It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever want to live through a zombie apocalypse???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No. I do not think so. Think about this.
After the initial outbreak, after the months of idiots looting and raping and pillaging through villages, towns and cities. After the slow but overwhelming threat of zombies consuming everything in it's wake including those idiots I mentioned before (That's if you survived the human onslaught first).
You then have to face lack of power, supplies etc. Even if you had a decent military offensive what you are left with is bodies. Even a zombie will die. Then you have rotting, stinking corpses laying everywhere, infecting water sources, food sources etc. The smell will be very intense, the insect population will kick into overdrive, so you will face another threat.
Even if you ran into survivors, the chance are you will be killed by them, as they are protecting their own supplies OR see YOU as food.
Think outside the video game or the film.
The world will be similar but not quite like Hell.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

For this reason only because it would be sure to smash this record:

thrilltheworld.com...

2012: Although 23% of the events have not yet reported in, we estimate that there were 9,450 zombies who participated in our global world attempt this year. Final details will be announced shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Here ya go, just so you can be prepared:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm being honest when I say just about everything I'd end up doing would be severely illegal.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Oh if only it was this simple...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I'm being honest when I say just about everything I'd end up doing would be severely illegal.

I already mentioned what I'd do which is highly illegal, and can get me thrown into Ft Leavenworth if any military or government officials live, and court martialed and removal of my honorable discharge, however they may see past that and realize I was just trying to survive. lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

lol with 10,000 rounds of 223 steel core and 500 .50 AE o and dint you read the part where i can use 2 huge battle axes lol ya i think i would be fine for weeks. least i wouldn't stand around and watch zombies eat ppl i know i guess that's what most ppl would do stand there in shock as a zombie chews on your boot.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Personally, I think if something like this was planned and carried out, we wouldn't stand a chance.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Originally posted by r2d246
Lets just say for a minute that a total SHTF scenario was being planned to take place. It would include:

- A viral outbreak
- A limited nuclear war
- EMP's (so power would be out)
- Economic collapse

So if this took place you'd have to being trying to fend for yourself and your family in an end of days real life scenario. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being that you absolutely don't want this, and 10 being you really hope it will happen soon, what would you rate yourself and why?

I'd say 10 (Well let me answer this the correct way since most people are forgetting to rate)

Now let me explain why. The title of this thread says " Would you ever want to live through a zombie apocalypse???" and the truth is I wouldn't mind living through one as long as the key word "live" is apart of it. So that means I survived all of the crazy shtf stuff and zombies woot woot that would be epic.

However if your question is would I want to go through a zombie apocalypse not knowing if i'm going to live or die then thats a whole different story. IMO I think a zombie and or zombie shtf scenario is the worst apocalyptic scenario and I wish something like that never happens.

Ps Did the new Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 zombies mode make you think of this? That game is super epic and speaking of which I think I have some zombies to go kill and some noobs to pwn
would anyone like to join me?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Can't say I want it to happen.. so not sure where on the scale that puts me.. But lets see, pilfer a decent sized sailing boat, aim for a catamaran and head for a small Island, live off the land, sounds possible and nicer than shopping at that supermarket on the weekend.

If no boat, then go for the nearest castle.. there is one at each end of the small valley I live in.. if that is a no go, try for one of the WW2 bunkers on the hill opposite.. I always think, where there is a will there is a way..

So armed with my awesome will (makes up for the lack of guns you see) I think my family, friends and whoever I might meet that is not a zombie have a chance, and as long as their is a chance I guess I'll keep plodding on.

Although I think I am going to have a hard time telling the Zombies from the locals around here

edit on 14/11/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Zero. That's what video games are for.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
YES PLEASE!! Make the virus and infect the first person.

Life is too easy. Survival of the fittest isn't working anymore. IT SHOULD! I want to fight for survival and I will accept defeat. I need a challenge. I am bored.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by nightbringr

That's all you this about hey? No thought add to the horror if watching those you love die or suffer?

I can only assume your alone in this life. I pity you.

I have a dog that'd I'd hate to lose.

Maybe I have some mental disorder or something but friends and relatives have always been an obstacle. People who arent friends or relatives even more so. They just take and make demands and order you around with their numbers.

The collective is a blight that cant die soon enough. Pity me all you want, that's fine. Just do me a favor and stop trying to run any life that isnt your own.

