It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]My experience with my neighbor's religion.[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
admin note: This is yet another silly attempt to hoax the ATS membership that has failed miserably. The picture the hoaxer managed to get was from the movie "Paranormal Activity 3" as pointed out by ATS Member Ben81.

You can see the original from the movie here:

Around 2:40.

**********************************************************************************************************************************
I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago, and I had very friendly neighbors who invited me over for dinner that night! I accepted the invitation because they seemed like nice people, but once I got there i felt a little uneasy. The decor of the house was quite odd, they had things like Italian plague doctor masks and mayan sculptures all around the living room. After talking for a bit in the living room, dinner was ready! I went into the dining room, and there was the item that off-set me the most! It was an extravagant sword of bronze and gold, like an outlandish movie prop! I brought the sword up during our dinner conversation and found out that it was a relic passed down by his great great grandfather who was a clergyman for a church. We talked some more about uninteresting things, like the neighborhood and our occupations, and then it was time for me to go.

As an avid League of Legends player, I was up late a few nights ago, and noticed out of the corner of my eye a warm glow out in the distance. It was coming from my neighbor's backyard! It was an intense game of League so I tried not to get too enthralled by it, shrugging it off thinking they were just burning yard debris. I finished the game of League and quickly went downstairs to investigate from the furthest corner window in my house to get the best look at it, and being that close I was able to hear them chanting some words that were not English! This is the picture that I was able to get:

do you guys know of any religion that this could be?
edit on 12-5-2012 by Springer because: Added the dread ATS [HOAX] tags

edit on 12-5-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JackViva

I was able to hear them chanting some words that were not English!

do you guys know of any religion that this could be?

Who cares...between the sword, bong fire, and speaking in tongues - move now!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Are they spanish at all?
Could have been Queimada ritual?? (YUMMMY)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You certainly didnt do to much to conceal yourself while taking the photo. It appears you were standing in a lit room looking through a large window....

Though I would wager it is relatively harmless, i do not think they would appreciate it much if they knew, which i am sure they do because of the previously mentioned, that you were taking photos of them.

Again, having a large fire in a open backyard and you standing in the window obviously did not deter them.

Interesting neighborhood though, i bet they are awesome at Halloween.

Interesting none the less. I am sure their are numerous religions that practice something similar, or perhaps they are avid role players?
edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Pretty interesting, Did your neighbors tell you what religion they are?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Looks like a nice fire pit. I suppose I make the neighbor nervous when I have a fire at night during a burning ban.
Maybe they are meditating, my daughter does Yoga and often chants the same thing over and over to get herself to relax. Sometimes she hums also. Yoga is not a religion as many think, it is a way to balance the energy. Even the Christians used to chant and some of the hymns have repetitive chants. Most hymns repeat themselves a few times. Ask them what they were chanting, I'm sure they will tell you. Try to understand we are all different and we can't fear someone because their beliefs are a little different.

If they are witches, they usually are good witches, very few witches cast spells to hurt others. When they cast a hurt spell, the payback is usually many times worse to them in the longrun than the original spell so will usually will not do this. Most witches are just people who love mother earth and worship her, they do not want to hurt others unless they hurt them. I am not saying that there are not bad witches, but the chances of one moving next door to you is slim.

They could also be practicing another religion or even be Christians talking in tongues. There are some churches that still talk in tongues. Was there a TV in their home? You need to go ask them and not fear them.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i think they saw your flash of the camera lol .. runnnnnnn !

thanks for sharing .. interesting
there is so many rituals .. some are for good luck (Samhain ritual at halloween)
and other very bad that bad people do

this one was maybe an old traditional ritual to pay respect to their encestors
or make protection spells against evil and to protect all the neightbors (including you)
thats why we cant judge all the rituals to quickly
edit on 11/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Stregheria

Going by the Italian things, the Mayan things Idk....However I am Italian and I am also certain I have blood relations to Spain Spanish decent, so it could also be spanish. It's nothing to worry about, as they practice do what ye will, but HARM NONE! I'd be happy to live next to them as I am Pagan and very interested in different pagan beliefs.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Stregheria

Going by the Italian things, the Mayan things Idk....However I am Italian and I am also certain I have blood relations to Spain Spanish decent, so it could also be spanish. It's nothing to worry about, as they practice do what ye will, but HARM NONE! I'd be happy to live next to them as I am Pagan and very interested in different pagan beliefs.

