It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Hawk Petraeus pushed out for warmongering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Former MI5 intelligence officer Annie Machon says Petraeus downfall could be due to the result of power play going on behind the scene particularly within the CIA . She says Petreaus was quite unpopular within the CIA particularly for pushing action against Iran when the CIA for the last nine years has been saying there was no intelligence report that suggest Iran was building any nuclear weapon. Patraeus is considered as an outsider within the CIA .

As if losing CIA director David Petraeus over having an affair last week wasn't enough - now Washington's chief commander in Afghanistan has become embroiled in the same scandal.

Petraeus stood-down last Friday after admitting to infidelity. Former MI5 intelligence officer Annie Machon says that Petraeus' downfall could be the result of infighting within the intelligence community.

edit on 14-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The resignation of David Petraeus has come only few days after Obama's reelection . This does indicate , there will be no place for warmongers in the Washington as long as Obama is in Office. Obama has repeatedly rejected the idea of going to War with Iran to solve the Nuclear Issue while Mr . Petraeus was pushing for Military action . Its good such warmonger is no more as the head of CIA . I guess , more resignations are in pipeline in the days ahead .

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My consiracy theory angle on this...

Petraeus had no affair. He knew too much about Benghazi and got scared, so he plea bargained to leave the CIA under the cover of a personal issue that most of the media would accept at face value. By being a private citizen again he can invoke the 5th Amendment and not have to testify before Congress about what happened at the consulate.

I fully believe GEN Petraeus feared for his life and the safety of his family and scapegoated himself.

***Once again... this is MY consipiracy theory... pretty possible it's completely wrong, just putting it out there***

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Regarding your misleading title "Iran Hawk Petraeus," he is not a hawk but a man
who would kiss the backside of any Middle Easterner with power. That's why B. Hussein Obama liked him.
The incompetent General Betrayus said nothing when Penetta disarmed US Marines!
security.blogs.cnn.com...

More reasons to rejoice that this turn coat has been kicked out

ricochet.com...
edit on 14-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
My consiracy theory angle on this...

Petraeus had no affair. He knew too much about Benghazi and got scared, so he plea bargained to leave the CIA under the cover of a personal issue that most of the media would accept at face value. By being a private citizen again he can invoke the 5th Amendment and not have to testify before Congress about what happened at the consulate.

I fully believe GEN Petraeus feared for his life and the safety of his family and scapegoated himself.

***Once again... this is MY consipiracy theory... pretty possible it's completely wrong, just putting it out there***

BINGO!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Sorry , he Will Testify Behind Closed Doors on Benghazi attack .

Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify at a closed-door session of Congress to answer questions about September's terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya, but he will likely also be asked about new revelations that his alleged mistress Paula Broadwell is suspected of storing classified military material, at her home

abcnews

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If Obama liked him , he would not be in scandal and resigning . I believe Obama hates this guy as much as he hates Netanyahu

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There have been too many high-level guys that have been dismissed in the past few months. For some reason, I think there was a "Seven Days In May" thing going on, in which these guys at the top were possibly planning a coup against the current administration, and they were outed.

Benghazi may just be a red herring so that people don't realize how ready people in the military are to turn on their Commander-In-Chief.

Something isn't adding up about these generals and commanders either being removed or resigning. As far as "Warmongering", Obama had no trouble with keeping us overseas, no trouble renovating Guantanamo, and he just loves the idea of drones bombing the bejeezus out of people.

One high level guy, I could maybe buy the story. But more than one (now encompassing General Allen as well), I smell a coup. JMHO.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I smell a coup

Yep , I agree . Time will tell what are the real motives behind these resignation spree .
edit on 14-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Regarding your misleading title "Iran Hawk Petraeus," he is not a hawk but a man
who would kiss the backside of any Middle Easterner with power. That's why B. Hussein Obama liked him.
The incompetent General Betrayus said nothing when Penetta disarmed US Marines!
security.blogs.cnn.com...

More reasons to rejoice that this turn coat has been kicked out

ricochet.com...
edit on 14-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

After further research in General Petrseus actions, I have found that this above blog from Ricohet (IMHO) not as sound as I had first believed. Additionally, Petrseus was accepting, of the order to disarm all of the observers of the Penetta photoOp. My apologies to the retired General.
Additionally, he shouldn't have been dipping his pen in company ink. Bad form.

new topics

top topics

join