It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women assault, cut hair of Christian woman on metro

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here we go. Yet another open racial/religious attack on the christians in Egypt. Agree generally in the West, folks of Islamic faith are harassed and/or verbally abused but I'm not sure if anyone was ever stripped off their hizab and/or their hair chopped off. Egypt is definitely being radicalized at a much quicker rate.

Two niqab-wearing women assaulted and forcefully cut the hair of a Christian woman on the metro Sunday, the third such reported incident in two months, raising fears of a growing vigilante movement to punish Egyptian women for not wearing the veil in public.

The Egyptian Organization for Human Rights said in a statement that the assaulters called the Christian woman, who is 28 years old, an “infidel" and pushed her off the train, breaking her arm.

Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.
LINK
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Damn, that is pretty messed up. At least it is getting some prosecutions though, and not being totally ignored.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That's disgraceful. Appalling that there are human beings in the 21st century who still behave this way.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

link   

link   
And what does these actions say about Islam?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

That they have nutjobs like every other religion?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No... just got a posse together in school, assaulted and cut the hair off of a homosexual student. Same type of unnecessary, aggressive, intolerant behavior.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by hp1229

This is horrible behavior, with that said....

I find it funny that it happens to this Christian girl in Egypt and it becomes international news, but Mitt Romney does the same thing and it gets swept under the rug... no biggie.
????? When did he do what to whom?
Care to elaborate and/or post a link por favor?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Ah, boooo, yep I would say that is messed up too....... That couldn't have been recently I hope?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No not recently. The point is, it was hardly a consideration when people were deciding who to vote for, and pretty much got forgotten. I found it appalling, and find this instance appalling as well....

It shows a lack of character in both cases.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow, one woman gets a suspended sentence. This is disgusting! As a woman, it is horrifying enough to see men committing these acts, but to be acted out by other women truly disgusts me.

A Christian is not called upon to cover herself, so why are they being attacked?
I know the answer unfortunately, intolerance for another persons spiritual beliefs.

How many times in recent days have I seen the words Muslim hater typed into a thread?
Too many to count!!

But no response on this? What if that was your wife or daughter?
The hypocrisy is astounding to me.

I'd like to see a woman come at me with a pair of scissors!!

SPIRITUAL BELIEFS ARE A PERSONAL MATTER!!!!!
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by resoe26

That they have nutjobs like every other religion?

True True

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't like him, but when did Romney attack women and chop their hair and throw them off a bus?

REALLY?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

His policies alone where enough for me, didn't have to bother digging into his personal history

I would hate to be judged now for stuff I did ten years ago though, I am a completely different person than I was back then.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

www.newyorker.com...

There is plenty more out there, this one doesn't seem to be completely unbiased, but just the same seems to detail the incident pretty well.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

A mere few hairdressers worked on a christian woman means that Egypt is 'radicalized'???

Do you hate and fear Egypt that much?

Can I say that just because another 2 murders happened on mainstreet would mean that all americans are turning 'barbaric'?

Do be careful with the generalizations.

Furthermore, the nijab dress covers a human from head to toe, perhaps they were men insted? Not that it never happened before, and thus the reason why most humans around the world are uncomfortable with the nijab dress in public.

Ultimately, the rule of law must prevail, regardless if Egyptians opt for shariah or secular laws, none of which approves such vigilante actions. May the culprits be caught and served with justice for assualt, causing stress and harm.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You have a point there, and people do change... I contend though that though a person changes almost entirely given enough time, most of those changes are superficial and the foundation of someone's personality never changes much.... so behavior like this is still an indicator, and a big red flag.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Not about Romney, this is about muslim women attacking christian women!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I agree that this is not about Romney.....

An American politician who was running for POTUS attacked someone and cut off their hair... not important.

An unknown person attacks and cuts the hair off of another unknown person.... international news.

Just pointing out the irony.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join