It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something moving on my bed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hello all, this is really the first thread I've started so please go easy on me ha ha.

Okay, as of late I've been experiencing something unusual, so I'm going to present it to ATS in as much detail as I can. I'd like to hear what you all think, and I will explain what I've tried and has not worked. I can't say the experience is all that worrisome, how ever if you think it's something of concern I'm willing to sort it out, even if that means psychiatrists and medication.

So, this has happened more than a few times through out my life, but it seems it's become more frequent. It got to a point where I kind of expected it and could ignore it, but now it's annoying. When I lay in bed trying to sleep, I feel movement on my bed. I had a cat probably 4 years ago, that got eaten by coyotes, and every so often I would feel this sensation on my bed very similar to when he would jump up. Just a subtle jiggle, or bump and that would be it. The first time it happened I assumed exactly what it felt like. I had thought perhaps my cat had not fell victim to the yotes like so many other cats in our neighborhood and he had come in the window which was open(summertime). I turned on the lights, looked around the room and just thought I must have kicked weird or the covers settled strange.

So this sort of thing would happen now and then, and I would chalk it up like it was the cat's spirit come back to visit me, and chuckle to myself. Now, my house is not old. We purchased it literally as it was being completed, and the neighborhood continued to develop around us (This is why there are so many coyotes, the area used to be forest and fields.)

Lately, how ever this is an every night thing. Pretty much as soon as I've turned out the lights, settled and got comfortable I will feel a thump on the bed, and sometimes what feels like something light taking a few steps around the bed. Sometimes close enough to me I swear the covers move a little bit as if a cat or something roughly the size of a cat were delicately walking on the bed trying not to disturb me. I would sort of ignore this, think nothing of it how ever it sort of freaked me out about a week ago when I felt the same sort of disturbance, and it walked up the bed carefully, ( past my back, I was laying on my right side.) around my head and felt and sounded like it jumped off onto the floor. I sprung up, turned on the light because this was more than it's ever sounded like. I'm used to a thud, a few gentle steps and nothing more.

Now, it's still possible if you believe in such it's the spirit of my cat. I've prayed, as so many suggest asking god to keep me safe, to cleanse my body with love and white light relieving all negative thoughts, feeling and energies( I feel pretty good, warm and fuzzy after this.) At which point I pray and ask for Jesus to watch over me, thank him for all I have, and for his forgiveness of my faults and short comings.) Then I go further and ask the angels to watch over me. Specifically Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, and Raphael. I've smudged, I have a piece of black tourlamine, Selenite, a rather beautiful piece of green calcite, and a Amethyst Geode on my night stand. I'm not particularly religious, but I had an experience in which I saw an Angel, which has sort of led to the incorporation of praying to god, Jesus and Angels.

None of these experiences have ever gave me an ominous or frightened experience. I've tried Lesser banishing rituals, white light visualizations, asking my guides for protection/guidance/cleansing, and these experiences still take place.

I don't want to hear religious scripture or banter saying I'm possessed or haunted by demons, because I've tried your avenues of solution. Lords prayer doesn't change it, asking god, Jesus doesn't change it. I have for about a year now accepted them into my heart and make prayer a regular practice, how ever I choose not to follow a "faith" other than my own relationship with them.

I don't know how to react to the situation, and I'm posting one to share my experience, and ask others if this should be of concern. It doesn't freak me out, it doesn't make me feel upset or scared, but I have begun to feel a tad annoyed at times, because as any individual when your trying to go to bed feeling something on your bed both wakes you and sends your mind wondering the possibilities.

I've had more negative paranormal experiences in the past, as well I've had a few close calls of my own. I just don't know what to think about the situation. Should I be concerned? I'm not at the moment, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm just crazy or have a sleep disorder. LOL Now I'm rambling.

Please, discuss.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Just thoughts,

Try praying to a specific angel. Perhaps they have time to listen.

Get a puppy, German Shepherds are quite sensitive in this way.

That's all I got, sorry

P

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Okay freaky as hell because that happened to me once. Although I don't have a cat and I don't own pets. I have issues with pet dander and I believe all animals should be free and not enslaved in homes as toys and pets. Anyway. That's irrelevant to this topic.

I had moved into this ladies house as a roommate without doing any research on her. I was desperate. She had a nice condo and I had my own room and bathroom so I had total privacy. Anyway, the day I moved in I noticed several feral cats running around all over the entire condo complex, like they owned the place. There were about 24/ 4 condo units That night, I was laying on my stomach and I swear I literally felt a cat walking all over my back. I raised my heard and looked behind me and saw nothing. I got so scared.

