It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ringing Bell Syndrome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This was sent to me. Can anybody verify this?

"These data update automatically every 30 minutes. Last update: November 8, 2012 18:19:26
UTC. This lot shows that a global event occurred starting at 19:00 and ending around 04:00.
This is unprecedented in that it shows entire globe shaking as normal earthquakes were not reported audibly. Ringing Bell Syndrome!"

Seismic Data.pdf

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't know much about seismic activity....but it looks to me as of the majority of it is on or near the ring of fire.

looks like it started on the 8th at 6:20pm and ended the 9th an 4am.
the data on USGS coincides with the data you have.

USGS

Adjust the date to the time frame your looking at.
You can see that there was a 7.4 in Guatemala on the 7th
a 6.3 on the 8th.

I think what your looking at is the ring of fire shifting slightly and blowing off pressure all over, rather than one big jerking movement. that's just my take.....

edit on 14-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: Linkage

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Same here. I don't know enough about seismic activity either.

Shifting Ring of Fire? Good thought. Does that produce similar results?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When finding out where an earthquake was, one can look through seismograms for the ealiest record of it being felt, since the shock waves do actually take some time to travel to the seismometer.

Looking through the list, this one seems to be the first to record what happened...

Alaska...

Note the shaking starts to be recorded a few minutes after 02:00 UTC on the 8th of November (start date of the 7th, but the trace runs past midnight UTC).

----

Now looking through the lists of recorded earthquakes, there was a magnitude 6.3 at Vancouver Island, Canada...
Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 02:01:51 UTC

This certainly would have been picked up strongly a few minutes later in Alaska.

And if you say this ISNT it, then the obvious question to ask is, why DIDNT the Vancouver earthquake get picked up in Alaska.

Seismometers are much much more sensitive than your average Joe realises. Even worldwide, stuff like this gets picked up.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The ring of fire is called that for a very good reason. It is one of the most volcanically and seismically active zones on the planet. It is too out of round to unscrew in a mild manner so when it does go it will be a very rough ride. There are several dangerous volcanoes in the Aleutian island chain between Alaska and Russia as well as along the Alaskan coast. And they have occasional earthquake swarms as well.

Most of us know about "the big one" expected from the San Andreas fault in California, but less known is the Cascadia fault zone off the coast of Washington state that, if it goes off again like it did a century or three back, would make the San Andreas threat look like a kindergarten bully compared to Hulk Hogan.

Considering all the threads here at ATS about Fukushima we already know how seismically active Japan is, but Japan also has some very dangerous volcanoes as well.

I am also pretty sure there aren't many people who haven't seen how many volcanoes there are on the Hawaiian islands.

So, all in all, the ring of fire presents quite a threat if most or all of it were to destabilize over a short period of time.
edit on 14-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Further to my assertion that this is just the Vancouver Island earthquake, one can see that as you get further away from the epicentre, the time the earthquake is recorded gets later...

Just running down the America, judging by eye to the nearest mess...

Oregon = 02:04
Alaska = 02:08
New Mexico = 02:08
Missouri = 02:10
Florida = 02:10
Cuba = 02:18
Caicos Islands = 02:18
Dominican Republic = 02:19
Antigua = 02:20
Barbados = 02:20
Panama = 02:20
Equador = 02:22
etc...
You can see for yourself that by the time you get to Chile and thereabouts, the mess of the recording is much further to the right of the graph.

And by the time the recording is done in China, it is so late that most of the peak is seen after 03:00.

edit on 14-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Between Yellowstone caldera,The three Sisters, Mt St helens(again)Mt Fuji, and several other possible large volcano sites around the world,theres enough potential there to darken the earth if even three went off major eruptions.
And Fuji is under eruption watch,as is Mt St helens and several other large volcanos scattered round the pacific.
The stage is set for the pole shift maybe.....?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Awesome replies!

So, nothing significant for the data sent? or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
anyone ever thought about the expanding earth theory?
i think that there may be something more to it than meets they eye.

this is my THEORY
The ring of fire may just be earths soft spot, a place that has thinner crust and thus is more susceptible
to the expansion of the earth. surely if mountains are formed by tectonic plates moving atop one another
then that material has to come from somewhere, you would think you would find more gaps around the plate boundaries.

I believe that the earth is expanding little by little, and the magma under the crust comes to the surface to cool and harden. we already know the latter to be true. But it would explain mountains and the Hawaiian islands and the constant activity on the ring of fire.

Expansion with constant mass During the second voyage of HMS Beagle, in 1834–1835 Charles Darwin hypothesized that an expanding earth could explain the elevation of the landmass of South America as shown by mountain building in the Andes and stepped plains featuring raised beaches in Patagonia. Later in 1835 he abandoned this idea, and proposed that as mountains rose, the ocean floor subsided.[2] In 1889 and 1909 Roberto Mantovani published a hypothesis of earth expansion and continental drift. He assumed that a closed continent covered the entire surface of a smaller earth. Thermal expansion led to volcanic activity, which broke the land mass into smaller continents. These continents drifted away from each other because of further expansion at the rip-zones, where oceans currently lie.[3][4] Although Alfred Wegener noticed some similarities to his own hypothesis of continental drift, he did not mention earth expansion as the cause of drift in Mantovani's hypothesis.[5] A compromise between earth-expansion and earth-contraction is the "theory of thermal cycles" by Irish physicist John Joly. He assumed that heat flow from radioactive decay inside the Earth surpasses the cooling of the Earth's exterior. Together with British geologist Arthur Holmes, Joly proposed a hypothesis in which the Earth loses its heat by cyclic periods of expansion. In their hypothesis, expansion led to cracks and joints in the Earth's interior, that could fill with magma. This was followed by a cooling phase, where the magma would freeze and become solid rock again, causing the Earth to shrink.[6]

Expanding Earth

Sorry for the wiki quote but i don't have a lot of time today to comment, just wanted to drop my thought by you all.

just because something isn't accepted by science as true doesn't negate the fact that scientists can be WRONG!
I know im leading away from the OP but i believe its relevant.
edit on 14-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Every time there is a strong earthquake, the whole Earth does indeed ring like a bell. Here is a little tutorial you may find interesting:

www.msnucleus.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Another interesting fact is that not only does the Earth ring like a bell, but after a very large earthquake (over 8.3) it can actually ring for a whole month!

Source:

Another interesting fact is that not only does the Earth ring like a bell, but after a very large earthquake (over 8.3) it can actually ring for a whole month!

Source:

gns.cri.nz/Home/Learning/Science-Topics/Earthquakes/Monitoring-Earthquakes/Other-earthquake-questions/Does-the-Earth-really-ring-like-a-bell-after-a-b ig-earthquake

(Sorry, you have to copy and paste as ATS doesn't seem to like the format of this webpage.)
edit on 11/14/12 by nobody you know because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know

Cant find a video for a whole month, but here is a video showing two and half hours after the big Japanese earthquake, as recorded in the USA.

(The timelapse video only runs for 1 and half minutes)

First you see the initial wave come in from the west (the shortest path), before then seeing the "long path" wave that has gone around the world and come in from the east...

edit on 14-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join