It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Poorest president’ donates 90% of his salary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Leading by example is usually the best kind of leadership. If more people thought that way there would be a lot less poor suffering people in the world.

I think he should take it one step further. He might want to consider setting up a food and education center. Learn how to read and write while also getting a hot warm meal made with love.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
lead by example, thats why our presidents are always fail.

this man should have gotten the nobel peace prize, not our scum bag who continues to kill people, what kinda f ing peace is that.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
While giving your salary away sounds good, it's actually a bad thing for a politician to set the bar at giving away their salary. It all but ensures (especially in the US) that one has to be wealthy enough to have no income, or to sell out to corporations that donate you things to make up for no income. Pay rates that leave people comfortable are the ones that lead to the least amount of corruption.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Imagine the people that would think twice about spending $100,000 on a car if we had a leader like this.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Amazing speech. Left me speechless.
Hopefully mankind will wake up someday.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Right on El Presidente!

Now if we could transfer our country to do the same thing until it gets rebalanced. Although leeches will always be leeches...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
That's how real men do it. Death to all devils. Allah sees everything.

Giving your wealth to the poor is on another level.

plays Nas, "Last Real N*gga Alive"

He's purchasing happiness, peace and well-slept nights while giving to those with less - triple kill.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i almost exceeded my allotted amount characters in a rant about my government, the u.s., bashing them about the money they're paid but knew it'd only fall on deaf ears but rather than not post at all i just wanted to say this guy gives me a little more hope and inspiration in humanity because it's a scarce thing here. all the recent talk about texas seceding from the union.. i most times wish i could secede from the human race! we're so F'ed as a country. Thank God for people like this guy and hearing stories like this one because it helps. thanks for taking the time to post it op because i probably would have never heard about it.. stuff like this gets squashed because it just makes people think and that's frowned upon in general most places.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I watched this vid of him the other week....

This is an amazing speech and so true. What an amazing man and he seems so humble.

I can't believe I gave the first star for this video. If you haven't listened, do yourself a favor an listen. He knows what is wrong with our world.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
kudos to him, now the rest of the elite

first and last time im hoping sheeples come out and do the same thing

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Uraguay leading the way !

what an amazing man !

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
And to think, British MPs are still finding ways to fiddle the tax payer with their expenses claims despite being paid more than twice the national average.

If I were to stand as an mp. I would stand on a ticket of being paid the national average, with any expenses being published weekly. I would only use standard travel and use only public services for health and education. Only then could you have any appreciation of the people you are meant to represent.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Imagine the people that would think twice about spending $100,000 on a car if we had a leader like this.

That's not good for business though and why you'll find no leader of a western nation saying or doing such things.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

At first I thought "Sure.. he's probably one of the richest people in his country anyways.." turns out I ate my words:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

2010 article pointing out that the only asset in this World that he owns is a 1978 VW Beetle.

His wife owns a house and a small flower farm.

Leftist fighters who literally are leftist. That almost never happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

"While giving your salary away sounds good, it's actually a bad thing for a politician to set the bar at giving away their salary. It all but ensures (especially in the US) that one has to be wealthy enough to have no income, or to sell out to corporations that donate you things to make up for no income. Pay rates that leave people comfortable are the ones that lead to the least amount of corruption."

Um, did you just get off the boat? LOL some of these politicians are making 100k plus a year or more how much more do you need, and look at our country! Trillions in debt hahaha

They shouldn't be paid a damn thing, the positions weren't meant to be a profession, you are supposed to volunteer service because you see that you can make a difference in town,county,state, or country PERIOD!, not make a career out of it. When politics becomes a career, you end up with useless people because they will do what's needed to keep food on table, especially at 100k or more, hell there are people that aren't even politicians making more than 300k in Rhode island lol on the states dollar of course.

"that one has to be wealthy enough to have no income, or to sell out to corporations that donate you things to make up for no income"

with lobbyist in play that give tons of money and secret perks you will never get away from this until lobbyist are abolished.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

That man is trying to buy his soul back. Do any of you even tried to find out his past? He was, and still is a Marxist, he was a "guerrilla fighter" who joined in the 1960s the Tupamaros, a revolutionary guerrilla set up following the footsteps of the Cuban revolution. That "Pesidente" was part of this group which was known to execute people. Not only is/was he a marxist but also a nationalist.

In fact the Tupamaros, and Jose Mujica among them, were using terrorism to take by force the "democracy" set up by the people in Uruguay and to implement a Marxist dictatorship similar to the one in Cuba... His group was similar to the Basque terrorists of ETA, or the FARC of Colombia. They committed robbery, kidnappings, bombings, and murder.

If you all only understood Spanish so you could hear directly from members of his group how they were... But of course, instead you want to believe the lies he wants to project to the rest of the world, just like the castro brothers have done, and like Chavez...

I will try to see if there are any translated videos about the truth of this man.

With the past this man has, I am sure he has a lot of connections that give him money in other ways...

edit on 15-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I watched this vid of him the other week....

What an amazing speech, this is way beyond donating 90% of his salary. Mujica is saying the inconvenient truth on our civilization on the public stage. We can only hope and pray the other leaders of the world will listen to him, and won't like he suggests, prefer the market over common sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

New Zealand prime minister Jon Key once donated a year of salary to charity.

There are still some kind heartened leaders out there today, just not enough

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't JFK donate his Presidential salary to charity?

Good, genuine presidents/prime ministers/politicians are now extinct in western politics. They've all been wiped out by corruption.
edit on 15-11-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

Um, did you just get off the boat? LOL some of these politicians are making 100k plus a year or more how much more do you need, and look at our country! Trillions in debt hahaha

I'm sorry but $100,000 a year is not a large salary. This is especially true if the person has a high level of experience and expertise. Maybe you live in a small provincial town?
edit on 15-11-2012 by deessell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join