It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Brave? No calling him the "N" word is racist end of discussion. Calling for his assassination is not expressing the freedom of speech, it is a blatant act of sedition!

Great, should we create a special task force to be on the street to arrest all the "brothers," that call each other this all day long?

Saying you hate the president is fine, you might even get away with calling him names, but once you start a seditious act you have violated

Perhaps this lady needs to wear an "idiot sign," too and sit right behind Obama for this next speech.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ABEVERAGE

Oh and the "N" word... It's not taboo anymore homeboy. Everyone uses it. Just youtube 2chains or lil wayne. Hell how bout Big Pun, He is puerto rican and drops it all the time.
--White folks in my area say the word too. Rather annoying but to each his own.

You must live in a rural area huh.
edit on 14-11-2012 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

There is a thread on this story; started about 3 days ago.

Here is link and what I said: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by abeverage

Just read it, I don't see how it applies.....

“Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

That's not a threat. Saying you wish someone would die is not a threat.

Look I get the point of what we say is being watched especially on FB and expresion of freedoms but the minute you use those words along with the Presidency you should expect a knock on the door from the Secret Service. The firing is only icing on her stupid cake.

It would then be up the Court to decide if it was a (most likely) vague unintentional threat. But they can and will inquire on anything that is threat worthy. She just so happened to get bumped to make it look like she is a racist nut and that you are losing your freedom of speech etc... When in fact she is wrong and if they want to push it they can and will legally...

There is a great deal of things she could have said to not come off as a seditious racist malcontent but she chose to pursue it as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Just read it, I don't see how it applies.....

“Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

That's not a threat. Saying you wish someone would die is not a threat.

Look I get the point of what we say is being watched especially on FB and expresion of freedoms but the minute you use those words along with the Presidency you should expect a knock on the door from the Secret Service. The firing is only icing on her stupid cake.

It would then be up the Court to decide if it was a (most likely) vague unintentional threat. But they can and will inquire on anything that is threat worthy. She just so happened to get bumped to make it look like she is a racist nut and that you are losing your freedom of speech etc... When in fact she is wrong and if they want to push it they can and will legally...

There is a great deal of things she could have said to not come off as a seditious racist malcontent but she chose to pursue it as well.

Yeah, like I wrote earlier. That is a BRAVE thing to do!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

eeeek. Girl is quite brave!
But getting all racist and wishing upon someones death... That's just uncalled for.
But hey, freedom of speech no?

Brave? No calling him the "N" word is racist end of discussion. Calling for his assassination is not expressing the freedom of speech, it is a blatant act of sedition!

Saying you hate the president is fine, you might even get away with calling him names, but once you start a seditious act you have violated The Sedition Act and thus revoked your 1st amendment rights!

It is not brave but stupid...
edit on 14-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I think your mistaken in your view as to what I had written.
-What I meant by brave, is that if she does indeed know of the repercussions of her public opinion... and still carried it out..... (that's brave)
Understand? Entiendes?

Got it!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Wow, I stand corrected

Off the top of my head I could only think of lincoln and kennedy. I guess because they actually died.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I guess I am just lucky then. I recall during the primaries saying that I wished their planes would collide or something like that

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Great, should we create a special task force to be on the street to arrest all the "brothers," that call each other this all day long?

Saying you hate the president is fine, you might even get away with calling him names, but once you start a seditious act you have violated

Perhaps this lady needs to wear an "idiot sign," too and sit right behind Obama for this next speech.

Not what I am saying, I know how it is said and how it is used. She used it as a racist remark no need to argue that and then wished he was killed pretty much summed up her tone.

Sayin to your buddies on a street corner "Hey that was some hot *beep* you banged last night "N" is not hate speech and you know it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I guess I am just lucky then. I recall during the primaries saying that I wished their planes would collide or something like that

Put that on your FB and then add the "N" word see how well it flies...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not what I am saying, I know how it is said and how it is used. She used it as a racist remark no need to argue that and then wished he was killed pretty much summed up her tone.

Sayin to your buddies on a street corner "Hey that was some hot *beep* you banged last night "N" is not hate speech and you know it.

I completely disagree. If I have to walk down the street and here it, I do believe it's a racist remark. If she can't use it, nobody should be allowed to. It's not appropriate in any way shape or form.

