It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Easier said than done. Taming the ego seems to be a very personal journey of awareness and will power, however if one succeeds and takes pride in doing so, then one fails. Tricky indeed. One thing is certain though, controlling the ego is the key to the door that leads out of the game

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
Professing a path to mastery over the human ego is a form of prideful egotism in itself.

In my opinion, many of the philosophies that embrace ascension above the bounds of humanity are a pointless attempt to detach from one's own humanity.
Well yes of course...if you are going to ascend past human nature....you have to shed that cloth...obviously.

It stems from an inherent, unconscious dislike of the weaknesses of humanity and therefore, an inbred dislike of oneself.
Be the change you want to see in the world...self reflect and become aware of who you are and what you want to be...why are you reducing these fundamental changes in thought/action to nothing more than a mental masturbation?

If one feels that certain inherent aspects of humanity are distasteful, unsightly and macabre, one need only adopt a philosophy where he/she is one of the special individuals that is able to "rise above" the other human riff-raff. This satisfies the need to be distant from that which is ugly within the self, and soothes the unavoidably voracious ego with an illusion of enlightenment.

The Ego will always remain, as it is a foundation of our existence...consciously learning to acknowledge it and consider its influence in "who we are" is as close as one can probably come to an unbiased non-ego decision...

Those wishing to kill the ego will do so in vain...accepting the ego is similar to accepting that we are all to a degree primal beasts and accepting that, that is a part of us...however consciously we can chose to evolve past that...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
Professing a path to mastery over the human ego is a form of prideful egotism in itself.

In my opinion, many of the philosophies that embrace ascension above the bounds of humanity are a pointless attempt to detach from one's own humanity. It stems from an inherent, unconscious dislike of the weaknesses of humanity and therefore, an inbred dislike of oneself.

If one feels that certain inherent aspects of humanity are distasteful, unsightly and macabre, one need only adopt a philosophy where he/she is one of the special individuals that is able to "rise above" the other human riff-raff. This satisfies the need to be distant from that which is ugly within the self, and soothes the unavoidably voracious ego with an illusion of enlightenment.

This line of thought, to me, is a meaningless mentally masturbatory exercise.

what about the ppl who choose to deny the possibility that one can ascend above the 'riff-raff'. perhaps it makes them feel like said riff-raff having not accomplished the claim. perhaps quickly their ego compares themselves to the person making the claim and feels inferior for if the claim was true. thus in an attempt to maintain their pride.. deny the existence or possibility that the claim could be true. ankle biting to shoot down and pull down at the claimed ascendant so that they can feel better about themselves.

just perhaps.

good thread OP. very well put. u even spoke of insight into something that i had doubts that any on here were aware of. yes.. one's heart can be in the right place.. striking a nerve deliberately with the intention of knowing the great possibility that that nerve just might wake them up. to the subject it may feel like an attack, an offense of some sort. but little would they know that their accoster is attempting to trigger the switch that will wake them up. having the ego doubt all that it thinks it knows is a good start.

they should count themselves lucky that someone would go thru all that trouble for them.. even tho they are hostile or intolerant to the claimed beliefs and practices of the one making the statement.

to narrow it all down tho..
yes.. the ego must die.. completely.. at first. this is going into the darkness.. u already know the light.. or think u do.. but u will only ever truly know the light when u know it's opposite. having known the differences between the darkness you are in and the light u were in previously.. u can re-enter the light with much greater understanding.. or perhaps even.. walk the line between them both. a feat you could not perform without knowing where the border of darkness and light resides.

some say there is no darkness without light.. but really... there is no light without darkness. it is the root. the blackboard.. and the light is merely chalk written on the blackboard. u can erase the chalk.. but u cant erase the blackboard. the blackboard is awareness.
edit on 14-11-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There was once a man who was awarded the badge of humility but he was stripped of the honor because he accepted it.

Such is the ego.
You can bring it into submission only so much and then when you try to tell others of your awesome discovery,
it rears its ugly head again.

This truely is a path which can only be traveled alone.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There was once a man who won the badge of humility but he was stripped of the honor because he accepted it.

That's awesome! Thanks for that one. Im aware all my responses to this thread are ego, and also that silence remains when some huge breakthroughs happen

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Thanks.
Reminding me of the snippet of REVOLVER.

This video uses alchemy based explaination towards YOU. The entire video is based on the ultimate truth hidden from you, it will make you aware of things you maybe weren't aware of. This is the only and ultimate battle between good and evil. Darkness and light. If you are seeking answers, this video will guide you towards a higher understanding, enlighten your consciousness. If you are watching or have watched this video, you were meant to watch it. Everything has a purpose. For YOU to evolve. Evolve yourself, so we can evolve together.
Can you feel the changes going on?
We are in the midst of a new great shift. Face it, its the TRUTH. Free will. Believe whatever you want to believe. Its up to YOU. Not anyone else. Scared of change? Why? Who wants fear in their life?
These questions will be given to you in this video.
If you still have a hard time to understand this video, its okey. It will be processed anyway.
Free will. Love. Positivity. Peace, Unite, We are one.

