It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racquetball is Awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hello all.

About a month ago a friend and I were at the gym and were getting tired of our usual work out routine. We tried to think of new things and then I got the idea, "Hey, maybe we should try Racquetball!"

We rented out racquetballs, racquets, and eye protection and got started. After that first day, we were hooked. Soon enough we went out and bought our own equipment and began to play for real.

Both of us are quickly improving and it is my new hobby.

I did a little research on racquetball and found that it is a great exercise. Thing is, when you are playing, you are having so much fun it doesn't even feel like work.

Anyway, just felt like sharing. Anyone else out there play racquetball for fun or for sport? Any suggestions on racquets and equipment? I am currently using an E-Force Chaos Racquet but I am ready to upgrade.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Raquetball is awesome - you're right!

Such a great way to run around jumping and hitting walls and have absolutely no awareness of the workout. It all becomes about just hitting that damn ball back. And about how to not hit walls shoulder-first.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Great sport, been playing for about 15 years now, started when I was about nine or ten. I personally use the Head Titanium 175 XL...

...which a friend gets from America for me. I have three of them I like them that much. Not that it really matters, I have seen some great players playing with some bashed up rackets that weigh a tonne!

Same with footwear, I wear a pair of cheap Dunlop trainers, they do me just fine.
edit on 14/11/2012 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

join