It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience with my neighbor's religion.[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, since we all get worried/upset/disturbed by different things, I think you should just let it be unless they ask you to get involved in something truly weird. It is very difficult to guess what they were doing at the fire though. Just standing there, apparently chanting, no dancing around or circling the fire. Sounds like a reserved group.

Remember, there is probably something about your life the neighbors find strange, it works that way for all of us. Even for a nice old man like me. A new neighbor was sorta freaked by the rather nice chemistry lab I have in my garage. At least I think it was the lab, it could have been the life-sized human skeleton hanging from the ceiling.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They seem like nice people according to what you posted.

You should reciprocate on the dinner and invite them over as that would be good manners.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nosy much??

Sheesh... how about ASKING THEM... rather than posting pics of them on a message board?? Maybe?? I have a large historic home.. filled with crazy stuff mainly because I like my eclectic decor. It was the home built by the folks who started the first spiritual church in town and it has a psychomanteum on the 2nd floor as well. I, however, am not a spiritualist. I have inherited things.. bought things... given things.. traded things... etc. Youd maybe crap if you looked in my curio cabinet with your imagination. I have a glass eye from the 1800's and a human hair watch chain along side an antique frozen charlotte doll and a llama fur stuffed llama from Peru! OMG!! . OMG.. I have an outdoor kitchen and a firepit too.. in city limits!
We have been known to sing around the fire for fun.. you know.. turning the TV off and enjoying our family together. Jesus.. you mean you take pics of folks and pass them around the internet for doing what they want to do on their own property?!

Just pokin atcha. Just ask them what you are wondering about. Id say the odds are with you they will enjoy sharing it with you. Stop taking pics of your neighbors. They might be like me and vigorously maintain their privacy and expect others to respect my space... or its on.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I mirror the opinion of the others on this thread; a direct question would be the easiest way to get your answer. You're justified in being suspicious if they refuse to answer, but you won't know until you try.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Captain Reynolds because: Forgot a period.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hello Jack, my name is Dr. Grey Ducklett and I somewhat a scholar when it comes to matters of religion and the occult. I would be happy to answer any question you might have pertaining to both subjects to help you through your understanding of what you witnessed that evening. What may appear scary or awkward to you may be normal, commonplace tradition to your, as you have suggested, nice neighbors. If you could answer the following questions I might be able to ease your fears enough so that you can approach them in an educated and polite manner:

1) What time of the evening was this fire taking place?
2) Was it the night of a full or new moon?
3) Were they wearing any ceremonial garb or using any ceremonial staves, torches, or sacrifices?
4) Did you notice any repetition in their chant, or any words repeated frequently. And to that regard, is English your only language or would you have noticed Spanish/Italian/French/Greek/etc.
5) Finally, do you know abouts how long they were performing the ritual?

One thing from the picture (it was quite blurry) was the noticeable perfect triangle they were standing it. An ex-girlfriend of mine that was a Wiccan showed me once a ritual they performed in the past where they were celebrated a new altar they handcrafted for their moon goddess (It has been a many years so I may have remembered incorrectly) and they suggested to me that the perfect angles of a triangle was symbolic of the purity of the lunar spirits.

You should never be scared of what you don't know. They very well could have been intoxicated or just trying to prank you. After you find a bit of peace, through myself or someone/something else, you should simply confront them about it, in a calm, respectful manner. Unless they are truly dark in nature, you should have nothing to fear from them. Honestly, I can understand the concern, a lot in the world has gone crazy, but they seem peaceful enough.

-Dr. G. Ducklett

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrDucklett

Hello Doctor, and thank you for taking time out of your day to help with figuring out what went on that night:

1) It was around two in the morning.
2) It was neither of these.
3) I did see one of them holding an object in their hand during the fire, but I was unable to decipher it.
4) They were repeating a certain phrase over and over again, I am well versed in Spanish, and am more than certain it was not Spanish. I am uncertain if it could be any other language outside of that.
5) It went on for about an hour when I noticed it, but am certain it started earlier than when I noticed.

Again, thank you very much for taking time to help me out.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
From your very brief answers, I would take a guess that it was most likely a simple spiritual expression ritual. These are some of the oldest spiritual traditions in many different religions including pagan, druidic and greek/roman mythology. Usually they involve effigies in the time of harvest, but have branched out to pretty much a time of fireside prayer or worship.

The artifact in hand is interesting. Any guess as to what it could have been?

Finally, when you inquired about the sword (I think it was a sword) did you note where his forefather was from or where he was a member of the clergy? Did he even suggest that it was a member of a christian order?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JackViva

Interesting.....do you know what that red light-looking thing is on the right?

Anyway, why not simply ask them? Not like, "Hey, heard you chanting around the fire, dded; what's up with that?", but maybe bring up beliefs in casual conversation. Some current event with a religious angle could be a good way to do it. Then you could lead things to talking about what they and you believe. Since this was out in the open air, it seems unlikely it's anything sinister, though I would be just as curious!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They are probably from an order of knights. They may have been chanting a prayer in Latin.
edit on 16-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
==== HOAX ====

The pic from the op is from Paranormal Activity 3
forward at 1:25:44

i was reviewing a few of my movies then i saw that scene
it reminded me the picture from this thread

so many liars in this world

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Nice catch

I never watched those movies, The destruction of Israel camera types irritate me

edit on 5-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join