It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets All Say A Prayer For DustbowlDebutante's Son!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This has to be one of the most heartbreaking things I could read:

On October 18, my son was run over by a car while riding his bicycle, so it has been very crazy. He sustained what the docs call a traumatitic brain injury, skull fracture, 3 broken ribs, proken pelvis and broken femur. He is out of the hospital now and we are at a hospital/rehab place about an hour and half from home.

It doesn't matter your religion, spirituality, beliefs.
She really needs all of us to send positive thoughts, prayers, energy her way for her son and for her.

And from her message, it seems this was caused by a driver texting!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My thoughts and prayers......

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My prayers and thoughts are with the family.

I hope God gives them all the strength they need.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Starts channeling positive energy immediately, I'll ask the wife to have a word with her angel as she is able to speak to him directly and ask for as much positive energy as is possible for me to channel and send it on over express.

Thanks for letting us know. This gives us all a chance to put our differences aside and do what we do best, c'mon people let's debunk these injuries and help heal.

Angels on you pillows

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Horrible.

Sending positive thoughts.....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

As a parent, things like this are what I've had nightmares about.
I can only image how stressed she has to be.

Hopefully he will be doing well enough soon, so maybe she can give us an update!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with this child and the family. I can't believe people are stupid enough to text while driving!

This is so tragic and didn't have to happen!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Thanks everyone!

As a parent, things like this are what I've had nightmares about.
I can only image how stressed she has to be.

Hopefully he will be doing well enough soon, so maybe she can give us an update!

I was struck by a minivan as a pedestrian 5 years ago and this child sustained more damages than me. I was in excrutiating pain so I know this child is going to suffer for some time. I remember saying to myself that tomorrow can't possibly be as bad and the next day I was in the same amount of pain. same thing day after day after day. My heart goes out to this innocent child. I am so upset about the damned texting!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Said a little prayer.

Anything else we can do to help? Cards or letters or something? I'm all for the power of prayer but it's nice to get a card.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That is a very nice Idea. I haven't heard back from her yet, I'm sure she's very busy.
What about posting something nice on her profile?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Any news yet?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Not much, hopefully this week.
She's been driving an hour and 1/2 each way for his physical therapy, which hopefully is a good sign!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Okay, here is the entire current situation. At this point, it's been all over the local news anyway, and we live in a small town so everyone knows who we are...and I don't really think anyone on ats is gonna hunt us down and do anything bad to us. My son's name is Will and he is 8. My fiance and I had just gotten engaged and moved in together on the first of septemeber. He has 2 boys, 11 and 13 years old, and then I have Will. We had 6 weeks of Brady Bunch quality bliss...it was wonderful. I am so blessed to have my new family

Will and the 2 older boys asked us on October 18 if they could ride their bicycles down the street (about 4 blocks and then cross one street) to the park. Mr. Dustbowl deferred to me, as the youngest and most vulnerable child is mine. His kids have ridden their bikes all over town for years, and their mother is a cop, so they know the rules of the road and to ride against traffic, etc...so I felt comfortable enough to let them go. They were told to be back home in 45 minutes. About 40 minutes later we heard sirens and then the 11 year old came running to the door screaming that Will had been hit by a car. We live in Duncan, OK and while we have a nice hospital, it is not equipped to deal with pediatric issues as serious as this, so he was medi-flighted to OKC to Children's Hospital, where he received excellent care for 11 days. Total diagnosis was fractured skull, traumatic brain injury (axonal brain injury) with swelling and bleeding on the brain, bruised liver, bruised lung, 3 broken ribs, broken pelvis, broken femur and then the top two (C1 and C2) vertebrae (the ones at the base of the skull) showed separation, but no damage to spinal cord, and the tendons and ligaments in the right side of his neck were torn.

He has a cast running from his toe up to his groin, a nasal feeding tube and an aspen brace that starts at his neck and goes down to his waist.

We have now been moved to a place called The Childrens Center in Bethany, OK, which is a rehab/hospital combo type of thing. I just live there with him, since we live an hour and a half from the city. They have the convertable chair/bed things and I sleep next to his bed in that every night.