With that said, I really don't care who uses it, because it shows the IQ of people that do. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

ABEVERAGE

Oh and the "N" word... It's not taboo anymore homeboy. Everyone uses it. Just youtube 2chains or lil wayne. Hell how bout Big Pun, He is puerto rican and drops it all the time.

Yep I is typin on a teletexter with some cans connected to the innerwebs...hang on I got kick the cow gett the power goin ahgeen

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

ABEVERAGE

Yep I is typin on a teletexter with some cans connected to the innerwebs...hang on I got kick the cow gett the power goin ahgeen

I see.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I completely disagree. If I have to walk down the street and here it, I do believe it's a racist remark. If she can't use it, nobody should be allowed to. It's not appropriate in any way shape or form.

With that said, I really don't care who uses it, because it shows the IQ of people that do. Nothing more.

Look I don't want to argue this course and actually agree with you it is just a word. A word with a history and one that has been skewed and re-made by a culture. But still just a word one that often shows a lack of intelligence. Are you more concerned about her being fired by it's use or her lack of concern over seditious behavior?

Either way a court will decide (most likely in her favor lol for her stupidity)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Look I don't want to argue this course and actually agree with you it is just a word. A word with a history and one that has been skewed and re-made by a culture. But still just a word one that often shows a lack of intelligence. Are you more concerned about her being fired by it's use or her lack of concern over seditious behavior?

Who's arguing? I was just bringing up a glaring point about your thread. You keep saying she used the word, and obviously she isn't the brightest bulb around. It was really stupid of her.

Also, she said "maybe," in her wish. Maybe you will get hit by a bus tomorrow? Is that a threat to you? No, it's an unfortunate fact. See where I am going with this?

There might be more to the story we don't know about that qualifies her for further investigation. Maybe it had to do with a back and forth conversation she had with somebody concerning her comments.

I do think she deserved to lose her job, especially if she was sharing those kinds of sentiments while whipping up a shake. It's just common sense for the employer to do so, if they think having her there might cause them to lose business.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Who's arguing? I was just bringing up a glaring point about your thread. You keep saying she used the word, and obviously she isn't the brightest bulb around. It was really stupid of her.

Also, she said "maybe," in her wish. Maybe you will get hit by a bus tomorrow? Is that a threat to you? No, it's an unfortunate fact. See where I am going with this?

There might be more to the story we don't know about that qualifies her for further investigation. Maybe it had to do with a back and forth conversation she had with somebody concerning her comments.

I do think she deserved to lose her job, especially if she was sharing those kinds of sentiments while whipping up a shake. It's just common sense for the employer to do so, if they think having her there might cause them to lose business.

As always there is more then what is told. The media is whipping this up too. The way she used that word was hateful. Her comment on wishing the president was assassinated is debatable about it's intent.

Saying I might get hit and then say You wish that I get hit are different however. Wishing implies intent or desire to see me harmed. Stating I might expresses nothing even though you might wish it. And perhaps you a bus driver...you really don't want me to be hit do you?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yeah you are shooting the messenger. I was only trying to relate what I had read in the other threads. And just to answer your question, the secret service websites protect major candidates 120 days before the election. Why? Didn't have time to really dig and find the answer, but I imagine it is because they might be president. Again, and I didn't research this, but I am pretty sure it is a felony to threaten a president. A candidate, not so much, but if you kill him, and were caught, I bet it would be a felony.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Saying I might get hit and then say You wish that I get hit are different however. Wishing implies intent or desire to see me harmed. Stating I might expresses nothing even though you might wish it. And perhaps you a bus driver...you really don't want me to be hit do you?

Yes, so if you would kindly go back and look at the quoted external text in your op, you will see that she said, "maybe he will........"

To me it says what it says, but one can surmise that for her it's a personal wish.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, so if you would kindly go back and look at the quoted external text in your op, you will see that she said, "maybe he will........"

To me it says what it says, but one can surmise that for her it's a personal wish.

You are right. But the SS (Secret Service lol) will check even vague threats her stupidity was expressing it in a public media circus that is FB.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by hp1229

There is a thread on this story; started about 3 days ago.
Here is link and what I said: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks. Will notify the MODS to close this thread.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join