years investigating all of this, there are ever Longer periods of just perfect crystal clear brilliant stillness devoid of thought or Ego ...just Is-ness & heart based Intuition.

I think it's funny all the responses here that think that living with no ego = physical death, or that it's not possible or all the other defense mechanisms.
edit on 17-11-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

There is much more to the ego than the judgmental-personality traits. It is the entire perceived universe to the observer. It is the observers individual conditioning and perception that filters the sensory input and establishes the reality they experience. Any wise master will tell you that it is impossible to destroy the ego. That is why transcendence is chosen instead. Transcendence doesn't require the destruction of anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

. Any wise master will tell you that it is impossible to destroy the ego. That is why transcendence is chosen instead. Transcendence doesn't require the destruction of anything.

Cool! Im glad that nowhere in this thread have I said anything about destroying one's ego. Being aware that it is not who I am, = transcendence. It = ever more hours of unfiltered Beingness, timelessness, etc etc etc.......

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by buddhasystem

Care to explain your reasoning in that statement?

There is nothing to explain, really, it's void, like everything else.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply Dom!

Okay I really do get it now..
Its an ink blog test, of sorts.

A thread that will reflect your inner being, and true self.. (ego wise)

I had a feeling this was a personal truth thread! I admire your work, and your clever method, of outing those who are less than enlightened. No offense to those who where outed and did not truly grasp that this was an ink blog thread of sorts.

Its these things that teach us the most about ourselves..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't see how someone can think of transcendance as knowing that this body and it's emotional reflexes is not who I am.

It is the same problem when people talk about going into the fourth, or fifth, (or more) dimension and leaving the third.

Being aware that what you are is MORE than just that is one thing- but eliminating and trying to disengage from it is something else..... and in these terms, usually leads to a return again and again to it, until it is integrated and embraced.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

It is also the ego that can be tricked into doing things to harm others or ones self. I wouldn't say kill your ego but be aware of it and take control of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Oh thank you - I'm happy it made sense to you. It's just my understanding of Ego after much deliberation. Hopefully it will change in time as I override my ego's need to be right and allow experiences that give rise to new understanding.

much love

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Lol, what is a name?
Really?
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

Names mean NOTHING!!!!
My user name could be "IEATBABIES" (and it almost was) and it means NOTHING unless YOU want it to or let it.
People who are so attached to "names" are the very people who need to hear this information.
It might do you well to slowly read through this thread and see if there is anything in it which is going to be able to help you shed the importance you put on "names".

If I told you I was and ex convict would that reveal something about me too?

Names matter, just like words, just like intonation, just like body language, like anything else, if it's worth mentioning, it matters.
If you were to tell all the married women of the world that their husband's last name doesn't matter, I'll bet SOME of those men, and children involved, may feel differently.
Take the name "Jesus" for instance, for some the name has the power to save lives, for others it is taken in vain.
Not TOO many people know that the letter J is Just a little over 500 years old.
An E1 needs to know his chain of command, and imagine an employer not knowing the names of her employees....SOOO, it would take a pretty dense person not to see through your logic.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

THANK YOU, SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

Animal House

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Things only matter if you decide they do. That is the point and if you believe there is a natural law that determines that things matters it is most probably Ego-sense being very convinced it knows something. Words have power but only power in the way in which we believe they do.

Example.

A person was told all their life they were a failure. When ever the use the word failure it is directly related to an experience and feeling they have about themselves. For this person changing the word they use to describe not reaching their goal might change how the world is viewed through the ego sense and open up to new sensations and experience. Reinforcing/continually using the word failure might for this person reinforce that what ever they take on will not succeed. However for another person who have never associated with the word failure, it might simply not affect them at all using it.

Since this is a thread about Ego it is fairly obvious to see when a discussion reaches the state yours have that there are two strong ego's involved and neither one are willing to take a leap of faith to see where it lands. Have you considered that both of you may be correct and it is just a matter of where you stand when you look at the problem that differs here? In either case what purpose does getting upset serve in a conversation in a thread with a stranger online? Does it really matter what the other writer believes, or are you simply trying to stroke your ego-sense and prove to yourself that what it believes is right?

Wonders what would happen with this conversation if both took the view and argued for the others point for a moment with the same passion as you argue your own points. Might some learning about the ego occur?

Much love to both.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join