It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA admit anti gravity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I was watching NASA tv at 11.30pm to 12.30am gmt last night. A really interesting show on what advances in flight technology produced by NASA were having on safety.. They talked about forward facing Doppler radar, the very first Boing 727 used for many tests including windshear testing and ramjets.

At the end just before they switched back to the presenter they had a woman on talking about where it was all headed and she let slip, I'm sure without realising, that they were testing anti gravity.

I've tried getting back to it to put a link on here but I can't figure out how to put a link from a particular program on NASA tv. CN anyone figure out what the program was that I was watching last night by looking at the times and find a link to that particular program.

It was a really interesting program made all the better for the anti gravity slip at the end.

edit on 14-11-2012 by paulmac because: Added pst time

edit on 14-11-2012 by paulmac because: Not sure what time pst

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would be very interested in seeing this press conference, cant help you unfortunately.

I will await with high anticipation however for someone to do some magic and find the video

Namaste

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by paulmac

How do you know that she "let it slip" without realizing? Was she like cut off in the middle of a sentence or something?

I am just curious as to what exactly made you assume that it was not an intentional statement.

In any case, I too would like to know what exactly was stated.

Also, a quick google search and I found these.

www.enterprisemission.com...

www.slate.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's worth visiting NASA TV from time to time, they often repeat their programs.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Anti-gravity research is one thing. Creating a device which actually does anything is something else.

The Institute for Gravity Research of the Gode Scientific Foundation has tried to reproduce different experiments which allegedly show an anti-gravity effect. All attempts to observe an anti-gravity effect have been unsuccessful.

The foundation has offered a reward of one million euros for a reproducible anti-gravity experiment.

www.goede-stiftung.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
NASA's Marshall Spaceflight Center in Huntsville Alabama has been (relatively) openly working on "Gravity Modification" for decades now.

I say "gravity modification" (or even "gravity manipulation"), because the term "Anti Gravity" has a negative connotation as simply "science fiction stuff". The scientist don't want their work to seem pie-in-in-the-sky, especially to the people who are providing the funding, so they gave it that clever new title.

Here is a brief of one of the things being researched:
"Exploration of Gravity Modification by Josephson Junction Effects in Magnetized High-Tc Superconducting Oxides"

There is also this on "Breakthrough Physics" research:

Breakthrough Physics

The Advanced Space Transportation Program and NASA’s Office of Space Science are sponsoring basic research on the leading edge of modern science and engineering, such as gravity manipulation, space and time warping and theories that might enable faster-than-light travel. NASA is examining futuristic technologies in search of a breakthrough in space transportation, similar to the silicon chip breakthrough that revolutionized the computer industry and made desktop computers part of everyday life.
[color emphasis mine]

As you can see, NASA openly discusses that they actually spend at least a little time and money looking into things like gravity manipulation, space-time warping, and faster-than-light travel.

Source:
Advanced Space Transportation Program: Paving the Highway to Space
[scroll down to the end of the page]

As for the TV show you were watching: It sounds as if it was a prepared TV show (i.e., it was taped and NOT a live program). Therefore, I doubt anything said that was terribly secret would have aired.

edit on 11/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If it wasn't live than it wasn't a slip.
I wasn't aware that there was any secret regarding researching new technology including anti-gravity.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paulmac

translation : the program mentioned research [ which is publicly documented ] into gravity

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
NASA's Marshall Spaceflight Center in Huntsville Alabama has been (relatively) openly working on "Gravity Modification" for decades now.

You betcha. I can confirm that one right off the bat. They used to run an advanced propulsion research group in Huntsville as part of it, but IIRC it all got defunded and the people scattered after 2004, possibly but not decisively (at least to the extent I was ever able to confirm one way or the other) connected to the Ning Li incident.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The NASA woman definitely said anti gravity not gravity manipulation which is what I would have expected. As you all agree anti gravity is a dirty word at NASA so this in itself is a slip.

edit on 14-11-2012 by paulmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulmac
The NASA woman definitely said anti gravity not gravity manipulation which is what I would have expected. As you all agree anti gravity is a dirty word at NASA so this in itself is a slip.

edit on 14-11-2012 by paulmac because: (no reason given)

Well, yeah, but only because of what I said earlier -- and that is the connotation of "Antigravity" is more pie-in-the-sky comic-book-fiction stuff. NASA does not want congress or the other people deciding on who/what gets funding to think of there projects in this negative connotation, so they give it a snappy new name.

That's just all PR stuff. It doesn't really change what's being studied. Anti-gravity IS gravity manipulation. Conversely, gravity manipulation COULD BE anti-gravity (if science can ever successfully take it to the extreme).

My point was that NASA isn't afraid to openly tell us that they spend at least some time and resources studying things like time and space warping, faster than light travel, or gravity manipulation. That doesn't necessarily mean they are getting anywhere (but who knows? -- maybe they are), but they do study the possibilities.

edit on 11/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
As you can see, NASA openly discusses that they actually spend at least a little time and money looking into things like gravity manipulation, space-time warping, and faster-than-light travel.

Thanks, SGiP, it's good to be able to track down comments such as this, and remind ourselves that a handful of folks have been tasked to pay attention to even the most far-out concepts. No secret, no slip, just a space exploration agency doing its job and keeping the public informed.

Sorry that's so disappointing to so many, hereabouts. But I find the reality even more exciting.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Once I have 20 post I plan to make a big post about all this under forum Aliens and UFOs for now here.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-11-2012 by Kerafyrm because: Link wouldn't load so I just put the URL.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
Once I have 20 post I plan to make a big post about all this under forum Aliens and UFOs for now here.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-11-2012 by Kerafyrm because: Link wouldn't load so I just put the URL.

Welcome to ATS

I'm not sure what I am looking at besides a spinning block of something. Can you give a description of how this pertains to antigravity or gravity manipulation?

EDIT TO ADD:
Are you talking about the fact that it is spinning? If so, there is no reason to believe it is spinning on its own, especially considering the video "jumps" (as if it was cut/edited) between trying to balance the object and the moment the object begins spinning.

edit on 11/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I wasn't aware that there was any secret regarding researching new technology including anti-gravity.

Researching anti gravity is certainly taboo with all mainstream institutions the world ovret

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Researching anti gravity is certainly taboo with all mainstream institutions the world ovret

I think we will be more than happy if a non-mainstream institution presents a working model. If they patent it and produce it, there's a lot of money in it! Same goes for the so-called "free energy", cold fusion, perpetum mobile, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
why won't the government publicly make available everything about advanced research of flight, carried out by the nazis...this information is now more that 70 years old, and if it is hocus-pocus, there is no reason to keep it hidden.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

I think we will be more than happy if a non-mainstream institution presents a working model. If they patent it and produce it, there's a lot of money in it! Same goes for the so-called "free energy", cold fusion, perpetum mobile, etc.

I do have a patent pending working model, but not yet in the market

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
why won't the government publicly make available everything about advanced research of flight, carried out by the nazis...this information is now more that 70 years old, and if it is hocus-pocus, there is no reason to keep it hidden.

Why do you claim that it is hidden?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I do have a patent pending working model, but not yet in the market

Lots of people claim this. Where have you had yours analysed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join