It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Please tell me if there are any real time updates on this Military event?

Is there a thread dedicated to my question?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

People like you make ATS a horribly unintellectual place.

The government in Israel isn't even religious, their secular, yet you insist that their 'religious'.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Looks as though the plug has been pulled on Harry Fears livestream from Gaza.

Maybe one of his pally pals lobbed a rocket up his wazoo?

edit on 15-11-2012 by morethanyou because: Do you think I'm stupid?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I've just been reading up on the Egyptian military, over 200 F16s and the 10th largest armed forces in the world. That, if they went all in, would even this out quickly.

Now the MB have a nice secure base behind them what better time to start flinging rockets into Israel, and when they dare to strike back, unite in righteous indignation and proclaim jihad.

Poke a bear long enough, even with just a small stick, and eventually the bear will bite. And bite hard.
edit on 15-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can anyone recommend a good Live Feed? Harry's just blacked out. He needs to get out. Prayers to all.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

Originally posted by bpg131313
The next New Moon is scheduled for the 13th of December. Major conflict will likely occur then when the moon won't illuminate the battlefield. There'll be air assaults and rocket exchanges until then, but ground forces will want a black sky to benefit them on ground movements. If Israel is going to do something significant on the ground, it'll be on or around the 13th of December.

The IDF will not wait 28 days.

Just saying.
edit on 15-11-2012 by morethanyou because: Do you think I'm stupid?

That depends on a couple of different things. It depends on just how big of an operation they are planning. If this is going to be the big show that they've wanted for so long (to actually take the whole area), they'll use the time getting all assets in place, finalizing plans, and of course, calling the US for assistance that we'll say we never gave them. You have to realize that there are multiple fronts at work here, and if they are truly going to do something big, they'll take their time and prep accordingly to move forward on multiple fronts. Israel may be seeing this as their opportunity for a significant operation. If that's the case, they'll likely wait for the new moon. If it's a minor incursion that will take a day or two at most, they'll act much faster. The fact that we haven't seen movement yet leads me to believe that they don't believe their forces are ready for the incursion they plan to make. They are delaying moving ground forces. The delay mean one thing. They are waiting for backup, and they are waiting for the best time to strike. That's during a new moon. December 13th.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

That, if they went all in, would even this out quickly.

Yet undoubtedly, the IDF have more trained and intelligent personnel.

Egypt may be able to compete in terms of equipment, but not in competence. And this, btw, is not a "jews are smarter" statement. It's based on the simple yet important difference between a liberal democracy and a ultra-conservative society like Egypt. The former allows greater 'growth', both in commerce (which Israel, despite being far smaller, both in size and population) and education. This climate of 'intellectualism' means Israelis are more apt to respond correctly and faster in difficult situations than Egyptians are.

It's no coincidence that the intellectual revolution of the industrial age/modern era followed the 'loosening' up of the constrictive influence of the Church. If you want a smarter, defter population, you need to give them the room for mental development.

So, perhaps Egypt puts too much stock into military equipment. I'm convinced the IAF would blow them out of the air, and the IDF would blow them out of the sands.

Egypt still couldn't compete with Israel in a military conflict.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Live blog here: www.haaretz.com...

Also sirens going off in Tel Avib for sirst time since 1992 during Gulf War I when Saddam fired scuds at Israel.

Egypt Prime Minister to visit Gaza tomorrow-either to try to de-escalet the situation or pedge support for Hamas.

Israel preparing ground invasion of Gaza: "8:02 P.M. IDF source says air assault on Gaza will be renewed over the coming hours, adding that the IDF has approved plans for the next stage of the operation."

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Here's a live feed from Al Jazeera

blog.livenewschat.tv...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
reply to post by Erica1631

Here's a live feed from Al Jazeera

blog.livenewschat.tv...

That's a TV feed.

I believe Erica was mentioning a video feed of the city, showing what is happening.

All feeds that I had access to were cut off, I don't know why. Maybe things have calmed down and they are no longer needed, or things are worst and the cameras have been shut down.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For all of you who are asking for live coverage of this event, I'd suggest you scope this link out:

blogs.aljazeera.com...

