It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Why the double standards? After all there were countless threads and name calling during the election and debates for Romney. I wonder what the secret service did so far about the Romney threats on twitter.

News keeps getting worse for Denise Helms, the 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.

“Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

LINK
Your thoughts/comments/viewpoints/opinions please.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
eeeek. Girl is quite brave!
But getting all racist and wishing upon someones death... That's just uncalled for.
But hey, freedom of speech no?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Wishing for someone's death, although pretty mean, is not a threat......
And what is up with firings over opinions lately?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This is an old story that has already been posted here on ATS and she deserves whatever she gets. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The government wishes for 90 percent of all your lives If enough people
wish or think for something it will be.Reflect what is being directed to
you back to the source.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by hp1229

This is an old story that has already been posted here on ATS and she deserves whatever she gets. Stupid is as stupid does.

Really? Please post the thread if this is a duplicate one.
The point is what about the other threats against Romney? Anything happened to the posters of such similar threats?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Why the double standards? After all there were countless threads and name calling during the election and debates for Romney. I wonder what the secret service did so far about the Romney threats on twitter.

News keeps getting worse for Denise Helms, the 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.

“Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

LINK
Your thoughts/comments/viewpoints/opinions please.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

Of course there is a double standard. Remember all of the death threats against Bush?

I'd fire her too, having an employee like that and like that very publicly is a liablity.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well duh shes in Kalifornia! the first state of the U.S.S.A

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
As was stated in other threads, I don't think it is a crime to threaten a presidential candidate, it is a crime to threaten the President. Now, is wishing someone dead a threat, not in my estimation. Was this woman just bitter, probably. I mean who among us has never said something stupid? And just so you know, I voted for Obama.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Regardless of what you might think of the President. Obama is the President of the United States!

To suggest an assassination, is an act of Sedition! She should be thrown in prison!
en.wikipedia.org...

The "N" word although just a world could be used in a hate crime.

She is lucky she has not been charged and arrested only being fired is the least she should worry about...

An assassination will lead to Joe Bidden as President and would you really want that? An assassination demoralizes a nation and leaves it open to more attacks in a vacuum of power. I may not like any president we have had since Regan but I have wished that all of them are watched over and protected during their presidency!
edit on 14-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Well duh shes in Kalifornia! the first state of the U.S.S.A
I have relatives who lived in the East Block, and equating life in California...in the USA...with the the Soviet experience goes beyond insulting to them and way over to sheer ignorance. Read a book, eh?

As to the matter at hand, the President is the President, and Americans have an alarming propensity for shooting them. She oughtta get a good scare from the Secret Service and if her employers decide that they don't require that manner of arse on the payroll...well then, I guess she'll temper her remarks in the future.

Up here, in the Great Pink North, she'd likely be a candidate for a hate speech prosecution.
edit on 14-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
As was stated in other threads, I don't think it is a crime to threaten a presidential candidate, it is a crime to threaten the President. Now, is wishing someone dead a threat, not in my estimation. Was this woman just bitter, probably. I mean who among us has never said something stupid? And just so you know, I voted for Obama.
So if thats the case then why does the secret service provide protection to the presidential candidate? What if the presidential candidate was leading the elections and god forbid someone lived up to their threats? How would the ruling do the justice?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
...and that's why people should be careful and mindful of what they in facebook AND especially here folks, just because this is ats don't give anymore any special waivers. This site (and believe me) is monitor at all times.

And now since things are critical in this world, we must watch everything we say about tge POTUS over any device on the internet.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

As to the matter at hand, the President is the President, and Americans have an alarming propensity for shooting them.

What? That happened twice since inception, I would hardly call it an alarming propensity.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
But getting all racist and wishing upon someones death... That's just uncalled for.

Brave? No calling him the "N" word is racist end of discussion. Calling for his assassination is not expressing the freedom of speech, it is a blatant act of sedition!

Saying you hate the president is fine, you might even get away with calling him names, but once you start a seditious act you have violated The Sedition Act and thus revoked your 1st amendment rights!

It is not brave but stupid...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would expect this kind of outburst from a teenager. She's still a kid brought up by wrong values it seems. But, getting the secret service involved is just childish as her behavior. Kids her age still act up in college like their in high school.

Now, if it was someone much older than 22, say like 42, then I could see the secret service being worried.

She's angry and she's venting, that's what typical teenagers do. She probably doesn't know any better yet.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Just read it, I don't see how it applies.....

“Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

That's not a threat. Saying you wish someone would die is not a threat.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Twice, really?
Just in my life time two presidents have been shot (JFK & Reagan).
Let's not forget McKinley, Garfield and Lincoln.
Teddy Roosevelt was shot and gave his speech anyway.
Gerald Ford was almost shot, but the gun didn't have a round in the chamber.
There are at least a dozen more......

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by resoe26

Brave? No calling him the "N" word is racist end of discussion. Calling for his assassination is not expressing the freedom of speech, it is a blatant act of sedition!

Saying you hate the president is fine, you might even get away with calling him names, but once you start a seditious act you have violated The Sedition Act and thus revoked your 1st amendment rights!

It is not brave but stupid...

I think your mistaken in your view as to what I had written.
-What I meant by brave, is that if she does indeed know of the repercussions of her public opinion... and still carried it out..... (that's brave)
Understand? Entiendes?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Violating the Sedition Act doesn't revoke your first amendment rights.
BEING CONVICTED under the Sedition Act doesn't revoke your first amendment rights.
The only thing that truly revokes your first amendment rights is death - and even then there is posthumous publication so even in death your first amendment rights stand.

ganjoa

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join