It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Petraeus will testify before Congress on Benghazi attacks, FOX News confirms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Breaking: Breaking: Petraeus will testify before Congress on Benghazi attacks, FOX News confirms

www.foxnews.com

Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify about the Libya terror attack before the House and Senate intelligence committees, Fox News has learned.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-11-2012 by Maxmars because: fixed all caps title per board policy

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There were talks that he would need to be subpeaoned. I bet the Obama administration are stricken that this scandal wasn't enough to take Benghazi out of the media spotlight. (Thats why I am curious, if the Media is pro-government and work for TPTB, then why do they criticize the government and not let this slide?? LOL)

As we all know, the timing of this was odd to say the least since it was ongoing for almost a year.

This may make or break the case.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

(Thats why I am curious, if the Media is pro-government and work for TPTB, then why do they criticize the government and not let this slide?? LOL)

Answer: Fox news is republican

Critics have stated that Fox News Channel promotes conservative political positions[5] and biased reporting.[6] Commentators, news anchors, and reporters at Fox News Channel have responded that news reporting and political commentary operate independently of each other, and have denied any bias in news reporting.[7]

Wiki, so take with grain of salt.

Though I am not sure if you could provide proof that one media outlet was predominately republican or democratic, I always thought CNN was for the democrats and Fox was for the Republicans.

If you look at these channels programming over the last decade you can see some connections.

Back to the OP.

Wow this will shake stuff up for sure! who else but Patraeus would have a better perspective on Benghazi.

I bet fox will have it televised

edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Fox news is your source ??

its worst then having Debka has a source

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Though I am not sure if you could provide proof that one media outlet was predominately republican or democratic, I always thought CNN was for the democrats and Fox was for the Republicans

More-or-less, you're right

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Just google 'Petraeus will testify before Congress on Benghazi attacks'
Several outlets for this news...if you hate Fox News or Debka

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Gimme a break. Fox News or not. This is confirmed however his testimony will be given behind closed doors..

Here's ABC does that make this story easier to swallow...?

Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify at a closed-door session of Congress to answer questions about September's terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya, but he will likely also be asked about new revelations that his alleged mistress Paula Broadwell is suspected of storing classified military material, at her home.

Petraeus had been reluctant to testify following his resignation as CIA chief, but pressure had been growing in Congress for him to appear.

"Gen. Petreaus is willing to come before the committee and the details are being worked out," Sen. Diane Feinstein, chairwoman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said today. No date for his testimony has been set.

No date set yet...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

(Thats why I am curious, if the Media is pro-government and work for TPTB, then why do they criticize the government and not let this slide?? LOL)

Though I am not sure if you could provide proof that one media outlet was predominately republican or democratic, I always thought CNN was for the democrats and Fox was for the Republicans.

edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

CNN is trying to recover their lost ratings within the last few years. Therefore they'll sway in any direction that will get their ratings back up. It was clearly evident in their election coverage. I couldn't believe myself some of the opinions and commentators that were on CNN. It was a shocker that they were largely favoring the Democratic Party but now they had toned down their rhetorics and were also favoring the republican candidate/party upto certain extent
or perhaps a precautionary measure on their side if Romney would have been elected as POTUS.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bah, more transparency...... I don't like this testifying behind closed doors crap the last few administrations are pulling at all....
edit on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:17:07 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Though I am not sure if you could provide proof that one media outlet was predominately republican or democratic, I always thought CNN was for the democrats and Fox was for the Republicans

More-or-less, you're right

True, but it is nothing new.

When I was a child, newspapers were a source of news. Usually a town would have two newspapers that would compete against each other. The county newspapers that I got to read in my formative years were the Fulton County News and The Fulton Democrat. The reporting leaned one way or another, just as it does with news outlets today.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Gimme a break. Fox News or not. This is confirmed however his testimony will be given behind closed doors..
reply to post by jibeho

The Senate inquiry will be closed, but so far, the House hearings have been open, with the exception of some closed sessions that dealt with classified material.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jibeho

Bah, more transparency...... I hate this testifying behind closed doors crap the last few administrations are pulling....
Since its a closed door, I just hope the General doesn't hit on any of the female investigators (if any)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

mm then its real breaking news if this is true
sorry this thread is the first time i hear about this
didnt know Generals could testify after their resignations
its against the WH, Pentagone, Congress rules .. why would they then change the rules
especially after being involved in a big scandal about his "affair"

looking forward to hear what he have to say about Benghazi !

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

its against the WH, Pentagone, Congress rules

This is news to me.

The Congress has subpoena power, and can call anyone they like to testify, I believe.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Even though this is behind closed doors, Issa and King will have a field day with this.

Some of the testimony will eventually come to light.

What a way to start a second term, since the investigation into Fast and Furious isn't over yet either.

I'm thinking that Obama may end up going the way of Nixon.

Time to throw open the curtains on this transparent government. Time to shed some light on these matters.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

mm then its real breaking news if this is true
sorry this thread is the first time i hear about this
didnt know Generals could testify after their resignations
its against the WH, Pentagone, Congress rules .. why would they then change the rules
especially after being involved in a big scandal about his "affair"

looking forward to hear what he have to say about Benghazi !

Dont forget he is still collecting pension and other benefits as he was a retired general. He is not free just as much as ex POTUS who are still protected by secret service for all the knowledge and information they possess. If not, he might focus on the affair portion more then the Benghazi issue is my take. They'll beat around the bush a bit so to make it look as if something real is being done about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Since its a closed door, I just hope the General doesn't hit on any of the female investigators (if any)

Meh, I think he's learned his lesson on that one.

The guy deserves to be in the hot seat. He better invest in some flame retardant pants!

edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Meh, I think he's learned his lesson on that one.
The guy deserves to be in the hot seat. He better invest in some flame retardant pants!

edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)
well..did you hear about the FBI agent who was investigating the affair decided to send a shirtless pic of his to one of the woman involved?
From the amount of emails/phonecalls and/or secret rendezvous, who knows...the guy might have a sex addiction problem
Similar to many celebrities who often retort to this excuse to getaway from such incidents and seek a counselling to reduce the sentencing
Oh well...lets see. Thus far it has been interesting November 2012 after the election.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jibeho

Bah, more transparency...... I don't like this testifying behind closed doors crap the last few administrations are pulling at all....
edit on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:17:07 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I agree!! I want to see this hearing displayed in grand Iran-Contra fashion. Remember that? Network TV interrupted the daily Soap Operas to carry that coverage followed by extensive coverage on the Evening news. Fawn Hall and Ollie North were household names back then.

Sadly, the MSM is more concerned about the dirty/realty TV sex angle in this case than they are about the tragedy in Benghazi. Pathetic!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Ben81

its against the WH, Pentagone, Congress rules

This is news to me.

The Congress has subpoena power, and can call anyone they like to testify, I believe.

ahhh
then its because of them Petraeus will testify finaly
make sense now

damn Congress always changing their mind when they want
they should also require a new 9/11 investigation for bush,rumfeld and cheney
3000 Americans that died on US GROUND
is more important then 4 dead Americans in Benghazi
many familly are still waiting for closure 11 yrs laters

then after that .. congress can investigate on Benghazi all they want
put your priorities in correct order people

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE ELEVENTH OF SEPTEMBER (2001)
edit on 11/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join