It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going back to sleep, let me know when a gay black woman is President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
He's not 'just a black man' He is the first Black American President!

He is a White President. I don't think you have the capacity to understand my point.

Oh dear.
You seem a bit confused.

I'll swim along past these hooks, then.
Let the 'fishing' continue.

- Lee

edit on 14-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

No not confused at all. I stand by both of the above statements, they are both the truth. And quit editing your posts!!

edit on 14-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
gay black woman? Wanda Sykes is running for president?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

You have to admit that some people voted for Obama just because he was black, same for whites and Romney. Most of them didn't even realize they were doing it either. A lot of it has to do with that reptilian aspect of our brains. If someone looks different than us then the reptilian aspect of our brain makes that distinction that they are not someone we agree with, and then our logical brain rationalizes that decision.

I personally know a couple of people who voted for Obama just because he was black, for a fact (they said it out-right). I also know people who voted for Romney just because he wasn't black, (they were racist).

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Op how can you forget gay, midget, muslim, jew black woman!
2nd

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I know just the candidate....my friend, I would like to see her do this she'd be a good pres too!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And furthermore

He's just a Black man.

He's not 'just a black man' He is the first Black American President! Anyone who says this is no big deal is deluded. It means we are moving in the right direction as a nation (Slowly, but understandably) and that means a whole bunch to me and a lot of other people black and white.

How does this mean we are moving in the right direction? We have black panthers standing outside polling places. The country has not been this divided since the civil war, and you are saying we are moving in the right direction? Everytime I sense racial tensions are subsiding the black (mostly) and white leaders stir everything up, just to keep us divided. If we as a people are divided the we can never grow strong and the powers that be play the race card like a stepchild pitting the parents against each other.
To move in the right direction we need to get rid of the racist leaders that turn everything into a RACE issue, most people want to just get along.
Speaking of separation. TPTB continually seperate us into groups> We are raised thinking our school is better than yours, our town is better than yours, our state is better than yours, our country is better than yours; all with the intent to keep us sererated.If we as a whole are seperate on petty things then we would never be able to join forces and vote these creeps out of office. People don't realize how stupid they sound when they say " Iam Republican and I am right" or I am Democrat and I am right" ....When it comes down to it ......IT DOES NOT MATTER both are bought off by TPTB. Do you really think they care who gets elected? When we elect some one does policy change? The answers = NO. No matter who gets elected the agenda stays the same.
Open your eyes ....HECK I AM A BLACKMAN AND I SEE IT>

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Or even a native mother or grandmother, who lived simply and in poverty and cared for many other children. I'd vote for her myself. In my own country of course.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I've come along way with my understanding of racism over the last few years. I thought we Americans were getting through our issues at a good pace. Sadly we are not. It’s going to take a long time before, “Can’t we all just get along”, becomes a reality.

Did a great number of people vote for him simply because he is a black man, and potentially our FIRST Black President? Hell ya they did! Am I shocked or surprised by this? No not really. I’m not black, and it made me feel good inside when we finally got some color in the White house. Did I get pissed about these people for voting the way they did? At first I did; Then, I thought about it.

Did a great number of people vote for the white guy because he wasn’t the black guy? You bet your bum they did! Am I shocked or surprised by this? No not really. Some people fear change and anyone different than themselves. Do I get pissed when I think about that truth? I used to, until I thought about it.

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for the first Black Woman President to come along!! Or even, white woman, Latino woman, Latino man, Asian man, Asian woman, gay man, gay black woman, black man, the list goes on and on I suppose….

By then all this dumb snit will be behind us.

Truth is, Stupidity and Ignorance come in all colors.

So no, I don’t blame any of them for being stupid it’s a waste of my emotions.

I just wish I could live in a time when none of this mattered. I want to go back to the future

People are stupid.

Our President isn't a black man by the way. He's bi-racial, and that is the irony of it all!!!

Sorry meant to put this in the rant section.

Can we add Atheist into the equation too. PLEEEAAAAASE!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I just wish I could live in a time when none of this mattered. I want to go back to the future

People are stupid.