It's a live blog from Al Jazeera dedicated to this event. The fact that they chose to dedicate a live blog to this suggests that they consider this to be more than a typical flareup.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Update:

Defense Minister Ehud Barak has confirmed 30,000 reserve soldiers have been requested to active status.

...that's a lot of reserves.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

much more than in '09.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Tony Blair stating the obvious:

"Middle East peace envoy Tony Blair called on Hamas on Thursday to stop firing rockets from Gaza into Israel, saying that as long as it continued the Jewish state would act to defend itself.

"If the rocket fire carries on out of Gaza, targeted at Israeli towns and villages, then the retaliation will increase," the former British prime minister told Sky News television in London."

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It is.

And in a matter of hours, or a couple of days.

That is rather alarming, Israel is taking this operation rather seriously.

I've been reading some reports about the rocket operations, and it seems that Israel "allows" some rockets to fly for some time, and then the Israeli Navy tries to locate the origin point and strikes back. That could explain the 270 rockets fired against Israel vs the 250 strikes made by Israel.

This is some serious stuff, it almost seems Israel is doing an operation to clean out every single threat.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

It is.

And in a matter of hours, or a couple of days.

That is rather alarming, Israel is taking this operation rather seriously.

I've been reading some reports about the rocket operations, and it seems that Israel "allows" some rockets to fly for some time, and then the Israeli Navy tries to locate the origin point and strikes back. That could explain the 270 rockets fired against Israel vs the 250 strikes made by Israel.

This is some serious stuff, it almost seems Israel is doing an operation to clean out every single threat.

They've had trace-back technology for several years now. The problems they run into is that the rockets are all launched from residential neighborhoods. Once the rocket is airborne, the attackers displace. When Israel fires back, the Gaza folks cry on TV because Israel hit "innocent civilians". The trace-back technology has it's benefits, but not as valuable as the drones circling overhead.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I've just been reading up on the Egyptian military, over 200 F16s and the 10th largest armed forces in the world. That, if they went all in, would even this out quickly.

Now the MB have a nice secure base behind them what better time to start flinging rockets into Israel, and when they dare to strike back, unite in righteous indignation and proclaim jihad.

Poke a bear long enough, even with just a small stick, and eventually the bear will bite. And bite hard.
edit on 15-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

In 1948, 5 Arab countries invaded the newly formed country of Israel. Israel repulsed the invaders and captured land.
In 1956, Egypt blockaded Israeli shipping through the Suez canal, the gulf of Aqaba and the Straits of Tiran. In 1967, Egypt ejected UN observers from the border zone and massed troops on Israel's southern border. Israel in a pre-emptive strike, destroyed the Egyptian Air Force, then did the same to the Jordanian, Iraqi and Syrian Air Forces. As a result of the 1967 battles, Israel captured more land.
On Yom Kippur in 1973, Syria and Egypt staged a surprise attack on Israel. After Israel recovered, they counterattacked and made large advances through Syrian and Egyptian territory. After Israel encircled the Egyptian Third Army, the Soviet Union threatened to enter the conflict. This led to the US and Soviets brokering a ceasefire.

Yes, the Arabs could defeat Israel. They have tried before and the Israelis won despite being outnumbered in most categories, but that doesn't mean that they can't do it next time.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Yes, but they still have to see the rocket firing to know where it's coming from.

While before Israel would do passive detection and would only strike if confirmed, it seems this time Israel allows the rockets to be fired, so that everyone with rockets exposes themselves, being attacked back after doing so...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Egypt primi minister must be suicidal to go to Gaza. Either that or his wife is sending him LMAO!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

This is what the governments opponents in Israel have been wanting. This is what Israel failed to do in '09.

And people can't deny that Israel is taking every conscientious precaution possible to minimize civilian casualties.

They have ships out on the coast inferring where the rocket attacks are coming from. A few seconds later, that place is attacked.

This is by no means a haphazard 'strafing' as people like to portray it as. Israel just wants the rocket attacks to end.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join