You're Spanish descent too? Galician?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I have a suspician I am though my family would deny it...I'll let you know, but through my research so far, I would be of decent from Spanish and Italian between Charles the fifth (Who was the first to carry my last name) married to Isabella of Spain and this is the beginning of our surname's history, however I would have to actually get DNA tests to prove/disprove my theory, however I do know many psychics told me that I do have Spanish blood (royalty at that) and also I don't know if it's Galician?
edit on 14-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I was just going to say ask them too. They were friendly enough to invite you for dinner. What you see and what you think you see are likely two completely different things, obviously they wouldnt't have been doing anything there if they cared about anyone seeing them. I have a lot of friends that speak foreign languages and after a few drinks sometimes they will sing an old song from their country. While I don't usually have a bonfire, if I'm having a party and hanging out in the back yard not one of my neighbors would understand what was being said.
edit on 14-11-2012 by KaiserSoze because: lame reason given

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You sound paranoid.

I have lots of interesting things in my apt and books, doesn't mean I'm part of some crazy religion or cult.

Sounds like your neighbors are interesting people and you are the nosey neighbor who can't mind their business. My old neighbors use to have fire pits all the time in the back yard, no biggie! They weren't sacrificing animals or anything just marshmallows.

Maybe your neighbors are pagan or spiritual and they follow certain rituals with the seasons or moon phases, nothing big about that nor is it wrong or illegal.

I wouldn't worry and I'd mind your own business.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i guess you wouldn't want me as your neighbor during the summer solstice or samhain!
i have my 'bong' (bon) fire roauring quite nicely!
you have just described the inside of my house! i have many swords,and many artifacts from different religious faiths.
the jehova witnesses dont visit me anymore because of this,and the fact i know more of their faith than they do!
bottem line is they lived there before you. the neighbors obviously dont mind them.
why don`t you ask them whats up!
there is nothing worse than judging people out of ignorance!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Does it matter WHAT religion they are?
Apparently they are some decent friendly folk if they invited you over for dinner right off the bat.
My feelings are this: I don't care how or what a person believes in, as long as their path brings them closer to God, doesn't matter what mask God wears to them, as long as that path makes them a better person, and from what I can tell from your description, they sound Pagan. If they are, that's their business, but they are apparently comfortable with it if they invite you over and have a small bonfire in their yard.
My advice is this: don't treat them any different then anyone else. If they're friendly to you, be friendly back.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I know a few people who stand around a campfire while drinking and they're so drunk you can't understand them. One fell in the fire one day while trying to put some wood in.
His jacket got ruined but he didn't get hurt....the good old days, I'm kind of glad they are over.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
geez..just because they are alittle different doesn't mean you have to freak out about it. you should however keep an eye on your pets, and monitor you childrens behavior...just to be safe.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
man, If I caught my neighbor snappin photos of me in my back yard........

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Isn't it illegal to have an open fire in a yard like that?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Isn't it illegal to have an open fire in a yard like that?

In America, only sometimes. In "city limits" it is usually illegal. But outside of that you can have a burn pit.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Interesting. Maybe they were chanting: Bud....... Wise....... errr...... We do that a lot here.

I would say your concerns are justified. There is no expectation to privacy when your neighbors (or anyone) is out in public view doing whatever, so you taking a discreet photo to share with us is no big deal, no one's identity is compromised.

It's your neighborhood in which you live, sleep and play. As a community everyone should know their neighbors and how safe you and your children are based on which neighbors are questionable,etc.

As was mentioned, most likely they may be practicing a harmless ritual based on some belief or whatever. Point is, you've been in their home, and have dined with them. So next time you are hanging out with them, ask about the things on their wall etc, which will lead to, "oh yeah, that explains the fire I saw the other night? Wow, cool"

edit on 14-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join