It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will follow Jesus , will you follow Mahdi ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I'm in the blind? have you not realized by now that Christianity is a bunch of plagiarism?...You copied Christs stories, his crucifixion, resurrection...all your holy-days..
, Even your holy Cross...

But then again I'm the one that needs to do some research?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I could not make you look any worse than you just did and I was not trying to . Bye !

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Ignorance is bliss, keep living in the darkness my friend.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP
But in the Tribulation, when the Antichrist is here, going to the church on the mandatory day of worship will cost you your soul.

A cult that condemns every God-Loving God-Worshipping Christian on the planet to hell simply because they make their main day of getting together to worship God a different one than them ... THOSE are the people who are engaging in a 'worship' that will cost THEM their souls.

Seriously dude .. :shk:

As was said .. Christians are supposed to 'pray unceasingly .. everyday ... and many Christians decide to get together to worship God on Sunday. All these people loving God and worshipping Him together ... and you think this makes God so angry that he's going to send all those people to hell ??? That's ABSURD.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

Oh .. and your drivel about what Pope John Paul II supposedly said ... :shk:
Seriously absurd. You have fallen for a lie put out by a cult (SDA).
John Paul II never said any of those things.

edit on 11/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I didnt get a chance to read this thread for a few days, but anyway to those waiting for someone calling himself "GOD" to walk the earth, the anti-christ awaits, GOD doesnt come to earth literally(with his knowledge obviously HE is everywhere), there is no test in life if GOD comes to earth, it would be no longer based on faith.
Jesus was not "begotten", GOD did not have sex with Mary, what a foolish notion. Jesus is the figurative son of GOD, not the literal son. GOD doesnt have children. Stop worshipping the messiah/a propeht, get a grip and worship the ONE who sent him, the devil has you right where he wants you, that is directing your prayers to the creation rather than the CREATOR.

GOD, doesnt divide himself into 3, and send a third of himself to earth half way through mankinds history so that people(the fraud Jews and Romans) can commit a sin(the murder/crucifiction of this third; Jesus that ye believe in) just because GOD has decided that HE thinks there is no other way he can forgive your sins anymore. How absurd to think that GOD wants to use the sins of the Jews and Romans to forgive you of your sins, satan has caused you to miss the big picture, you're saying GOD no longer had the mercy to forgive the sincere repenters who ask for forgiveness from HIM, so GOD thought he'd send a third of himself to jump on a cross and then get someone to murder HIM(with GOD being in charge of all, that is exaclty what you are attributing to him), that is what muslims find abhorrent and grotesuque, and not just muslims for that matter.

In reality GOD does not need to divide HIMSELF into 3, then come down to earth and use the sins of man(murder) to forgive other sins. You do understand amongst your blind grasp for faith, that you are actually saying that GOD relied on someone to commit murder/sin in order to forgive sin/you. Reminds a muslim more of a satanic sacrifice rather than an attribute of GOD.

Lets not pretend the bible is full of total accuracy today, satan has deceived you and the masses, the bible talks about such things as the prophet Lot getting drunk and having sex with his own daughters, look what you attribute to the true prophets and your GOD, blasphemy of the worst kind. How about you read your kids a good night time story about how GOD relied on sin in order to forgive sin, and the prophet Lot got drunk and had sex with his daughters, I'm sure the kiddies will love it, and that's just a couple of examples. While you're there how about you tell them a third of GOD wanted to crawl out of a vagina and suckle on a breast, and then went on to grow up and eventually use the sins(murder) of man in order to forgive other sins. My point being you're content sitting there trying to remove the speck out of a muslims eye, while all the time you have a massive chunk of 4 by 2 blinding you.

The way a muslim sees it, is that satan has blinded you into idolatry, the worst of sins, you have deviated and no longer worship just the ONE GOD, wake up and do as Jesus(as), Mohommed(saws), and all the true prophets of GOD did, worship the ONE true GOD, worship the one Jesus did. As much as satan will attempt to convince you otherwise, Jesus did NOT worship a third of himself, nor did GOD need to rely on murder in order to forgive you.

Anyway all the best to the honest truth seekers, I'm busy with work and not sure when i'll get a chance to read this thread again.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

worship the one Jesus did.

...the One who Jesus taught people to pray to in the Lords prayer.

It clearly says "Our Father in heaven".... yet Christians insist on complicating the matter with absurd theology about a triune God and Jesus being God.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So where is the beginning where the end comes from I ask, I know but do you and I mean physical beginning??