"Protecting" oneself from "dark" energies is ultimately an illusion. All the perceived darkness is inside of ourselves. This is a popular religious and New Age thing that has its purpose in the greater scheme of things. But for anyone truly serious about developing universal consciousness this needs to be seen for what it is.
You will not find even one truly illumined master or avatar in all of history that has ever taught this type of thing. The reason is that to do so does not truly empower the individual at all. It rather supports them in maintaining their illusions of separation and thus duality.
Contemplate it for a bit. The act of protecting oneself from an energy external to self is in fact separative is it not? It has an underlying operative belief that tells you "that is bad and I am good." Duality at its finest!
The only true "protection" is to take 100% responsibility for everything we experience within ourselves. Feeling "negative or dark" energy is something that is going on inside of us. Who is feeling it?
Have you ever noticed how different people will experience the same exact energy very differently? Why is that? It is because their internal responses to it are different.
If you change your internal response pattern to an energy, then what you feel inside yourself in relationship to its presence can be quite the opposite. This is the mechanism by which we actually can transform everything with our love!
Have you ever had an experience where you felt one way about something/someone, then along came a bit more info/awareness and then you felt differently about it/them?
Most people have... same energy but you start experiencing it deifferently... its all because one thing changed... your awareness! When your awareness shifts, then so does your percpetions, thoughts/feelings and inner responses/experience of that same thing! It's all a matter of awareness, that is the key!
This approach is not widely popular though because there is no "bad guys" to vanquish, do battle with or protect the mother land from. The ego loves to be the hero in its own story!

edit on 14-11-2012 by 1ness because: youtube link edit.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Felt nothing and only thought "where's the point he's trying to make?" as I do with every OP.

Think the last time I had an ego (in the sense you're getting at) was as a teenager.

ETA or perhaps my ego is so profound and conditioned...that insults and praise have no effect!? Such things use to affect me but I constantly fluxuated from one extreme of being verbally and physically abused as a child to being the TAG ("Talented & Gifted") superstar who built the best functioning rocket in 4th grade. The emotional impact of many words lost meaning along the way (and thus can't tell what others "expect" anymore and have no people skills). So if I have an ego that's to be either stroked or smacked, it wouldn't be due to words. Pretty sure I have an ego in play somewhere but it's just elusive. Someone said ego is to keep you alive. Well, I don't seek death but don't care about avoiding it either.

ETAx2 ok...found it. Yep, I'm aware of it but mastered it so much that setting it aside has become an unconscious act. That was a fun exercise. Thanks.
edit on 14-11-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
oh yah baby

STROKE THAT EGO !

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Lego my ego!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

What do I do when I say: "I know." to each and every response.

I know it's not because I don't have an ego, or its because I have a small one either. Mine seems to play games that keep me small. What in the world do I do.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Even though your trying to bring the ego and how it works to the attention of people who may not know.
By posting this you are also stroking your ego, how many stars did I get? has anyone flagged me?
If any of those thoughts are relevant then you also are at the behest of your ego.
The ego is the fight or flight mechanism that with our intellect has given humanity the upper hand on this planet.
It has been a necessary tool, and think it will still be useful for some time to come. Especially if the SHTF.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

You have TOTALLY missed the ENTIRE point here.
I am in no position to explain it to you as it is not my thread nor do I have the time nor inclination.

If you can honestly read this far and still not comprehend the message being laid out before you then it just isn't your time I suppose.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

All those reactions are of the Ego.

Sorry, but any reaction you may have is from the pride or humbleness your ego operates from. I have an ego but if I have no pride then I don't react when somebody hurls an insult. My self image is not dependent on what others think or say.

I'm not that good by the way, you can bruise my pride. Just wanted to make the distinction between ego and pride.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I keep my eggos in the freezer......

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Poster says we are ego. I've heard the ego called the "not I", or more correctly a series of "not I's". That indicates the existence of a true "I", something more transcendent. Maybe higher consciousness describes it, or higher self, or I Am That I Am.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
s&f for you!!

This is what I had to say about ego in my self evaluation on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I Am A “Big Fat Hypocrite”!!

(4) Pride - I do have pride. The saying goes “pride comes before a fall”. I learned this lesson recently. I was chastised vehemently for behavior and I felt it was unfair; my “pride” would not let it go. As a result I was punished, also, unfairly; I did gain something very important; humility. Whether I deserved to be punished or not, I was forced to deal with the consequences of my actions. Ego is pride. We sometimes make the mistake of classifying ego as self-esteem. I think of ego as false pride and self-esteem as what I truly feel about myself. This is where I made my mistake. I give myself a hard fought “B“. I really need to recognize the differences between ego and self-esteem.

Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

My ego gave up fighting the truth long ago ;+]

QV.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The ego isn't something you can completely comprehend until you experience the dissolution of it. When you experience yourself as an individual in non-corporeal form only then do the trappings of humanity and the human mind become clear. After that it's easy to identify it as a mechanism separate from yourself and as such exert much more control over it instead of the opposite.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Of course an eye can't look at its own self, but it could look into a mirror. It could also have impaired vision and. It might not be seeing things clearly.

I found you're post to be very egotistical
Only a person with an overflated ego could convince themselves they have found true wisdom.
Wisdom is something you figure out on your own, usually after you've lived a few years. This isn't some hidden secret you've stumbled upon and has absolutely nothing to do with ego.

Thanks for the advice but I will pass on using it, or any other ideas from that philosophy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join