It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going back to sleep, let me know when a gay black woman is President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Nuker
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for the first Black Woman President to come along!! Or even, white woman, Latino woman, Latino man, Asian man, Asian woman, gay man, gay black woman, black man, the list goes on and on I suppose….

I believe the United States will be a shadow of its former self when that happens.

Haha let me guess...Mississippi?

Fortunately for the rest of us, people like you won't be around much longer

See that's what I mean. Maybe he/she didn't mean it like that...it's a pretty open statement. And if he/she DID mean it like that...why get mad? I don't..I feel sorry for people all bottled up in their fake reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for the first Black Woman President to come along!! Or even, white woman, Latino woman, Latino man, Asian man, Asian woman, gay man, gay black woman, black man, the list goes on and on I suppose….

I believe the United States will be a shadow of its former self when that happens.

Haha let me guess...Mississippi?

Fortunately for the rest of us, people like you won't be around much longer

People like me? I don't even know what type of people you are talking about.

Also, I'm not even from the U.S.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

Well what did you mean? I though you meant we were running our country into the ground (probably financially) so in when it finally happens ... and us Americans start acting like the melting pot we are....we will be little and insignificant?? How'd i do?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by Nuker

Well what did you mean? I though you meant we were running our country into the ground (probably financially) so in when it finally happens ... and us Americans start acting like the melting pot we are....we will be little and insignificant?? How'd i do?

Well, what I mean is, we won't see it happen for quite a while, and so much will change in the U.S before it happens (One being financially like you stated.)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Going back to sleep, let me know when a gay black woman is President

Did a great number of people vote for him simply because he is a black man, and potentially our FIRST Black President? Hell ya they did!

Our President isn't a black man by the way. He's bi-racial, and that is the irony of it all!!!

You really think a large number of people who ALWAYS vote Democrat, voted for Obama because he was Black?
That a large number of people who always vote republican voted for Romney because he WASN'T Black?

Come on, Sunshine.
Be honest.

- Lee

edit on 14-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Oh come on lee anoma, i don't get your bologna. Just say what your saying??

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They should get a midget in for office, some really strange freak. Like a black sumo midget albino

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I don't understand the meaning behind this thread.
I guess that's what I am saying.

Democrats tend to vote Democrat.
Republicans tend to vote Republican.

Race is pretty much outside of the picture in this election when those are really the only two candidates.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My Guess is the next Republican to run will be Latino, to get those votes.

I do not trust either party. ....

I have a silly question, the states show red and blue for rep and dems, what if a state ran independent, what color would it be?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Someday we WILL have a little person in the white house, hopefully it will be my son!!!

Thanks for your awesome thoughts

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I don't understand the meaning behind this thread.
I guess that's what I am saying.

Democrats tend to vote Democrat.
Republicans tend to vote Republican.

Race is pretty much outside of the picture in this election when those are really the only two candidates.

- Lee

YES that is the way it should and will be someday. After we get a few rounds with other representations of our society OTHER than what we have see up until just 4 short years ago.

I don't agree with it, but I believe it to be true.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You really think a large number of people who ALWAYS vote Democrat, voted for Obama because he was Black? That a large number of people who always vote republican voted for Romney because he WASN'T Black?

Since you added this in here, i will answer it now.

I think a lot of people especially first time voters did yes. People who really care about and follow politics with all of the boring lip service that comes with it...They probably did vote with their party. But don't try to kid yourself or me by making a statement saying a lot of people weren't voting for race.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I'm a registered Independent.

I tend to vote Democrat, because a lot of what the Right says doesn't appeal to me usually.
A lot of what Romney said didn't appeal to me.

Obama was the candidate for the Democratic party.

Blacks and other minorities predominately voted for him just like they have all the other White Democrats before him. They had no real choice in voting for him if they wanted to support their party and those who they feel represented the ideals they believed in or causes they supported. Just like White Republicans did with Romney.

Saying this was specifically because he was Black is a bit disingenuous. This is his second-term. We're not breaking grounds here again.

Taking it to dramatic extremes seems a bit off to me as well.

"Oh jeez it's a black man for president! Now what? They'll want a midget hermaphrodite conjoined twin in a wheel chair next!"

Really? He's that bizarre and unusual?

He's just a Black man.
Is he really that outrageous because he's not a White President?

You make it sound like he some sort of bizarre aberration from another dimension just because he upset the White presidential status-quo.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Is he really that outrageous because he's not a White President?

He is a White President. I don't think you have the capacity to understand my point.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Nuker

Well, what I mean is, we won't see it happen for quite a while, and so much will change in the U.S before it happens (One being financially like you stated.)

Well I must apologize then, my mistake. I took your comment as what I've been hearing a lot of in the US lately.

"This country will never be the same, it's ruined forever with this last election, we will never recover, I want to secede, etc."

Sorry for misunderstanding

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

But don't try to kid yourself or me by making a statement saying a lot of people weren't voting for race.

I don't think they were.

History was already made. The honeymoon was over. We already had a Black President.
This was based on Obama and Romney's record and intentions.

Obama cleaned up the minority votes all across the board compared to Romney. Not just with Blacks. He was close to 50/50 with Whites.

The message from the Right obviously didn't appeal to these voters. They didn't like the Romney ticket.

Latinos claimed they didn't like his views on immigration, and young White females (which predominately voted for Obama) didn't like Romney's views on abortion and planned parenthood, for example. A lot of people tend to feel the Republican party isn't inclusive and is a bit out of touch.

You're devaluing a large number of votes to a ridiculously simplistic level because why?

If they didn't vote for Romney it isn't because they didn't agree with his policies, they must be race-crazy and so delusional all they want is to have four more years of a Black President?

You don't think that would be insulting their intelligence?
Isn't it possible that they simply don't like what Romney seems to stand for?

These White people in Iowa didn't.

If he had been a White candidate we'd probably be talking about some OTHER serious reasons why he won the election.

Like...maybe he had a better hair cut or shinier teeth.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

And furthermore

He's just a Black man.

He's not 'just a black man' He is the first Black American President! Anyone who says this is no big deal is deluded. It means we are moving in the right direction as a nation (Slowly, but understandably) and that means a whole bunch to me and a lot of other people black and white.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

He's not 'just a black man' He is the first Black American President!

He is a White President. I don't think you have the capacity to understand my point.

Oh dear.
You seem a bit confused.

I'll swim along past these hooks, then.
Let the 'fishing' continue.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
isn't he a native hawiian who does hulla dancing in his spare time by the way...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Fishing for what? People who agree or understand my point?

I'm not saying that's why he won, and i'm not talking about this election specifically. I'll bet the ignorant votes cancelled each other out anyway...

I'm just tired of all the hate, not just related to politics,,,,maybe i didn't make that clear enough. I think when people aren't afraid to admit a problem still exists it's a step towards fixing it. Maybe the political angle was a bad choice on my part, but it was inspired by another's OP about racism and politics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join