It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari killed by Israeli strike!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The Palestinians reported on Wednesday that Ahmad Jabari, head of Hamas military wing, was hit in a targeted strike by Israeli forces in the Gaza Strip.

Earlier, the Hamas government reported that Israeli aircraft attacked a car in the Gaza Strip, critically wounding two passengers.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment on the incident, which appeared to end a 24-hour lull in cross-border violence that surged this week.

On Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told mayors of southern Israeli cities under rocket attack that it was his responsibility to choose the right time to "exact the heaviest price" for the continual rocket fire from Gaza.

Since the flare-up with Gaza began, Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak have promised a sharp Israeli response to the rocket fire.

www.haaretz.com...

Link is from Haaretz

I have just noticed this on twitter breaking recently within the past 30mins or so. This does not look good for and type of truce or reduction in violence.

It looks like the Israeli threats of targeted killings has begun.

There are also reports on twitter that Quote -

"Qassam Brigades announce open war with Israel after the assassination of its deputy commander Ahmad Jaabari"

So it looks like there will be another barrage of rockets flying into southern Israel.

Also there where reports of four rockets fired from Egypt border and landing in southern Israel.
edit on 14-11-2012 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hmmm...I guess this thread came to be!

They considered it...and then did it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Looks like the Assasinations as described by this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... Have come to pass.
From that thread

Israel is considering resuming its contentious practice of assassinating militant leaders in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip in an effort to halt intensified rocket attacks on Israel's south, according to defense officials.

That Israel might renew a practice that brought it harsh international censure is evidence of the tight spot Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in. With Israeli elections two months away, rocket barrages from Gaza are disrupting the lives of 1 million residents of southern...

As many predicted it looks like Israel followed through. I find the following quite a pompous statement

"I am responsible for us choosing the right time to exact the heaviest price, and so be it," Netanyahu said. "Whoever thinks that they can damage the daily lives of residents of the south, and that they won't pay a heavy price for this – they are mistaken."

Interesting how the article does not mention if any collateral damage was incurred. An airstrike is quite a significant operation to conduct on a single vehicle in the streets.

Will watch for updates.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
More on the rockets From Egypt:-

JERUSALEM - Four explosions which hit a small Israeli community along the Egyptian border on Wednesday are believed to have been caused by rockets fired from Sinai, an Israeli security source said.

The incident took place in Bnei Netzarim which lies 1.5 kilometres (just under a mile) from the Egyptian border, and some five kilometres (three miles) from the southernmost tip of the Gaza Strip.

"A rocket was fired from Sinai towards Bnei Netzarim... without causing any injuries," he said initially, later adding there had been four explosions in total in the community.

"What we know for sure is that there were four explosions in Bnei Netzarim and there is a sense within the army that they were fired from Sinai and not from Gaza," he said.

The Israeli military could not immediately confirm the information.

www.middle-east-online.com...

More reports from twitter/facebook

Operation Palestine · 5,106 like this
2 minutes ago ·

Warships are visibly closer to the coastline. The Israeli airforce is flying lower over the skies. Israel has said it's going to start a new operation on Gaza. All resistance groups are on high alert and have started evacuating their sites.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

It’s a vicious cycle. I expect further violence, Palestine will respond and in-turn so will Israel.

It’s a self-sustaining cycle until someone says enough is enough and one side destroys the other or they can try to negotiate.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There are reports that the killing of the Hamas General is the beginning of a limited operation to stop terrorist activities but personally I don't think it will be very limited as there will be retaliation and that is what can escalate this situation into something that could be very big indeed!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well that is great news... Only good terrorist is a dead one. Good riddance.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So that's bibi's new tactic, tell them to come back to the negociation table or face death, how motivating.

Probably nothing will come out of it, like the time they got that other one in Dubai with the fake passports affair.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I fail to see a negative point in this operation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
I fail to see a negative point in this operation.

This is in no way representative of the rule of law.
It's barbaric.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Yeah, terrorists should be kept alive to negociate, because that's what they always do, right?

There's no point in negociating with Hamas.
edit on 14-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
More news of the killing/assassination:-

SDEROT, Israel — In response to recent violence on its southern flank, including a direct hit on an Israeli tank and more than 110 missiles aimed at urban centers, Israel on Wednesday assassinated Ahmad Ja'abari, the military leader of Hamas, the Palestinian faction that rules the Gaza strip.

Ja'abari was one of the principal targets after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, in a meeting of southern mayors in Be'er Sheva, "Whoever thinks that they can damage the daily lives of residents of the south, and that they won't pay a heavy price for this — they are mistaken."

In addition to Ja'abari, the commander of Hamas' Khan Yunis unit, Raed Attar, was also assassinated Wednesday afternoon.

Immediately following the confirmation of the two assassinations, southern communities including Sderot and Ashkelon announced a series of measures taken in anticipation of a major response from Gaza, including the closure of schools on Thursday.

Hamas announced that the assassination of Ja'abari would "start a war."

www.globalpost.com...

There are reports of active airstrikes over Gaza as I type and also unconfirmed reports of another top level Hamas assassination.

Looks like things are really going to hot up rather quickly!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Merkaba........meet............Sagger............
might tun things downside up a little this version of Cast Lead.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Thus begins another phase of violence. My thoughts are with the innocents on both sides.

Thank you for the updates.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Well that is great news... Only good terrorist is a dead one. Good riddance.

You mean like the terrorists committing these assassinations?

It goes both ways.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

There's no point in negociating with Hamas.

The Zionists in charge of Israel aren't known for their negotiating tactics either.

I see a lot of hipocrisy in the first page of this thread.
edit on 11/14/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: dyslexia

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

And I see some terrorists apologists.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And so it begins..War has never ended for the state of Israel,they are as much a terrorist regime as any other
let them fight it out,and once again nothing will change(insanity?) we all saw this coming.

edit on 14-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

And I see some terrorists apologists.

I do not see anyone apologizing for terrorists, but I have seen some members justifying the actions of terrorists, I have not once advocated Hamas attacks, but to see people cheering these assassinations is rather disturbing.

So please take a good long look in the mirror before you accuse people of something that you are guilty of yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

IDF Eliminates Second Terrorist in Gaza

Israel Defense Forces eliminated a second terrorist in Gaza late Wednesday afternoon. The deceased's name has not yet been released. The action comes following the takedown of Hamas military leader Ahmed Jabari, ushering in Operation Pillar of Cloud. Israel suffered at least 4 rocket attacks on Wednesday preceded by over 150 rockets on Israeli cities, towns and kibbutzim since Friday.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Also:-

VolunteersForIsrael ‏@VFI_USA

BREAKING:IDF Spokesman: Israel preparing for ground operation in Gaza (Haaretz)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join