It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Is Spiraling Out Of Control, And I Think Its Losing--Something's Got To Give

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
With all that’s going on, I am beginning to become hopeful that at least something will be done in the right direction. For the longest time we have been the oppressed and now our self awareness is creating so much opposition it will have to come to a head and relatively soon. That means the system simply has to bend and with a little luck, will have to make some common sense corrections. As a nation, virtually no one of intellect can accept status quo and actually believe in it. The only ones supporting that situation have vested interests of some kind or another, but they surely can't believe their actions are in the best interest of the masses.

The following links are explosive and divisive. Any one of them could trigger its own US citizens insurgency. Remarks and additions are very welcome.

Texas Wants Out

No Romney Votes in Philly?

Election Recount

Reform Electoral College

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

This is a serious question.

What if US citizens renounced their citizenship and stayed in the country?
edit on 14-11-2012 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I think that the Government is spiraling out of control and many people have lost control. Many are not thinking rationally.

This Admin is facing multiple scandals that make WaterGate look like childs play.

It's only going to get worse in my opinion as people attack or defend.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I personally feel, over the past 50 years, people in our country have become self centered and selfish. It started in around the 50's with keeping up with the Jone's state of mind. Where one viewed value in a person, based on possessions, not character.

The old values were replaced with the rat race life-style. Get mine before they get theirs. As this became the norm in our society, more humane notable aspects of humanity started to fade into the background. One-up-manship became accepted and expected as a valuable trait in business practices. That led to even accepting the concept of, honor among thieves.

Of course, everything has spiraled out of control. So few honorable people, so many greedy people. The balance has tipped. No more Norman Rockwell tin top families....

Des

edit on 14-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

As I said in another thread, Texas always wants to secede...until wildfire season when we call DC for federal assistance.

You know what's spiraling out of control? People's perception of reality.

I wanted Obama to win re-election, but guess what? If Romney had won, I'd still be working, earning paychecks, paying bills, and doing things I like to do.

I did it when I was 16 and Bush was president, I'm doing it today at 26, and I'll do it my whole life whether a Democrat, Republican or Reptilian is in the White House.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I wanted Obama to win re-election, but guess what? If Romney had won, I'd still be working, earning paychecks, paying bills, and doing things I like to do.

I did it when I was 16 and Bush was president, I'm doing it today at 26, and I'll do it my whole life whether a Democrat, Republican or Reptilian is in the White House.

Good point. I did it under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

Been through some good times and bad during that time period.

Life does go on, don't it?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's getting to be that time I think many people like myself and others have talked about in near mythical terms...but I believe it's about time to play submarine patrol. Silent, deep and just a hole in the water until matters clarify themselves. Not quite there yet....but I hope all the decent people know when to drop and clear the line...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you Wrabbit...gives whole new meaning to...run silent, run deep....

Des

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
With all that’s going on, I am beginning to become hopeful that at least something will be done in the right direction. For the longest time we have been the oppressed and now our self awareness is creating so much opposition it will have to come to a head and relatively soon. That means the system simply has to bend and with a little luck, will have to make some common sense corrections. As a nation, virtually no one of intellect can accept status quo and actually believe in it. The only ones supporting that situation have vested interests of some kind or another, but they surely can't believe their actions are in the best interest of the masses.

The following links are explosive and divisive. Any one of them could trigger its own US citizens insurgency. Remarks and additions are very welcome.

Texas Wants Out

No Romney Votes in Philly?

Election Recount

Reform Electoral College

Hmm. Well I am of "intellect" and it's my job to stay informed of what is going on, and I'm here to tell you it's not as bad as you have been led to believe. We still live in the country with the most individual liberties, and have been making more money overall and improving quality of life more overall than our Westernized counterparts for over a hundred years.

We have a free press and part of the price of that is anyone and everyone can be the "free press" (just like we're doing here now!), and it comes down to personal responsibility what you decide to hear and believe and think. TV is not eating your brain. Your decision-making process about what to watch, however, may need improvement.

Ask yourself a simple question: where are you learning about the country you are so worried about? Take a look at your own sources and decide if they have been giving you an authentic view of the world.

What are you doing to make the world a better place? Are you just waiting around for someone to hand you a ticket to paradise? It is so ironic that the same people who want the government to butt out of their business are usually the first ones to cry about the government not doing enough to make them happy.

There is no spooky government with a cauldron in a cave, because that would require complex foresight and organization, things that disgruntled voters agree the government doesn't have enough of! Wake up, we are the ones we've been waiting for. THEM IS US.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Good point. I did it under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

Been through some good times and bad during that time period.

Life does go on, don't it?

Well said, I think most threads can benefit from a seasoned opinion such as that. For many young people (myself included), this is the first onset of very prevalent economic turmoil and misguided government policy amidst global confrontation. Thus,

A lot less people will panic and jump to conclusions if they have the reassurance of those who've lived through enough to know that this isn't the first time we have been brought to a brink...

top topics

join