Women assault, cut hair of Christian woman on metro

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well...now you're interpreting on behalf of the culprits. Ofcourse it is a religious hatred. What else would you concede?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by hp1229

www.newyorker.com...

There is plenty more out there, this one doesn't seem to be completely unbiased, but just the same seems to detail the incident pretty well.
And what does this has to do with Egypt and/or the current push for Sharia Law?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I really don't think that the attacked women were asking to have their hair cut.

The article said nothing about hairdressers. Everyone should be able to choose their own path, and not have someone else's personal beliefs violently forced upon them. EVER!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by hp1229

This is horrible behavior, with that said....

I find it funny that it happens to this Christian girl in Egypt and it becomes international news, but Mitt Romney does the same thing and it gets swept under the rug... no biggie.
????? When did he do what to whom?
Care to elaborate and/or post a link por favor?

Because you asked me to elaborate. Jeez I'm sorry guys. I thought everyone knew about it. I was just trying to make a quick point, it didn't need to turn into a big conversation.

High profile person does something similar and it gets ignored compared to an unknown person attacking another unknown person halfway around the world which is now news. I was just trying to draw a comparison in how the separate cases were treated in the eyes of people. That's it, there is nothing more to it... I'm not trying to derail the thread...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i`m not a big fan of the christian faith,but this is a bit extreme!
where are the good ole` days when we just fed them to the lions!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by hp1229

This is horrible behavior, with that said....

I find it funny that it happens to this Christian girl in Egypt and it becomes international news, but Mitt Romney does the same thing and it gets swept under the rug... no biggie.
????? When did he do what to whom?
Care to elaborate and/or post a link por favor?

Because you asked me to elaborate. Jeez I'm sorry guys. I thought everyone knew about it. I was just trying to make a quick point, it didn't need to turn into a big conversation.

High profile person does something similar and it gets ignored compared to an unknown person attacking another unknown person halfway around the world which is now news. I was just trying to draw a comparison in how the separate cases were treated in the eyes of people. That's it, there is nothing more to it... I'm not trying to derail the thread...
I already replied to your link/post/evidence whatever you wish to call. I appreciate that you're not trying to derail the thread but what does this has to do with Egypt and Sharia Law?
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

'Religious hatred?' Egypt 'radicalized'? Just because you said so? When did you became an egyptian judge and jury? By the way, what was their names and which court did you tried them? [/sarcasm]

Let rule of law and justice takes its course. Inflaming the situation will only create more strife and hatred for ordinary Egyptians, and Islam, unless it is religious hatred you wish to stoke here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Never mind, dude, the rest of us get your point. The problem is you questioned the hypocrisy in a religious hate thread. Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

NOTHING!!! I was just making a comparison between the case in Egypt, and something that happened here with a public figure... that's it. I'm sorry that's so hard to understand... I made my point in the first post.... I'm sorry I've upset people, but why are we still discussing this??? I was just trying to make a quick point. That's it, that's all, and now it's turned into some type of inquisition. Just pointing out some irony period. I find it hard to justify continuing to explain myself for the first post I made. I'm sorry that this is so much of an issue for you, have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I never said it was unimportant, only that this thread is not about Romney.
Start a new thread if that is your concern.
Romney's juvenile behavior has nothing to do with this news article.
PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by hp1229

'Religious hatred?' Egypt 'radicalized'? Just because you said so? When did you became an egyptian judge and jury? By the way, what was their names and which court did you tried them? [/sarcasm]

Let rule of law and justice takes its course. Inflaming the situation will only create more strife and hatred for ordinary Egyptians, and Islam, unless it is religious hatred you wish to stoke here on ATS.
Ok If not Religious Hatred on the part of the muslims then what do you think it is? When did you become a egyptian and islamic expert not to rule it a religious hate crime? Do you know the Islamic religion or movement in Egypt? Are you from Egypt? Its my viewpoint so what about it? If you have one then express it and stay on the topic that would be appreciated.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
WOW, why is it so hard to see the injustice done here?

Women are violently attacking women over their religion.

People are saying not to generalize and making excuses, but what if a Christian woman had yanked a hijab off of a muslim woman going about her business?

This thread would be 50 pages long right now.

This is about PEOPLE, we are all people right?
All I can say is this is hypocrisy, plain and simple.
ALL PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN PERSONAL BELIEFS AND NOT BE ATTACKED FOR THEM!!!

There is your Irony!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom

I never said it was unimportant, only that this thread is not about Romney.
Start a new thread if that is your concern.
Romney's juvenile behavior has nothing to do with this news article.
PERIOD.

You clearly don't understand what I was trying to say.. it didn't even have to be about Romney.

ONE MORE TIME:

It was a comparison between two events which are similar..

One perpetrated by a presidential candidate which gets ignored.

The other perpetrated by an unknown person and it becomes news.

ONE MORE TIME:

It's not even necessarily about Romney, it's about how the public/media treated one case with a high profile person, and is treating a similar case with a low profile person. How is this difficult to understand? I made this point in my very first post, if you still don't get it, that's your problem... it didn't need to be discussed further.... I'm done with this, have been done with this, but somehow you don't get any of this.

I just wanted to post one post, make one point, the rest of you keep bringing it back up so I respond because ignoring people is rude... how is this difficult to understand. I'm not the bad guy here. WTF!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

My reaction would be basically the same if it was christians attacking a muslim. or theists attacking a hindu. Or whatever. Wrong is wrong to me.
edit on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:14:57 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I think I know where you're coming from. Point well taken. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks for stating your viewpoint - admitting that the creation of this thread is to spout anti muslim hatred.

My contribution to this thread - advice you to end your hatred against muslims and Egyptians with your ignorance. And no, I am not a muslim if you foolishly thought that was the cause of my contribution. I will not standby silently and watch hate and discrimination freely spouted and freedom of speech irresponsibly used.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sorry, I did not see your other response before I posted. I had to take my son to the bus, and I don't type very fast.
There is so much of this lately though. We need to find our HUMANITY again and realize that the politics and media are only a wedge to drive between us.

It seems to be working! People need to focus on people instead of propaganda.

I really am sorry, did not mean to keep jumping on you either. Violence against women is horrible! I have lived through it, and I find it unacceptable. I will advocate for ANY woman, that has been physically attacked.
Black, white, purple, muslim, christian or atheist.

We have too much violence in the world now, and if we don't stop it, it is going to roll over all of our lives I'm afraid.

Have a beautiful day yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

How come the hair ranks higher than the broken arm?

The headline in for the article puts more emphasis on the hair than the injury? I mean, I guess it will take many months to grow the hair back and the arm will be healed in weeks, but I think it is just more proof that the press is intentionally incendiary. The hair is apparently some Christian symbology, even though Muslims believe in pretty much the same thing?

I just don't get religious wars, or religious persecution. Muslims and Christians are probably closer in idealogy than Mormons or Scientologists.

Is any god worth worshipping so jealous and vain that the mere existence of a competing religion will keep them from returning and showing mercy on their flock? How can a religious person believe what they believe, and then still believe the god is that weak?

Religious people are shameful and sinful and very poor reflections on the supposed gods they support. If I were a god, I wouldn't give them much help either!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree, and I have been trying to avoid the religion issue as well. It does not matter who is attacked, it is still wrong.

I was simply pointing out what I have witnessed on ATS recently. In all the years that I have been reading this site, I have NEVER seen so much religious rhetoric.

I see it as another tool of TPTB to further divide mankind, should we not be alert to divisive ploys because they are politically incorrect?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
edit on 14-11-2012 by woodsmom because: double post

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join