It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari killed by Israeli strike!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
He was the head of the military wing that has been bombarding Israel for months.

If you wage war, you should expect to be a target.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Your facetious comments display your lack of understanding on the current situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

What I find disgraceful is how Israel tries to appease their enemies. Gaza, Lebanon, and Jordan should have been attacked a while ago.

If you permit rockets and mortars to be launched from your borders, you are declaring war.

reply to post by MDDoxs

In regards to what situation? I am trying to figure out what you are saying, but you aren't helping me out. If you call some one ignorant, you need to elaborate.
edit on 14-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
***ATTENTION PLEASE***

This is an early reminder for you all
The topic of this thread is

Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari killed by Israeli strike!

Please refrain from personal attacks and stay on topic

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Go after the ball not the player.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is why civilians will die when they allow this to happen.

Some of rockets struck in ammunition warehouse were hidden in Gaza residential building

source:

To me the military target is still a military target at this point. Civilians will die allowing and knowing this. I tend to think of them as being slightly less innocent actually and it's Hamas that should be blammed for their death along with themselves for allowing it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Well pointed, the Palestinians leaders are the ones to blame for the civilian deaths and to some extent the people too, who are abused by Hamas and still idolizes and put them in a command position.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I am tired of pointing out that Gaza is a densely populated prison on a small strip of land. Hamas are the elected leaders of that strip of land and they have the right to arm themselves against aggressors as any nation/state does.

What you call hiding among women and children, many would call living amongst your family. Imagine being trapped in a ruined city with nowhere to hide. Let's not pretend Israel doesn't attack where they wish when they please.

Israel even attacks UN observer outposts and schools and blames it on "logistical errors" even though the UN outpost repeatedly warned the Israelis of the oncoming mortar fire yet they continued to bombard the outpost.

To say that Hamas hides their weaponry near civilians would be the same as Israel having their Dimona nuclear plant bombed. There would be mass civilian casualties and it would be Israel's fault for keeping WMD's near civilians if we were to use your logic.

In the Gazan's defense, the Israelis have a lot more land to stash their weapons mass destruction so to this analogy of yours is completely unfair.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looks like response to the assasination from hammas has been made found in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The assassination has "opened the gates of hell," the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, were quoted by AFP as saying. They vowed to "continue the path of resistance."

Mosques across Gaza were packed with mourners vowing revenge, as Hamas said no tactic would be left off of the table following the strike.

"The resistance's options are now open and they include suicide attacks and quality attacks in Israel cities," Ynet cites top Hammas commander Ismail al-Ashkar as saying.

Though i am not sure if this is a formal declaration, troubling none the less.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What you call hiding among women and children, many would call living amongst your family. Imagine being trapped in a ruined city with nowhere to hide.
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If a drug dealer start to shot the police and then go hide in his own house it will be his fault if someone of the family gets shot. You have no point there.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wonder who was painting this fella's car with a laser designator? Quite the precise strike in an urban environment...

Wonder if it was a Griffin rocket? Precise and low collateral... It's going to get bumpy from now until years end...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have seen unconfirmed reports on twitter that it was a drone strike so it may have been a hellfire missile.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by jroduk

It’s a self-sustaining cycle until someone says enough is enough and one side destroys the other or they can try to negotiate.

In this region, that is the only way it will play out eventually.

Cooler heads will not prevail. On either side.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Collateral is a big problem with those 100 pound hellfires. In comes the Griffin and the Spike Missile. Very precise smaller, lighter and far more precise. Perfect for UAVs Based on the video that I saw, it did not appear that there was excessive collateral damage.

You can clearly see which way that missile was headed. The front of the car is still in tact

Good Thread! Thanks for keeping the updates current!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
JUST RELEASED!

VIDEO:

link   

So to small the land equals ok to place civilians in harms way is your excuse then? Now that's sick defending what Hamas does when placing these civilians in harms way.

So tell me when was the last time Israel lobbed a Dimona nuclear plant into another country? Is it the same as the weapons targeted here being launched so often into Israel, are you saying Israel is storing weapons there, weapons they have launched all the time into other countries?
I think not. Apples and Oranges as they say.

link   
I love Israel. In a world full of politicking, bs'ing, and beating around the bush with idle threats....they take action. Simple and effective.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Wow, thanks for finding that Calgarian.

Makes me somewhat sick to my stomach. This aint a movie folks

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Precise shot, and minimum damage with only one car close to the explosion.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman

So to small the land equals ok to place civilians in harms way is your excuse then? Now that's sick defending what Hamas does when placing these civilians in harms way.

So tell me when was the last time Israel lobbed a Dimona nuclear plant into another country? Is it the same as the weapons targeted here being launched so often into Israel, are you saying Israel is storing weapons there, weapons they have launched all the time into other countries?
I think not. Apples and Oranges as they say.

Please reread my post because you obviously did not comprehend it properly. What you are claiming that I have said is untrue. To be honest and as polite as I can, I also had trouble comprehending the majority of your post due to the innacuracy of your comprehension of my statement so I am a bit lost.

I was quite clear in my post so please do not purposely twist my words and portray them as something they are not.

Please be aware that I'm not looking for a back and forth bickering battle as these events that are unfolding are very unpleasant in my opinion so if I came off as confrontational I apologize, but I will not stand by and let you put words in my mouth.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sky news just reported Iron Dome(the israeli missile defence system)has shot down two long range hamas missiles over Ber Shiba(sorry for spelling).

Hamas are striking bad-this is getting ugly fast.

My prayers are with the innocents on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join