It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
hamas was formed when isreal was formed....to fight the occupation

No, Hamas was not formed when Israel was formed. Go read its history and then make claims, for the sake of not making yourself look ignorant.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I dislike hamas just as much as the non-secular israeli government. Just because I am not pro-israel does not make me pro-palestine. Why should I pick sides? All I am doing is outlinning the tremendous unballanced death toll.

Really people have been dying in Africa for decades, they die in Asia but the only people who some give a crap about is Palestinians?

Right.
edit on 14-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

It may stink but it's real! Continue living your ignorant experience as a human being!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

No, Hamas was not formed when Israel was formed. Go read its history and then make claims, for the sake of not making yourself look ignorant.

dude..i dont know what wiki is saying nowadays

but what i know is hamas and Hisb allah from lebanon, formed when isreal began occupying land

unless you know otherwise?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Israel, your hubris is showing. Operation pillar of cloud.. this hit me. I am not a xtian or jew.. but I am well read within the bible and Torah/Talmud. WHen Id thought of it this evening.. it hit me. This pillar of cloud has more meaning than meets the eye... Exodus 13:21.." By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night." I assume that their next phase may be Operation pillar of fire.. if we are keeping in with a holy war.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Everything that Maloy stated regarding Hamas as a major obstacle to peace talks is accurate. If Fatah had remained in control of Gaza when Israel withdrew from occupied territory a few years ago, the situation could have been entirely different, and far more prosperous for both sides by now. Hamas is an enemy of their own people.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Boy is there a lot of crap in this thread. There are also many brilliant posts.

So some seem to think that Iran is either sitting this one out or waiting in the wings. Neither is true.

Iran has it's operatives studying the Israel missile defense shield. That is what they are doing right now. Every time Israel shoots down a Hamas missile they jump up and sing "And another one bites the dust".

Every interception now is one less interceptor that Israel has to counter an Iranian missile. Iranian missiles have two big differences to the ones Hamas is using.

Iranian missiles lock onto targets and they hit hard!

P

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Why do you put israel on such a high pedestal, especially when they are guilty of war crimes far in excess of what hamas is?

Please list the war crimes that Israel is guilty of, preferrably from a respectable unbiased source.

Do you know how many countries that have been involved in conflicts since WWII have been accused of "war crimes"? Approximately 100%. What does that tell you? Only that war is, was, and will be a dirty business, but a necessary business. Accusations against Israel don't measure up to 2/3 of the countries that have been accused of war crimes during conflicts. Hell no one in Europe who participated in Iraq/Afghanistan has moral highground to bring forth any accusations. France is no saint either - look at the Algiers conflict.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

Okay, who's right?
Let me guess... it's you. Maybe it's people who think like you do...

You aren't going to convince anyone over ATS because everyone thinks they are right. Continue screaming at a brick wall and ignoring the situation going on. Let me know when you come up with a solution.

edit: unflagged this thread on account of bickering and not discussing the actual event.
edit on 11/14/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I agree with points from both sides but why are the same strategies and opinions being expressed here and in the ME,and expecting a different result?..ring a bell?
Bombing for peace has worked zero times in history...
A new strategy is needed...disarm the ME..they can whack each other with sticks for all i care
Seriously..it's like watching kids fight in a playground
edit on 14-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by lambs to lions

Israel created its right to occupy. I am for the Jewish people and the establishment of israel in Jewish hands, but to create peace would only be a two state solution

They have had so many chances at settling the israel-palestine border issue in the past, and each and every time they gave up land that they rightfully conquered from the muslim aggressors, just to maintain a temporary peace settlement.

To maintain permanent peace....a)you keep conquered land b) you give some land to palestine and let them have sovereignty over their land. Why does israel and america BLOCK palestine sovereignty each time? Does israel have false hope of destroying ALL the palestinians and thus keeping ALL THE LAND to themelves? Is this the secret mission? You know allow hamas to attack, then go in and bomb, then take their land and eventually palestinians get tired and leave.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
but what i know is hamas and Hisb allah from lebanon, formed when isreal began occupying land

unless you know otherwise?

By the same measure I can say they formed when arab allies attempted to occupy Israel's land.

You originally said they formed when Israel was formed (1948). That is not true.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Everything that Maloy stated regarding Hamas as a major obstacle to peace talks is accurate. If Fatah had remained in control of Gaza when Israel withdrew from occupied territory a few years ago,

not really so...fatah allowing the country to split after hamas was voted into power was wrong
fatah supporting isreal attacks in gaza was wrong
fatahs open dialoug with occupyers is a desperate situation....divide and rule n all that

the situation could have been entirely different, and far more prosperous for both sides by now. Hamas is an enemy of their own people.

more like..far more phospherous
edit on 14-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You do know if Israel wanted all the land, that would of been done by now. They are doing it bit by bit in order the create irritation. israel wants to be attacked or wiped off the map, its written in there Tanakh... You do know that right?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Solution no understanding each other yes? We are different people yet disagree on the same thing... Ring a bell? people have a choice, they can make a difference. No disrespect intend! Just wanted to make my point clear.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

broken english no make good disagreement. Internet argument no make good for resolution. Bickering as like to do yelling at with brick construct. Feel good but not of worth value making.

link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Iran has it's operatives studying the Israel missile defense shield. That is what they are doing right now. Every time Israel shoots down a Hamas missile they jump up and sing "And another one bites the dust".

Israel uses Iron Dome to shot down the Grad-based rockets from Gaza. Whatever Iran might want to launch at Israel is completely different, and would not go up against Iron Dome but something else. Just as there are short/middle/long range missiles, there are different categories on anti-missile defense to deal with them. Iron Dome is not mean to intercept long-range ballistic missiles re-entring the atmosphere at terminal velocity. Last time Israel had to intercept something like that was back in the 90's.

Originally posted by pheonix358
Iranian missiles lock onto targets and they hit hard!

Yeah, that is what missiles usually tend to do. When they work. Israel's and US's missiles work pretty good, but I can't vouch for Iran's.

link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

You do know if Israel wanted all the land, that would of been done by now. They are doing it bit by bit in order the create irritation. israel wants to be attacked or wiped off the map, its written in there Tanakh... You do know that right?

If mossad has the nerve to attack america on 911 in conjunction with its bed buddy the cia, then I am not suprised one bit that the israeli government likes to prolong its misery with the palestinians for whatever sick reasons one could ever dream of. It is like bdsm before sex....

Anyway I don't want the pro-israeli mods making another off-topic post here so....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Not sure about the iron dome system running out of missiles. The problem would be their system being overwhelmed by the sheer number of missiles coming from Iran. However, Israel under such stress would no doubt counter with WMDs on Iran.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

AND

Israel doesn't know about this possibility?

Gasp!

Well, the cat's out of the bag on that one I think you just informed them of this flaw.....

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join