Well, we are headed back to the past for a while. And not everyone is stupid, just a select few. They are called radicals and they are very loud and annoying.

Plus, I saw Obama speak in 2008 when he was running in the primaries, and he handed out a bunch of pamphlets talking about his views. They were very well-done, and that's why I voted for him.

Liked your thread.
edit on 14-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Am I missing the point of voting?

If everyone practises their democratic rights and votes for a blue one or an orange one... who is to say they are wrong because they didn't choose a purple one?

Should we force a purple one just because it is considered politically correct even if that goes against what people want?

The people have spoken, that is democracy.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How does this mean we are moving in the right direction? We have black panthers standing outside polling places. The country has not been this divided since the civil war, and you are saying we are moving in the right direction?

So what? Since when is standing a crime? It's OK to ELECT a Grand Wizard of the KKK into Congress but a black guy can't stand at a public poll? Were they threatening anyone? Were they bribing anyone? Creating a disturbance? Or were they just simply standing there.

Everytime I sense racial tensions are subsiding the black (mostly) and white leaders stir everything up, just to keep us divided.

When was the last time you saw a black person have a hissy fit because white people were "standing outside polling stations"? What's scary to me is that you apparently don't even see how slanted your own comments are.

To move in the right direction we need to get rid of the racist leaders that turn everything into a RACE issue, most people want to just get along. Speaking of separation. TPTB continually seperate us into groups.

I agree 100%. However...let's be honest....YOU sure are helping TPTB when just a few sentences earlier you simply COULDN'T RESIST laying the blame (mostly) at the feet of one of those groups. TPTB can't do it without OUR help. The US Cavalry couldn't have POSSIBLY hoped to beat the Native American with the help of OTHER Native American scouts.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

What is the point of voting? Are you endorsing criminals? Is the system really, all are equal at the ballot, then you have a king who can do as he/she pleases, and thats it?

Does anyone get it that is not appropriate governance.

I want grass roots representation. And no senate or Veto by the rich. That huge Veto group, watchdog group, should be jury duty citizens counsels. So without grassroots citizens they get nothing.

And not one king, but committees and groups that mingle the elected with the citizens in every ministry category including the head.

I want the Venus system run grassroots, not agneda 21 form of it. However, if there are banks, let them belong to the people and be run by their representatives and their watchdog groups with no need to tax anyone except the super wealthy and no sales tax, just all the wealth of the international bankers, belonging to the nations and making wonderful equal programs and low cost land and homes, not apartments, for all people regardless of employment.

I want the highest laws of human rights and equality, without forced employement and slavery, and all copyrights, all patents and all inventions to belong to everyone equally and that no election can overturn this, all groups must follow the highest principles of programs, equality, and human rights, including looking after mother earth, no lobbying from any corporation allowed.

And technology improving working conditions to part time and creative jobs, not menial, for technology and clean abundant energy can do that.

Anything else is slavery, elitism, corruption, serves a minority and is therefore inherently unlawful and I will not cast a vote for it.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Going back to sleep, let me know when a gay black woman is President

I don't know if this country will survive long enough to see that happen.
Side note - the first gay president was probably Buchanan

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Wake me up when a gay black Asian ginger becomes President, legalizes gay marriage nationwide, makes the good stuff legal, fixes the economy, puts the military on a really short leash, and standardizes injections for compassion enhancement.

I'll probably get flamed for that, but watch me care. That's the kind of President I can proudly stand beside.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You know what op? At first I thought you were just being stupid on your "gay" title on this thread but then I read what your opinionated mind was telling you and I can't say you truly "deny ignorance".

First off why are we still stuck on having a black president? Yea, your still having some minor problems with that. Second, you had to justify that Mr Obama is bi-racial. Hello! More than half of African Americans in the living in the US, Puerto Rico, Central America, yada, yada, and so are in fact bi racial, I know I am with five other races but I'm still black at the end of the day so, regardless what he is, he's still black just like I am.

Obviously, you think you're making a point and your not and its just stupidity.

