It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

read the thread at the bottom of my signature, on enlightenment.

or read this link:
Most rapid means

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
it is a misconception that one could even find a way to destroy their ego, and to what end. their is a difference in the pride gained through hard work, than the silly inflation of ones self. without the ego we could see no difference, the ego,firmly grounds us in this reality.

Disagree. Sure its a tool, but it is not grounded in reality, because its own nature is illusion. Ego has a source within you, find that source, and it will be uprooted, and it will never arise again, and from that moment on, all acts and words are spontaneously arising without thought

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In my experience, the perceived destruction of the ego is one of the last, and most effective, defenses of the static ego/perspective itself. Our perception of "it" changes, but what we perceive has always been.

Beyond that, I am not convinced the the Great Life is focused on destruction as the "key."
edit on 3-12-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus
Calling the ego an illusion, is a game of word play, one that i dont wish to engage. Also defining what is real and what is not often is argued in the subjective, which is ironic being the ego is the structure that gives subjective thought and expression; quality. If it suits you to believe the ego is illusionary. So be it, but the ego has an objective function and can be understood in scientific terms. All communication, all outward expression is expressed through the ego. Without it you would have no singular I you would have no boundrys,you would not be. The ego is;subjective quality and expression.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
my ego is just fine, thank you...I don't need some other human being trying to get me to second-guess myself. that horse and buggy has been put in the propaganda museum along time ago

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

some things are expressed from love, from heart, from pure emotional rage, from other filters that aren't ego, and sometimes from a pure place.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Seems to me you have isolated the ego into every negative expression. While sugesting another filter for positive expression, kind of splitting hairs;This is duality. the ego is all encompassing expression of ones self. The ego is the i in which i refer to. The ego is neither positive nor negative, the ego gives quality to subjective experince, the ego projects your inner desires at any moment. What i am trying to say, is that the ego is the medium through which all reality is experinced. However i believe that awarness dose extend beyond the ego. Though that is borderline mystism. Ego death is an experince that lends credibility to this idea. Usually ego death can only be achieved via, NDE/traumatic experience, deep meditation, phychedellic drugs.The last being the easyist.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

However i believe that awarness dose extend beyond the ego.

Exactly this. We are Awareness. not Ego...but that Awareness has an Infinite Source.....so we are Source.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
When the ego is functioning normally, you are proud to be yourself, no matter what you define yourself as, and you accept yourself for exactly what you are. If you reject your "ego" then it does become a problem because you do not wish to be "you" anymore.

Removing "you" from the equation is thus seen as an answer.
edit on 4-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
When the ego is functioning normally, you are proud to be yourself, no matter what you define yourself as, and you accept yourself for exactly what you are. If you reject your "ego" then it does become a problem because you do not wish to be "you" anymore.

and that, is sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

Before removing 'you' from the equation one must enquire into who it is that would be 'removing you' from the equation?
Who's ego is it? Who owns an ego?

A post comes to mind where you said you were removing different aspects of yourself, bits you don't like - so are you trying to remove you from the equation?

Do you notice that it seems as though there is a you watching the character you playing in the world, maybe not acting the way you think it should and that you are trying to correct it? There seems to be a you judging you. There seems to be two - when the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.
They never 'become' one - they have always been one. Firstly it has to be recognized that there seems to be two. When it is found that all that appears seems to be one and That which is watching/witnessing appears to be the other. The two are found to be inseparable - they are one.

edit on 4-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

excellent

very wise

well put

you have done a terrific job analyzing and expressing

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say Ego when they mean Id.

