It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Are you crazy? How many palestinians were killed last time in relation to israelis? I think the ratio was 200:1...

The number of casualties is not any sort of indicator of who is right or not, or whose actions are justified. It merely speaks to the methods used by Israelis vs. Palestinians in trying to protect their civilians. Israel tries to only put soldiers in harms way and limit casualties among civilians through a rigid civil safety program (shelters, missile interceptors, hightened security). Hamas and Hezbolah try to shield their militants behind civilians, and purposely base their rocket launchers and headquarters in heavility populated areas.

Instead of looking at casualties, look at the intended harm. In the past weeks Hamas fired over 100 rockets (targeting heavily populated areas), and Israel fired only a few (targeting specific militants). Would you rather Israel just retaliate with 100 rockets indiscriminately launched at the center of population in Gaza?

Palestinian civilian casualties are unfortunate, but are a direct result of Hamas' tactics and nothing else.

And how can israel be in peace with palestine with those massive walls all over the israeli-palestine border?

And what is wrong about having a security fence at a volitile border? How many Americans are calling for a fence on the Mexico border? Will that fence in your opinion hinder peaceful relations with Mexico or violate Mexicans' rights? Walls serve a very critical purpose in certain situations, and may in fact be critical to creating peace.

Why not sit down with the plo or hamas and work out a long term permament solution?

First get the PLO and Hamas to sit down with each other without slitting each others throats. The PLO hates Hamas more than they hate Israel.

If they refuse then take it to the international court in the hague or make it an issue in the united nations.

And WTF has the Hague or UN done to solve any conflict or issue in the world? They are a useless beauracratic apparatus than has zero executive power.

Surely there must be better ways to solve a problem than dropping phospherous bombs from airplanes and killing thousands, right?

I don't know - dropping bombs from airplanes and killing thousands worked to end WWII, and last I heard it's looked upon as a good thing. Or you think WWII could have been resolved in international courts?

Another excellent post.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Who is anyone to tell Isreal what they should be doing?

WE HAVE ZERO RIGHT TO TELL ANY COUNTRY WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING

Can I bring this post up, in your next thread about ...

We Cannot Let Iran Have Nukes thread?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Obviously, the innocent lives that will be slaughtered is horrible. I can't imagine my own children's lives at stake. War always has collateral damage, and war is not a video game like many believe it is. It is fought by real people...fathers and sons.

If we must choose a side, as we know America will, I personally support our ally Israel. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and the radical Muslims are a common enemy.

In the end, regardless of previous mistakes, Israel should defend its people. It is their right and duty.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Any talk about whether Israel is right or wrong is moot - there is no righteousness in politics. It doesn't matter what the history of Israel/Palestine is, or what the religion is - place any other nation/people in place of Israel - and their actions to respond to hostilities would be warranted just as well.

I might replace "warranted" with "inevitable" to remove the moral element as you did when you stated "there is no righteousness in politics".

When no wrongdoing can be agreed upon in personal conflicts it requires one of the individuals to disregard the perceived evil done to them and seek peace. This is easy when it's a single individual sacrificing his own pride, but impossible for a leader as it's not their own pride they would sacrifice but the pride of all those they represent. On top of this it would be viewed by many as weakness instead of humility and a desire for peace.

When it comes to foreign affairs, it's Machiavelli's all the way down.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I wish they wouldn't try to fight fire with fire because no one knows who shot first anymore, it's just totally insane.

So I guess this means there's no chance for a Peace Settlement and a two state solution then? Darn, that really sucks.

link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Why bring Iran in to the conversation?

Seem to remember someone saying that.

Back to Hamas and the evil Isrealis
edit on 14-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

WHO?

Seems to me the neocons are runnng rampant in this thread, because it is damn sure from our own history

But hell why let that stop anyone.

We don't tell iran, iraq, afghanistan, libya, egypt, serbia, syria what to do??

You must be joking! The united nations has no problem telling everyone except israel what to do. Why do you put israel on such a high pedestal, especially when they are guilty of war crimes far in excess of what hamas is?

link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

What history?

They have been fighting from each other for over 2000 years, the land has changed hands numerous times from the roman,ottoman,assyrian,persian empires to the 20 century empires of Britian and France.

Wishful thinking as if the middle east is ever going to change.

Wishful thinking is better then condemning them to perpetual conflict....

Pessimism helps no one.
edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

link   
18 pages and the palestinian/israeli conflict hasn't been settled? what a surprise....

It's like a bunch of children bickering back and forth in here... it stinks

link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Israel created its right to occupy. I am for the Jewish people and the establishment of israel in Jewish hands, but to create peace would only be a two state solution

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

what aload of tripe

if i had the time..i would tear those comments a new ahole

hamas was formed when isreal was formed....to fight the occupation

i personally wont be duped by some rich aristocrats...who are commiting pre- meditated attacks...and stealing our opinions and quiet frankly our lives...living out the ancient legacies that have no place in the modern world

they have duped people into supporting them...but if you step back...i will gaurantee your view has been generated through

arrogance, fear or pride

link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Israel has provoked Hamas? Really? Hamas has been instigating for weeks. The United States would not have shown such restraint. Enough is enough.

link   

From my perspective why are people putting Hamas and Palestine on pedistals

Eh?

Poor little victims.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Wishful thinking is not going to solve the Isreali/Palestine conflict the only thing it does is create star fests on ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Can I bring this post up, in your next thread about ...

We Cannot Let Iran Have Nukes thread?

The hypocrisy about double standards is amazing, correct?

If you are israel you can do everything, if not then you can do NOTHING!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I would be in favor two states. I'm not sure it would ultimately work. I think that having two people's whom are so ideologically opposed would find reasons for conflict. Not to mention, it does seem as if Hamas and others are but a mouthpiece for radical Muslims in the ME. It won't stop, it hasn't for centuries.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by thePharaoh

Israel has provoked Hamas? Really? Hamas has been instigating for weeks. The United States would not have shown such restraint. Enough is enough.

1) yea your right enough is enough.....but im intrigued who you think has had enough

2) hamas has done nothing for weeks....its been a syria issue only...if there was an attack by hamas...someone here would of picked it up

its all pretty cute that isreal cant see that some people are worried for their safety....starting a war, when no one is in a position to back you is weird

as a jew will tell you...for them to win...it has to be kosher

peace

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Wait so you're going to claim that the DOCUMENTED and continuing rocket attacks originating from Palestinian territory aren't happening?

Do you know how ignorant that is?

Here's a hint for you ... these same people that are attacking Israel would rather slit your throat than look at you solely because you're a westerner....

Would you want them for neighbors?

How do we know Israel realy had control over the drone ?just what they want use to believe.
Ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth.
There is simply nothing that we can do except wait.
When the USA sneezes the whole world has a cold!, fight marxism, facsism, complacency, ignorance
Why were we taken so easily by a handful of men that turned us upon each other?
Some how OUR UNCLE SAM has his hands in this.
Obama’s love affair with the Muslim Brotherhood poses a clear and present danger to America,

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

From my perspective why are people putting Hamas and Palestine on pedistals

Eh?

Poor little victims.

I dislike hamas just as much as the non-secular israeli government. Just because I am not pro-israel does not make me pro-palestine. Why should I pick sides? All I am doing is outlinning the tremendous unballanced death toll.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Equating nukes to the displacement of Native Americans is two different topics with 2 different reasoning.

Feel free to continue to twist to suit ones own agenda by all means,

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join