Also the Mahdi would have to demonstrate himself wouldn't he for people to follow him, How would he do that and where would he come from to bring out the truth of all things????
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Isaiah 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

bible.cc...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sevens8

do you want this !
The righteous shall inherit the land -Bible Psalm:37:29

And We (God) have already written in the book [of Psalms] after the [previous] mention that the land will be inherited by My righteous servants. -Koran 21:105

edit on 18-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
It clearly says "Our Father in heaven".... yet Christians insist on complicating the matter with absurd theology about a triune God and Jesus being God.

Because the bible says so.

"In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God'. JOHN. That's the big place in scripture where the majority of Christians get that Jesus is God Incarnate. Then again in John 14:8 when Philip says - 'Lord, show us the Father" and Jesus says (14:9) “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

Sk0rpi0n .. you and I know that these 'holy books' (bible, qu'ran) can be cherry picked to say anything that a person wants. People can pick only those things that they want to support their position. People can ignore the parts they want to ignore. Those who say that Jesus never said he was God ... they ignore these two passages. Those who say that Jesus was all God and not human, ignore the fact that He prayed 'Our Father .. ' and that He prayed to the Father to let the cup of suffering pass him by - if it was His Will. (The Father refused that request)

Jesus was true God and true man. Both. At least, that's what scripture has.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Jesus was true God and true man. Both. At least, that's what scripture has.

What you said earlier applies to this statement as well....

these 'holy books' (bible, qu'ran) can be cherry picked to say anything that a person wants. People can pick only those things that they want to support their position. People can ignore the parts they want to ignore.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Sure. If people only picked the passages that I gave .. that would imply that Jesus was all God. If people only pick the passages that He prayed to 'the Father' ... that would imply that he is fully human and not God at all. If people put it all together .. all the passages ... you get Jesus being true God and true man. BOTH human and God.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

It's only complicated to those who don't understand the Holy Spirit.

Read all of John, Chapter 14.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Sure. If people only picked the passages that I gave .. that would imply that Jesus was all God. If people only pick the passages that He prayed to 'the Father' ... that would imply that he is fully human and not God at all. If people put it all together .. all the passages ... you get Jesus being true God and true man. BOTH human and God.

If Jesus was God, why did he instruct people to pray to the Father.
Or is the Lords prayer invalid?

If Jesus was God, why did he cry out on the cross, "Father, why have you forsaken me.

When you put together all the passages, do these words lose their meaning?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It's only complicated to those who don't understand the Holy Spirit.

By that argument, you can interpret "up" to mean "down" and "east" to mean "west" and tell me I don't understand.

The words printed in the bible don't change.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The words printed in the bible don't change.

That's right, and neither do the words of Jesus in John, Chapter 14.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
If Jesus was God, why did he instruct people to pray to the Father.

He was fully human AND fully God. that's what the bible shows.

When you put together all the passages,

Yes .. put them ALL together .. the ones you posted showing his humanity, and the ones I posted showing him to be God Incarnate. If the bible is taken at it's word, then Jesus was both fully human and fully God. You can't take just the verses that show Him to be human and you can't take just the verses that show Him to be God. If you (*generic you .. not YOU sk0rpi0n) just take the human or the god verses .. then you are cherry picking the bible.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You would understand if you really wanted to .
The Father sent Jesus His son to earth to take up flesh , die for our sins and fulfill His will as the promised Messiah . The Son of God told the people to pray to His Father in heaven . Jesus himself prayed to the Father . He also said call no man Holy for there is but one Holy and it is your Father in heaven .
Jesus did complete Gods will including death on the cross ,. Remember where he asked God why have you forsaken me . God could not look at His Son die on the cross full of the worlds sin . Die he did . Complete the mission of God he did . There was no need of a prophet after .

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If the bible is taken at it's word, then Jesus was both fully human and fully God.

Sorry to interupt here... but

There is nothing from his mouth that says he is "Fully God"...

The only way one can come to that conclusion by reading the gospels is IF said person listens to what others said about him...

HE didn't say he was God... yet we can't deny his divinity...

The conclusion is simple... He was Gods son... As he said...

NOT God in the flesh... As John said

edit on 18-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
There is nothing from his mouth that says he is "Fully God"...

John 14:8 Philip says - 'Lord, show us the Father" and Jesus says (14:9) “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." That's Jesus talking.

Anyways .. the point is that the vast majority of Christians believe Jesus is God incarnate (right or wrong). Therefore, they wouldn't go and follow some Muslim 'Mahdi' fella. Who would follow a mere human when you can follow God Himself instead? That's the point. That .. and this 'Mahdi' fella (who I dont believe actually will ever exist) sounds exactly like the ANTICHRIST in Christian prophecy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join