My other biggest pet peeve is Freudian Psychology.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

read the thread at the bottom of my signature, on enlightenment.

or read this link:
Most rapid means

yeah that looks all kinds of unhealthy. you are familiar with id, ego, superego? the ego is important, the balancing act between two extremes. you are essentially advising us to cripple our self awareness.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

self awareness:
1. Isn't the Ego
2. Has a uncreated light at the very center of it
3. Can expand beyond the head, like you see in depicitions of Saints with Halos around their heads
4. Awareness has a Source of Awareness which can also be accessed within so technically:

you aren't even awareness

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

self awareness:
1. Isn't the Ego
2. Has a uncreated light at the very center of it
3. Can expand beyond the head, like you see in depicitions of Saints with Halos around their heads
4. Awareness has a Source of Awareness which can also be accessed within so technically:

you aren't even awareness

ego noun ˈē-(ˌ)gō also ˈe-
: the opinion that you have about yourself

psychology : a part of the mind that senses and adapts to the real world

^ read this. now think what happens when you completely erase that from a person's mind. you might as well not have a body, or an individual identity. is that the point? preparation for assimilation? scary dude. seriously sometimes when i think of the rapture, i imagine millions of people lining up to be plugged into those giant machines you see in the matrix after neo wakes up. and the machines are all one body, one mind, and its god. and thats what this "abandoning the ego" thing reminds me of. it is your destiny to surrender to the hive. there is no you, there is only me.

edit on 5-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Primary & Subconscious goal of the Ego is to prevent awareness of Itself.

Masterful OP.

web.photodex.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

^ read this. now think what happens when you completely erase that from a person's mind.

WHen you erase a persons mind, they have the opportunity to then act from the heart, which even science is showing has its own brain. To act from the feeling center, from spontaneity, from a different place that most are unaware of.

you might as well not have a body, or an individual identity.

we might just as well be all dreaming the illusion that we have bodies and identities, when really we don't. who's to say!

is that the point? preparation for assimilation? scary dude.

assimilation is already here...being like everyone else with egotism and this illusuory sense of self that is the cause of suicides, of fundamentalists, of dictators, of corruption, everything you see in the world that is the worse of the worse including molestations and rapes, is a byproduct of this sense of self. Have fun with this then if you think it should be this way.

Like I said, no one who's ever become enlightened, has wanted to go back to Ego and its false constructs, but as free will seems to be the case, by all means enjoy yours.

i imagine millions of people lining up to be plugged into those giant machines you see in the matrix after neo wakes up.

That's what I see now.......billions of Spirits trapped in a physical prison, a limited, weak, eventually filled with suffering meat suit, all living on a giant prison planet that influences everyone to believe that they are their ego, that this is all their is, blocking their memory of the Source which we come from and are still connected to. It is already is as you speak and Ego is also a prison of your own making.....the fact that you can be aware of it shows that it isn't you.

and the machines are all one body, one mind, and its god. and thats what this "abandoning the ego" thing reminds me of. it is your destiny to surrender to the hive. there is no you, there is only me.

You've completely flipped it around in to something that its not, but that's okay...that's what ego does, finds every possible way to justify its own angles, theories, perpetuation.....there are some serious repurcussions to all of this, bet hey, doesnt matter to you....keep perpetuating the false by all means, its what the majority does

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

WHen you erase a persons mind, they have the opportunity to then act from the heart, which even science is showing has its own brain. To act from the feeling center, from spontaneity, from a different place that most are unaware of.

your actually serious.

we might just as well be all dreaming the illusion that we have bodies and identities, when really we don't. who's to say!

we do have bodies and identities. maybe you are inclined to disregard your mortal coils, but mine have sentimental value and are as much me as anything else. NOTHING has been there for me more than my body has. i owe it my life (literally) so to call it anything less than me would be to insult the unique and stellar services it has provided and will continue to provide. i dont understand how you could feel any different toward your own body.

assimilation is already here...being like everyone else with egotism and this illusuory sense of self that is the cause of suicides, of fundamentalists, of dictators, of corruption, everything you see in the world that is the worse of the worse including molestations and rapes, is a byproduct of this sense of self. Have fun with this then if you think it should be this way.

Like I said, no one who's ever become enlightened, has wanted to go back to Ego and its false constructs, but as free will seems to be the case, by all means enjoy yours.

enlightened. what does that even mean. psychological suicide? corporeal abandonment? glorified surrender? being a cog in a machine doesnt sound like my idea of paradise. who wants to be defined by something bigger, forever granted meaning by the very shadow that takes it? anyone?