That was the first and last time that ever happened , but I discovered later that they lady was into some weird religion and she would chant and scream at herself like she was having a conversation with someone. She would change her voice all wicked and then plead with herself. I could hear her from her room. I eventually moved out.

Anyone you know into weird religious stuff ?
edit on 14-11-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
sounds like the ghost of your cat ... like humans animals can also become ghosts when they die .... seems harmless from your description would say its there more to watch over you - cats can be great gaurdians... anyhow before lose track of what was going to say ... rather than try to get rid of it would just set out one of its favorite snacks and toys as a thank you for caring enough to stay .... unless they cause serious trouble its better to just let ghosts be.... nice first post s&f

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
ive experienced something along the same lines as you
both me and the mrs have been sleeping at night
when i felt the bed ever so slightly shaking
as i awoke the bed stopped shaking, but i know it was shaking and not just a dream
it wasnt until months after that i told my mrs about this and she looked at me slightly anxiously/worried
she then explained its happened to her not just once but twice.
Now im not freeked out by it but she is
i put it down to a few things
1- its one of mine or hers muscles spasming (spelling) like i get in my eyelids at times
2- i could of been scratching which resulted in the shaking and waking me up
3- something i cant explain

whichever one it is it dosnt faze me in any way
i just keep telling the mrs its a spirit entity humping her leg

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Lift the mattress and check for bugs.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

Those would be some mighty big bugs but this made me chuckle. Thanks for the troll.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Ha ha, I have both a coon hound and a Dalmatian, but they have a spare room to themselves complete with toys, beds and pillows. They do act strange at times, but they don't go in my bedroom and both are hyperactive, easily excitable breeds. I've witnessed the Dalmatian attempt to stare bees to death, so I'm sure she'd be right on an intrusive spirit. Perhaps it is the spirit of my cat. It's a warm thought, I just figured I'd share the experience and see who else has had similar occurrences.

I do pray to specific angels at times, it depends on what I'm trying to say, look for. It usually breaks down into a long ramble of me reasoning to myself before pretty much thanking the Angel, professing my love and going about what ever it was I was doing.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

No, not that I can think of really. I mean, it's hard to say because who knows what some people do in the privacy of their homes. I don't think anyone I know is into anything weird..

That's a rather freaky experience you had there, I would have been jumping out of my skin taping pillows to my body and grabbing the most threatening looking object for a weapon and ran out of there faster than the flash.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

See, I've kind of wondered this myself. Perhaps, I'm just twitching or kicking my foot ever so slightly, and because I think the event is strange I distract myself even more from something completely normal. I've also given consideration to the possibility I might be drifting ever so slightly off to sleep and it's a dream/hallucination. It just seems strange how quickly I experience it. It's quite literally as soon as I get comfortable and I've never been one to hit the pillow and knock out. I usually lay there for a while thinking, have songs stuck in my head or pondering what I'm going to do the following day. Takes a bit to get settled you know?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have this same problem. It's been going on for several years, but not frequently. There's no certain time period for it to occur, maybe 2 months, maybe 2 weeks. It feels like a cat very gently walking across the bed, but when I look, nothing there. I posted this in a thread months ago and it's still happening. I saw a documentary on the paranormal and a woman having this same thing set up a camera in her bedroom. Give that a try if you've got one.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I have had this same feeling, only occasionally, for about 4 years now since moving back to my mothers place. It feels as if something is just slightly moving the covers or lying next to me by my legs. It's not a huge movement like it is a person..just as you say like a cat or similar. The first time it happened I put my hand there to feel but nothing.

Now if it happens, I just turn over and ruffle the bedclothes and ignore it. I am a good sleeper so that helps. Nothing else has ever occurred to me whilst sleeping although a few strange things have happened elsewhere in the house but I have never felt anything was here to hurt me in any way..quite the contrary ..in fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Oh wow..just seen your post...we said the same thing at the same time!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

So, this has happened more than a few times through out my life, but it seems it's become more frequent. It got to a point where I kind of expected it and could ignore it, but now it's annoying. When I lay in bed trying to sleep, I feel movement on my bed.

Maybe what you feel is one of these:

LINK

The rats found a portal in a place you might feel most vulnerable: the toilette.

They can be as big as a cat!

"I was shocked. It was every bit of 12 or 13 inches. It weighed two to three pounds," Bealer said.

