It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Millionaire Adopts Girlfriend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Did a search here and nothing came up.

I'm at work right now so I don't have the time to research for updates, as this story is a bit old. Again, this story is a bit old but it can have legal ramifications, as in other men wanting to do this for similar reasons, so I thought I'd share it here.

www.chron.com...

I understand that, ultimately, a marriage is a legal arrangement, but this guy took it to the next level. I'm on the side of the judge on this one in that the whole thing is pretty surreal. It's pretty obvious that he did it to "protect his assets"
, because of his legal issues, so what do you guys and gals think?

Questions, comments, concerns?

edit on 14-11-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Questions, comments, concerns?

After reading the article, and learning about the pending vehicular homicide trial against him, I have to wonder if he adopted her so that they can't subpoena her to testify against him. I know they can't make a spouse testify against the other. Is it the same for a child?

Actually, if that were the reason, he could have just married her instead! Must be access to the trust fund money! Sneaky, eh?

I guess he can ask her "Who's ya daddy?" and get a literal answer...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Allz I can say on this is----->
I do believe its all just a loopholes but such things are always and ultimately about the same thing...The Benjamins.

new topics

join