Just find it amusing that you believe you would actually be better off,I suspect your very young and still in the "nothing can hurt me" stage. Dont think you have any clue how bad being eaten alive might hurt. Or the panic and fear. The zombies will kill everyone else, and you will be just fine, right?

Just so you know, the zombies would only be one worry in this scenerio. Other survivors could be just as, if not more dangerous. Please think.
edit on 14-11-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The only bit of living though some sort of apocalypse that I do not look forward to is having to euthanise my wife when she runs out of the medication she needs to live. Other than that, I actually look forward to that kind of life because people like me will always be in demand because of our time in the military and the thought of being able to kill without worrying about my immortal soul (because zombies are already dead, so it isn't really murder) appeals to me.

I haven't killed for many years mind you, so I do wonder how long it would take to be comfortable with it again.

Rev

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
YES PLEASE!! Make the virus and infect the first person.

Life is too easy. Survival of the fittest isn't working anymore. IT SHOULD! I want to fight for survival and I will accept defeat. I need a challenge. I am bored.

He says as he sits in his comfy chair on the internet eating cheesy poofs. If you meant what you said, you would already be living of the land in a log cabin with no phone or internet.

But its easy to talk, right?

edit on 14-11-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well if i dont have any children between now and the beginning of a shtf scenario then yea.. Id do pretty well for myself in a zombie Apocalypse. Id just hope for the walking dead type zombies and not the 28 days later kind.... that would suck alot.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE....
I would fight
for my right
to parrrrtttttyyyy!

WINNING!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
But seriously.... Well I guess in a weird way it would be the ultimate survival test. I think many would just give up actually. Mind you when you start to get hungry, it would actually kick in your basic primal reptilian mind and survival instincts and you'd be driven to find a solution, whether it be finding food, shelter, safety or whatever. I guess in reality I value comfort too much. So as wild an adventure it sounds like I'd opt for it not happening. It's too much into the extreme. I'm too lazy and soft, I'm not sure what chance I'd stand. I know enough to get by for sure. But I don't think I'd have the strength or stamina to make good on what I know. I'd rather find the video game and play that. ha ha.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Just find it amusing that you believe you would actually be better off,I suspect your very young and still in the "nothing can hurt me" stage. Dont think you have any clue how bad being eaten alive might hurt. Or the panic and fear. The zombies will kill everyone else, and you will be just fine, right?

Just so you know, the zombies would only be one worry in this scenerio. Other survivors could be just as, if not more dangerous. Please think.

If you must know Im hovering around the half way point of my life if longevity averages can be trusted.

I know things can hurt me. I've been involved in several wild animal attacks. They sucked.
My job has me dealing with angry, irrational and violent people every day. They suck.

I can deal with both however.

What I cant deal with is some government back paramilitary force coming to enforce an arbitrary debt decided upon by some government employed assessor pointing guns at my head, telling me I'll be out in the street, threatening to take everything I have worked so hard and saved so long for because they want money and hordes of current zombies support that extortion politically.

My shack is at the end of a long dark dirt road not near anything any looter or scavenger would ever head toward.

My day to day life is under constant threat as is the lives of millions of seniors, millions on budgets, millions who have lived within budgetary constraints who cannot simply print more cash when needed as the government can because property tax is arbitrary, can be adjusted on the fly and is enforced with violence, threats, and confiscation.

I'll happily take my chances with the zombies or a plague or a nuke or whatever will get 90% of the earths population off my back.
edit on 15-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Zero.

Anybody that could wish for that amount of pain, misery and death on other human beings is either talking trash, mentally ill or both at the same time.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Zero.

Anybody that could wish for that amount of pain, misery and death on other human beings is either talking trash, mentally ill or both at the same time.

Now that's funny right there. This world is run by the majority wishing pain on the minority. Everything is an exercise of might making right.

I appreciate wishing only the best for everyone and everything but when everyone and everything is wishing you harm (and they dont even know it) you can only smile and take it so long before you start calling the meteors down just so you can get some rest.

So many people just want to be left alone but the system just keeps pushing and pushing and pushing until it gets the reaction it wants.

You keep kicking a dog in the face you cant be surprised when it bites you. But the majority always is. Surprised and shocked and they move to put the dog down.
edit on 15-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join