LOL, just thought I'd ease your mind about a ghost cat. This would be worse, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Aha, another good laugh. No, I don't think rats could get into my room from the bathroom, but I'm sure K-9 and K9-2 would handle them quite well. Their bedroom door stays open, and is closer to the bathroom.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I do have a camera I could try this with, but as soon as I thought of doing this after reading your post I immediately had paranormal activity style thoughts. I'm satisfied with feeling the disturbances, and hearing others stories. As I've said it doesn't feel malevolent, and I don't want to see any other crazy # that goes on when I sleep. For all I know it's (puts on tinfoil hat) the greys checking to see if I'm asleep, so they can sit on my head while I sleep and play cards, while having a dance party in all my clothes. (takes of tinfoil hat)

All seriousness though, I think feeling the covers move and seeing it on camera would add a whole other level of weirdness to the experience.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

This is pretty much what I try to do when I experience it. It's just happening more frequently these days, so I figured hey I should present this to ATS. I'm humbled in knowing others have experienced pretty much the same thing. Thanks for your input/participation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have never thought to say anything about it till I saw your post. I told one of my daughters but felt a bit silly saying it but maybe there is something to this. It will be interesting to see if any others feel the same thing. I was shocked when somebody was writing the same thing at the same time as me.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have had bed "visitors" for years. I don't know what else to call it.

When I was little I would get the creepy feeling something or someone was in my room but there wasn't anyone there. I'd cover my head with my blanket so I didn't have to look. Then I would feel like something or someone just sat on my bed. It moved and you could see an impression on the bed. The house I grew up in was creepy and the house next door was haunted. I had a lot of odd experiences in that house as a kid, sleep paralysis and things I cant even explain.

Now FF a couple decades. I was living in a penthouse condo on the top floor and all the windows were sliding doors. The window treatments my roommate had on the doors were not like normal vertical blinds. They had a sheer cover over them and they were all connected at the bottom with those metal pull type things you see on fans or lights. The things you'd pull to turn it on. Sorry for the bad description but anyways. I was sitting in my room reading online and IN ATS chat. All of a sudden I got this chill and the blinds literally moved OUTWARD like something walked thru them and well for them to move like that on their own would have been IMPOSSIBLE with their design. No storm ever made them move so this was definitely something unexplainable. Well after the blinds came out the corner of my bed sunk in like someone or something sat there. I got chills and yelled out loud. "You are not welcome here please leave I"m not in the mood." I had a very uneasy feeling that entire night. I don;t know what it was but it creeped me out!

I call them bed visitors because I dont know what it is and I can feel and see as if something or someone is on my bed. The comforter has the sinking look like when someone sits on a bed and I get that hair raising feeling because I can sense something in the room. My old apt that was a 100yr old house gave me some uneasy feelings in my room constantly. My bed actually moved which made me immediately wake up and go WTF just happened. My fiancee was taking a nap one day when I wasn't home and he was creeped out and thought he was going nuts because he had the same thing happen. I told him he wasn't nuts it's happened to me before. Another thing I didn't really pay much attention to was my cat and her behavior in the house. She was a new pet so I thought her behavior was normal because she didnt know the place. She always HID under the bed. She didnt like to come out and if she did it was during the day and she usually would be right next to me. She would hiss and stare at the corner of the living room. One day she tried to run out the door and I picked her up and walked her outside my door. It was an old house converted to apts to outside my door were the steps to the attic. Well I walked up the steps about half way and she went NUTS! Her hair stood up and she started to growl and hiss. She never did that before. I don't know what it was about that house but almost everyone who came there got an uneasy feeling. I did but it really didnt bother me all that much because of my paranormal type experiences. Everyone else didn't like the house or the feeling they got in it. I am now in a new place and my cat is a completely different cat! She is always running around and playing like a cat should. She doesn't hide or hiss or act like she did at the old place. She is much more social since we moved....

Sorry for going on lol this subject has always interested me because of my experiences. I still have my bedtime visitors as I call them. Just about a week ago I thought my cat jumped on the bed and when I looked she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I aways get this sensation that something is there when it happens and it does freak me out a little but i just say quietly GO AWAY. It works to an extent but "they" still come back. I think if i ever saw something I'd have a heart attack.
edit on 11/14/2012 by mblahnikluver because: grammar.

edit on 11/14/2012 by mblahnikluver because: spelling
should have proof read!

edit on 11/14/2012 by mblahnikluver because: bad blah

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hi OP,

great thread, so starred and flagged :-)

A few years ago I used to regularly experience a cat jumping on my bed (didn't have a cat at the time). I would feel that thud of them jumping on the bed and then they would walk up to about half way, level with my arms. Then they would do that normal cat thing of treading around until comfortable. It felt solidly real and I even came out in a rash on my arms (I'm allergic to cat fur). It would feel quite disconcerting, sometimes would startle me and I would jolt myself to get the 'cat' (or whatever it was) off.

I also experience someone/something sitting at the bottom or side of my bed. This is going on at the moment. Also sometimes I come round from sleep and am aware someone is hugging up to me (but no one is physically there!). Can be a bit freaky at times!

Cheers,

Aelf

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join