That's what I see now.......billions of Spirits trapped in a physical prison, a limited, weak, eventually filled with suffering meat suit, all living on a giant prison planet that influences everyone to believe that they are their ego, that this is all their is, blocking their memory of the Source which we come from and are still connected to. It is already is as you speak and Ego is also a prison of your own making.....the fact that you can be aware of it shows that it isn't you.

i see you promising a bigger, cleaner, prettier prison. but still another prison. ive already proven that the ego is a critical staple in the human psyche. you cant have a healthy emotional disposition or stable psychology if you dont have ego. there is no reason to do anything if there is no YOU.

You've completely flipped it around in to something that its not, but that's okay...that's what ego does, finds every possible way to justify its own angles, theories, perpetuation.....there are some serious repurcussions to all of this, bet hey, doesnt matter to you....keep perpetuating the false by all means, its what the majority does

circular logic. you may as well replace the word "ego" with "satan".

alright. well, i figured i would examine your position but it looks about as precarious as i thought it would be. go ahead, kill your ego. then you wont have anything to live for because there will be nothing left to care. unless something else is doing the caring for you...in which case, that is just creepy.

and seriously. stop teaching people that apathy is a sign of enlightenment. thats just idiotic.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

your actually serious.

go google "neurons in the heart and gut" and then maybe read some mystical teachings about where the soul is. Also read about where the source of Thought is and comes from. Until then, we'll be on a different page if your choosing to believe only what MSM spoon feeds you.

we do have bodies and identities. maybe you are inclined to disregard your mortal coils, but mine have sentimental value and are as much me as anything else. NOTHING has been there for me more than my body has. i owe it my life (literally) so to call it anything less than me would be to insult the unique and stellar services it has provided and will continue to provide. i dont understand how you could feel any different toward your own body.

you feel this way because you don't remember where you come from, and how free and expanded and unlimited it is to be without one. But don't worry, as is the weak and limited design of this realm, and meat suits necessary to inhabit it, they will, be default, start to break down, weaken, fall apart, and the the thing you hold so true to be yourself starts to be in question. Its your inevitable fate, so just give it time. It is this attachment to physicality and clinging that brings fear of death and suffering to boot.

enlightened. what does that even mean. psychological suicide? corporeal abandonment? glorified surrender? being a cog in a machine doesnt sound like my idea of paradise. who wants to be defined by something bigger, forever granted meaning by the very shadow that takes it? anyone?

Okay, so now I know where you are coming from, a failed understanding of what Enlightenment means and a failed understanding of your own origins. Therefore there is no more I can talk with you about these subjects until you do some more studying and start from neutral objectivity. Your whole quote above, is what your own ego has chosen to believe. But if you ask anyone if they would rather have an actual million dollars, or just a belief in a million dollars, well only a dummy would choose the latter.

i see you promising a bigger, cleaner, prettier prison. but still another prison. ive already proven that the ego is a critical staple in the human psyche. you cant have a healthy emotional disposition or stable psychology if you dont have ego. there is no reason to do anything if there is no YOU.

There is no you in deep sleep, and yet the world continues to turn, spinning its myriad of illusions. And yet you Love deep sleep, love the time when you are unconsciously unaware of your own existence. You thinking Enlightenment is a prettier prison, just shows that there is no need to further this discussion. Your mind has been made up about something without having tasted it for yourself.

Its like a teenage boy deciding he doesn't want or need to know what sex with a women is like because he knows its gross, or stupid, or pointless.

alright. well, i figured i would examine your position but it looks about as precarious as i thought it would be. go ahead, kill your ego. then you wont have anything to live for because there will be nothing left to care. unless something else is doing the caring for you...in which case, that is just creepy.

you don't know what's it like, so you're just assuming. I see it from miles away. Its just your own concepts, that aren't true. The beautiful part about all of this is: when the body fails and falls off, and ego dies with it, then what you become on the other side of that, you'll see for yourself that, what I was proposing here, is in fact true.

But hey, keep perpetuating your illusuory ego and telling others to do the same. You don't even see how you've tricked yourself at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join