It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever want to live through a zombie apocalypse???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Actually, yes, because I know that it wouldn't last long, considering the speed of social media, youtube, and other net resources.

The zombie plague has been ingrained in our culture for 50 years. People from all walks of life would know exactly what to do, and I bet patient zero wouldn't even be kept "alive" long enough for the plague to spread. Sure, they would want to study him/her, but the chances of it spreading are very slim, considering what we "know" about zombies....at least from the movies and television shows.

There was a series of books that were written (and I don't remember the series, but from what I heard, they were pretty good) that talk about this zombie scenario in this day and age. Apparently all the "horror geeks" or anybody who has ever watched a zombie flick banded together and spread the word on YouTube, Facebook, twitter, and other social media outlets (the MSM and the government tried to cover it up). Because of the knowledge of zombies from the movies and television, the plague only lasted a few months with relatively few casualties on a global scale. The aftermath was that the MSM was neutered and most of the outlets (CNN, MSNBC, Faux, and the "nightly news" programs) were pulled off the air in favor of "on the ground reporting" by regular people.

So, yes, given what we "know" about zombies, I would love to live through it. Chances are we would survive just fine without having EMP's, nukes, and other such things being used.

(And besides, I would love to have a few pot shots at some "Zed's").

-TS
edit on 15-11-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
8/10. But only if it starts when I'm at home with my family.

I'm fed up of being fed lies and cheated on by the government. Something needs to happen to break this routine.

Sure you will have people looting and raping everything to survive, but you will also have people coming together creating groups and small communities. Where I live there is no such thing as a community anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, if I survived the nuke, I guess I'd try to take myself, my son my gf if they survive, and head up to alaska, and wait for the outbreak to end, i dont think the zombies would last long in an Alaskan winter, if there were any up there

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
8/10. But only if it starts when I'm at home with my family.

I'm fed up of being fed lies and cheated on by the government. Something needs to happen to break this routine.

Sure you will have people looting and raping everything to survive, but you will also have people coming together creating groups and small communities. Where I live there is no such thing as a community anymore.

Yeah, we'll see how you like it when your wife and daughters are raped then murdered before your eyes. The government might be corrupt beyond all measure, but at least you live, have a roof over your head and people you love and love you.

People are so friggin short sighted.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join