Currently, he has been moved to stage 5 on the rancho scale, his cast *may* come off today and he is now eating some pureed food. Once he is eating well enough to sustain himself and can take his meds (about 15 different ones) by mouth, the nose tube will come out. The brace will be on for at least another 4 weeks, and if his neck does not satisfy the Ice Queen (his neurosurgeon who has the worst bedside manner I've ever encountered), she is talking about a halo or fusing the vertebrae in his neck. Obviously, before I let her do anything invasive, I will be getting a second opinion, probably from Baylor in Texas. And that's where we stand for now.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Please concentrate on healing his brain - his body is healing nicely as far as the broken bones are concerned. There are parts of his brain which still do not have blood flow and won't ever work again. But the docs say there is no telling what those dead parts control or what memories they may contain. He does talk some, and has memories, but they are older ones from 3 or 4 years ago.

If there are any medical experts who would and/or could offer me any advice, I'm open to just about anything. Also, some tech guru (and I know there are some on ATS!) needs to develop an app that shuts down phones if they are in motion at a certain velocity. There needs to be a way to stop people from even looking at their phones, taking their eyes off the road for even a second, when behind the wheel!!!

This is my sweet boy, straight-A student, and former participant in 2 karate classes, 2 jiu jitsu classes and 1 sparring class per week. I know that sometimes a picture of the person can help with sending reiki and shambala, so here you go:

It's an older one from when he first started martial arts, but the newest I have on this particular computer.

As much as I hate facebook, I started him a page there:

www.facebook.com...#!/will.watson.9212

If you would like to add him, please send me a message along with your friend request, so I know you are a friend from ats.

I don't know if I broke any of the t&c's of ats with all of this personal info, but I'm not afraid to share it here. And if you DO happen to be a wackadoo who has a thought about harming me or him, I will have you know that the place he is at is locked down and guarded like a prison
They are all about keeping us safe there.

And VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Chiefsmom for starting this for me. When I wrote to her, we were having a really bad day and I was in a really bad place and couldn't bring myself to start a thread without losing it again. Thank you SO much, ma'am!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What a handsome boy you have!!! My heart just breaks for the little guy. he has gone through soooo much! Please know that he is in my heart and prayers. Thanks so much for the update and keep us posted on his progress. HUGS!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank you, Night Star

Here's the newest:

One more week in a cast, but in a different cast.

If he eats good for supper and will let us crush up his meds and put them in applesauce and take them, the feeding tube in the nose will come out tomorrow.

They anticipate around 4 more weeks there at the Children's Center

I never would have dreamed the tube would come out before the cast came off

Keep up the prayers and good juju
It is working! Looks like kiddo may well be home for Christmas

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What happened is just awful! I can't believe your innocent little boy got hurt because some idiot checked his phone, was he going to die for not picking it up?!
(Any news on what's going to happen to the irresponsible moron?)

My thoughts are with you and Will, I hope he recovers fast.

***hugs***

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So glad you had time to update and share how well his little body is healing! Will keep up the positive thoughts for his brain to do just as well.

Don't want to send out any negativity, but I will think positive that the person responsible will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and more importantly will realize their mistake and pass the knowledge on to everyone they know.

Just glad I could help, even a wee bit!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is my deepest desire that your little one is home for Christmas. I will pray and send positive healing energy his way.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No police report yet, as they haven't gotten back the toxicology report on the driver nor have they gotten back the analysis on her phone yet. I have an atty working on the situation for me, as far as finding out what's going on and when the report will be ready, but haven't officially hired him. He is a friend of my boss who happens to office down the hall from us and he is just doing it as a favor to me.

I did talk to the detective handling the case 2 or 3 days after the accident and he mentioned attempted manslaughter charges. Mainly, I just hope she is never allowed to drive again because it is obvious to me she has no business behind the wheel of a vehicle. Her own small child was in the back seat. So she takes her eyes off the road with her own kid in the car. Makes me so friggin mad....

But don't worry, I think I have the legal aspect of things covered. I have heard thru the grapevine in our little town that she has even gotten death threats. I don't want her dead.... I want a public shaming in front of the whole town, hell, even put it on national television for everyone to see. I wish nothing ill to happen to her. But putting her up on a big stage in the town square and letting me shame her and show her what she has done and how many families and people it has affected would make me feel better.

Of course, had she tried even once during this past 6 weeks to reach out and apologize or even see how he is doing, just a simple "I'm sorry, I messed up" would go a long long ways with me. The fact that she is trying to shift blame to everyone and everything else instead of taking responsibility for her own actions and bad judgement call is what chaps my hide the most. How hard is it to say "I'm sorry"???

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cast is staying on until next tuesday

But the nasal feeding tube came out just now! WooHoo! Will post the pic of him tube-free as soon as I get back from lunch!

Thank you again for the prayers, thoughts and energies being sent! It means so much to me! That little boy is the one thing in my life I have done right and he is so perfect and he is my world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join