It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets All Say A Prayer For DustbowlDebutante's Son!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He seems to be quite the little fighter and is doing so well so far.

Love your new avatar!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! We can certainly be thankful for your boy's progress.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's my little fighter, now nasal feeding tube-free!

I'm so proud of him and how hard he is trying and fighting to come back into being his old self.

Again, thank you all so much!

One of my first thoughts right after this happened and folks started up prayer chains and such was "Wow, I should get on ats. There are over a million members all over the planet that I could ask to pray for him. If all of the healers, prayers, channelers, gurus, psychics and just darn good folks on here focus everything on him, there's no way it could fail!" I wish I had gotten on here much sooner than I did, but I just couldn't at the time.

Thanks again and love you all for your kindness towards my son. Will keep you all updated as much as I can

~Amber

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo, that is such a sweet thought, thank you

Between all of his friends at school, daycare and his martial arts classes, we have covered his room with cards

I counted over 70 and have probably taped up at least that many again. We have so many stuffed animals that his bed at home is covered and every spare spot in his hospital room as well.

If you do facebook, you can send us a friend request and leave him a message or cartoon for when he is ready to look back on it to see how many people cared and showed their support. I manage the fb account, since he is obviously too young and not able at the moment anyway. But the docs and I discussed it and this is the best way I could find to chronicle what happened and his journey since the accident and the doctors say that eventually he will want to know and will want to look back thru it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

What a beautiful little fighter you got

I'm glad he's doing better and to hear about the huge support you've had.

Tell him we're all thinking about him and wishing a speedy recovery.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So...how's our little fighter doing now? Been thinking of him and still wishing him well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Will's cast is off, and he sort of walks. He is turning in his good foot for some reason and then leans heavily when stepping on the leg that was broken. Someone still has to hold him up for him to walk or stand.

Mentally, he is still very confused about most things. He seems to have hit some sort of plateau in that area. We are hoping that when he gets home to familiar surroundings and people, he will be less confused and start to come around more. He gets to come back home on the 21st, so he will be home in time for Christmas, YAY!!! From what I understand, he will go to school for a couple of hours of special education, then he will have physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy every day at a local clinic run by our local hospital. Hopefully, we can get him back to himself and back up to speed. He still has a very long and hard row to hoe ahead of him before he is anything close to normal again. Brain damage sucks.

Please continue to pray for his little brain, and that the neurosurgeon will let him out of the brace on the 20th when we see her.

Thank you all for your thoughts, energies and prayers

I appreciate it all so much!

edit on 11-12-2012 by DustbowlDebutante because: more stuff

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That is so wonderful, that he gets to come home!
Will keep you both in my thoughts and my fingers crossed that being at home will bring about amazing and positive changes for him.

Hope you have the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
These things do indeed take time, but it looks encouraging from what I've seen so far.

Here's a pic to make him smile and a hug for good measure.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Big prayers for you son! And you.

(hug)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thanks! I will definitely have to show him the photo of the kitties - we both absolutely LOVE lolcats and the like

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you

And thanks to everyone in the thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

reply to post by kosmicjack

reply to post by Casandra

I've been promising an update on my son, and while I have a spare moment, I thought I'd type it up!

He has come so far that it is absolutely overwhelming when I read back thru this thread and see where we were just a few months ago compared to where we are now. My child amazes me on a daily basis.

He has been discharged by the neurosurgeon (YAY!), the orthopedist says the broken femur has healed beautifully and that he doesn't need to see him again for 6 months, and his local pediatrician has taken over management of his care.

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays he goes to school in the mornings and then goes to the hospital for therapies during the afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursdays he goes to school all day, and as of last week, he has started back to daycare after school on those days so he can be with his friends I've never seen a kid love daycare so much...lol.

He is coming along in school. He is still behind, but more and more is coming back to him and he is making steady progress. He still isn't in a regular classroom; he spends most of his time at school with a one-on-one personal aide, and she happens to be a retired special ed teacher which is a wonderful thing for us.

The neurosurgeon said I could most likely plan on seeing a full recovery, but he will probably have some deficits for the rest of his life. We just have to learn around them and compensate for them in other ways.

I want to thank all of you again. Actually, I can't ever sufficiently thank all of the people on ats and irl for all of the support and prayers you all so selflessly sent out for us. There is no doubt in my mind that prayers, good energy, angels and my son's very stubborn nature all came together and saved his life. I am forever in your debt, my friends.

edit on 21-3-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: stuff...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So happy to hear the good news! He has come such a long way!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just found this thread. What a horrible ordeal you and yours had to go through. I will pray for Will's complete recovery.

His name fits him very well

www.babynames.com...

The meaning of the name Will is Strong-willed Warrior

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You just made my day little man

Thankyou

Cody

Oh and have a

From me

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

That's so great to hear!

Thank you for letting us know how he's doing. I've been thinking about him and wondering how much better he'd gotten. It's good to hear he's progressed so much.

Send him our love and support

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I imagine, or at least hope, that this will be our final update.

Since you have listened to all the bad news, I want to share some really great news.

William is back!

For the last two weeks, the child has behaved. That is amazing on its own, but then Monday I had the opportunity to look over his schoolwork from last week (which was the first week of school). I didn't recognize his handwriting. I asked his aide if she was transcribing for him and she told me that actually he is doing all of his own work. When I looked at the nice, neat print on the pages, I was amazed. She also says he is staying focused and on task, he follows all of the rules and is keeping up with the class with no problems.

Then yesterday he was released from rehab and ordered to go back to (modified) karate classes!

So, no more rehab, no more stimulants and no more psychologist. Something seems to have clicked in his brain and now he is right back where he was before the accident. Incidentally, he had oral surgery two weeks ago and had to be put under with a general anesthetic. He has been super-kiddo ever since he woke up from it. It's as if his brain somehow rebooted. Whatever the cause, I am so very grateful.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers....and know THEY WORKED!
edit on 29-8-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
She has my support! Sending those good vibes her way and for her son.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am so very happy to hear all this good news after everything he has been through. Here's a cute squirrel, I think he will like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join