Dont be ignorant all your life just because...."you're not black or gay" and don't understand. Now go back to sleep and sweet dreams.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

Originally posted by hanyak69

And furthermore

He's just a Black man.

He's not 'just a black man' He is the first Black American President! Anyone who says this is no big deal is deluded. It means we are moving in the right direction as a nation (Slowly, but understandably) and that means a whole bunch to me and a lot of other people black and white.

How does this mean we are moving in the right direction? We have black panthers standing outside polling places. The country has not been this divided since the civil war, and you are saying we are moving in the right direction? Everytime I sense racial tensions are subsiding the black (mostly) and white leaders stir everything up, just to keep us divided. If we as a people are divided the we can never grow strong and the powers that be play the race card like a stepchild pitting the parents against each other.
To move in the right direction we need to get rid of the racist leaders that turn everything into a RACE issue, most people want to just get along.
Speaking of separation. TPTB continually seperate us into groups> We are raised thinking our school is better than yours, our town is better than yours, our state is better than yours, our country is better than yours; all with the intent to keep us sererated.If we as a whole are seperate on petty things then we would never be able to join forces and vote these creeps out of office. People don't realize how stupid they sound when they say " Iam Republican and I am right" or I am Democrat and I am right" ....When it comes down to it ......IT DOES NOT MATTER both are bought off by TPTB. Do you really think they care who gets elected? When we elect some one does policy change? The answers = NO. No matter who gets elected the agenda stays the same.
Open your eyes ....HECK I AM A BLACKMAN AND I SEE IT>

I Agree with everything you said here.

My post really wasn't just about voting and the election. It was about me realizing that we 'as a county' aren't as far along as I thought when it comes to the racial divide. I live in Pittsburgh, in a diverse setting, most of the people i associate with are not raciest. But my little bubble isn't representative of the whole country.

I do however find it a step in the right direction, even if i agree with your views of the whole damn system. Because while i find you and I are thinking correctly...Most people would beg to differ and tell us we are nuts.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Condi Rice deserves to be president way more than the fool in office now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
I personally know a couple of people who voted for Obama just because he was black, for a fact (they said it out-right). I also know people who voted for Romney just because he wasn't black, (they were racist).

Just saying.

Ya, my mother, sister, and brother voted for Romney...not because they stand for anything remotely republican (they are politically nieve)..but because he was of the wrong skin tone.
I questioned them about the stances and issues..such as, do you think a woman should have the right to get an abortion..that sort of thing.

anyhow, they were 100% liberal when asked issues.

So then I asked why Romney? They started out by saying something about businesses..he seemed smarter, or something, when pressed a bit, they all chuckled and started making racial jokes.
That was enough for me to understand their thinking (not like it was a surprise).

[point is, racism lead many low information voters to vote for race...did tons of blacks vote for Obama because he is half black? sure...and it is a wash with tons of moronic whites voting for Romney because he is white.

There needs to be a issues test I think..nothing too deep, just some basic testing to see if your even aware of say, 3 issues going on in the election before being able to vote.

I am thinking the constitution needs some amending...maybe a IQ test or something.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283 I personally know a couple of people who voted for Obama just because he was black, for a fact (they said it out-right). I also know people who voted for Romney just because he wasn't black, (they were racist). Just saying.

So the ones that voted for Obama because hes black arent racist but the ones that voted for Romney because hes white are?
What kind of logic is that?
This is the kind of bs thats making race relations worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

First off why are we still stuck on having a black president?

Who's stuck on it? 200 years of white male presidents, and your shocked that after 4 years with something other than that, we are talking about it? Hell yes I'm talking about it!! Even if i think they are all working for the same guy and it really doesn't matter, i find it awesome that we finally have a better representation of the people of our country, and what better than a racially mixed president.

Yea, your still having some minor problems with that.

I don't know what thread you were reading...did you read what I said, then think about it??? Did you read any of my comments throughout this thread??

Dont be ignorant all your life just because...."you're not black or gay" and don't understand. Now go back to sleep and sweet dreams.

What's ignorant is your assuming I'm not gay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join