It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Heinz Kerry Asks if Laura Bush Ever Had Real Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
In an interview published in the USA Today, - Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry questioned if Laura Bush has ever had "a real job". She remarked "Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job -- I mean, since she's been grown up."

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, questioned whether first lady Laura Bush ever had "a real job," but apologized later on Wednesday after her remarks drew fire from the Bush campaign.

Senior Bush campaign adviser Karen Hughes said the "unfortunate" remark was aimed at dividing women.

"Teaching is a real job. Working as a librarian is a real job. Staying at home and rearing a family is a real job," Hughes said.

Heinz Kerry, a philanthropist and heiress to a Heinz ketchup fortune of more than $500 million, made the comment in an interview published on Wednesday with USA Today

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In response to a USA Today question about how she was different. She later apologized for the remarks. Bush campaign advisor Karen Hughes, termed the remarks �unfortunate� and indicated that they were aimed at dividing women. Laura Bush had worked as a teacher and a librarian before marring George Bush.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I believe Laura was a school teacher or a librarian. Both very Honorable.
Whoops going to fast here.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well Teresa Kerry should just keep her mouth shut. Didnt she marry into money?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thereby proving that Kerry doesn't support teachers and librarians...
probably says a lot about how he will slaughter the educational system even more than Bush has...
(baits hook and waits...)

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have really been surprised by some of the things that come out of her mouth. And what she said about Laura Bush showed a complete lack of respect. Heinz Kerry really needs to think before she speaks. Honestly, I feel that she would not be an appropriate First Lady.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wonder if this is Teresa's way of trying to misdirect attention from herself.... i mean if Kerry was elected president, or even as a candidate, I guess all his affair scandals would/should become public knowledge....Perhaps this is the reason Teresa is worried, and the reason why she looks so.....depressed, or discontent on most pictures and on camera.....

I also wonder why is it that Kerry's affairs haven't been mentioned "yet" by the media.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well I think they are both cool and both married to idiots. No wonder they are both relaxed. If I had a billion dollars I'd buy this board and say what I felt. Right on Teresa. She doesn't care if she is First Freak'in Lady. She is probably the only open and honest one in this campaign. And that Laura blows me away I can't figure why she holds that Dunce up. Must be the Librarian in her. I saw her on Jay Leno and was impressed by her cool.

TUT

p.s T's 1st husband was a liberal republican senator. john heinz, also skull and bones. died in a mysterious private airplane crash in the mid west. bonesman kerry married the widow shortly after and now is running with the bush bones. hang on to your WISHBONES

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That this news article had any comments other than
so...
is just a sign that this board has some sludge on the bottom...
to take anything from that comment other than
Opps... the dingy $itch goofed...
is pointless...
people seeing christ in raisins...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
That this news article had any comments other than
so...
is just a sign that this board has some sludge on the bottom...
to take anything from that comment other than
Opps... the dingy $itch goofed...
is pointless...
people seeing christ in raisins...

Am i the only one having a hard time understanding anything this member is saying?

What is your point?......

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Am i the only one having a hard time understanding anything this member is saying?

What is your point?......

I think he's saying that it's silly. It's a silly topic, and silly to get worked-up over it.

new topics

top topics

join