It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going back to sleep, let me know when a gay black woman is President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I've come along way with my understanding of racism over the last few years. I thought we Americans were getting through our issues at a good pace. Sadly we are not. It’s going to take a long time before, “Can’t we all just get along”, becomes a reality.

Did a great number of people vote for him simply because he is a black man, and potentially our FIRST Black President? Hell ya they did! Am I shocked or surprised by this? No not really. I’m not black, and it made me feel good inside when we finally got some color in the White house. Did I get pissed about these people for voting the way they did? At first I did; Then, I thought about it.

Did a great number of people vote for the white guy because he wasn’t the black guy? You bet your bum they did! Am I shocked or surprised by this? No not really. Some people fear change and anyone different than themselves. Do I get pissed when I think about that truth? I used to, until I thought about it.

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for the first Black Woman President to come along!! Or even, white woman, Latino woman, Latino man, Asian man, Asian woman, gay man, gay black woman, black man, the list goes on and on I suppose….

By then all this dumb snit will be behind us.

Truth is, Stupidity and Ignorance come in all colors.

So no, I don’t blame any of them for being stupid it’s a waste of my emotions.

I just wish I could live in a time when none of this mattered. I want to go back to the future

People are stupid.

Our President isn't a black man by the way. He's bi-racial, and that is the irony of it all!!!

Sorry meant to put this in the rant section.
edit on 14-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this thread will stay up giving the racial tones of it. As racial bating has been a problem on ATS throughout the election.

On the other hand I see it as a valid topic.

For the uneducated masses who claim racial injustice at every corner, and who are always quick to say "It's because I'm/He/She is black" I'm kind of glad Obama got his second term.

So now he will be leaving office simply because of term restrictions. The argument is moot from now on.

Although I still think a couple morons will say he doesn't win the next election "because he's black".

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh, and yeah... Next president I have a feeling is going to be a woman. Both parties are probably going to dip into their rosters to run someone for primary nominations.

Hilary for the Dems, and anybody except Palin for the GOP.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
How would they represent the majority in a democracy?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't really care if it stays or goes, i wanted it off my chest. I don't think it really matters all that much who is president....Their # all stinks!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
How would they represent the majority in a democracy?

When the day comes, the majority of people will be over racism and will probably be ignorantly hating/misunderstanding some thing else...Who knows...maybe even aliens!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

What do you think will come first, a gay president or an atheist president?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Reggae

Who knows, neither one in our lifetime I'm sure. The President is there to do a job. It's a professional position, so who gives a crap what he either of those things along as she/he is making the right choices.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Why does no one complain about all the people that voted for Romney just because he was white? Or Mormon?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I really don't care if that person is black or white, straight or gay or any variation thereof.

I just want a president who can put partisan politics aside, campaigns for equality, freedom and an end to corruption, then actually follow through after election day.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Oh, and yeah... Next president I have a feeling is going to be a woman. Both parties are probably going to dip into their rosters to run someone for primary nominations.

Hilary for the Dems, and anybody except Palin for the GOP.

The best thing imaginable for the Democratic party in 2016 is Palin running

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

They do, that's what i'm saying. I think you missed my whole point. NONE OF IT will matter someday!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wake me when you guys actually vote for someone capable, whatever their race, gender or sexual orientation...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
Some people fear change and anyone different than themselves.

I wanted to focus on this statement here because it is possibly the most important. I feel you hit the nail on the head with this one, and I am sure many dont agree. What we must remember is that most of the time this fearing people who are different than us is not even a conscious thought. We just naturally perform this thought as an almost survival instinct, due to the "reptilian" aspect of our brain as Obama would put it. Then we use the logical or human aspect of our brain to rationalize why we have that feeling about the person who is different, almost making up an excuse to justify the reptilian thought

The part where he mentions it is at about 1:10

Now I agree whole-heatedly with this statement. Even I am victim to such thoughts and I do my best to understand when I am letting that aspect make the judgment and try to avoid it.

As for this being removed, that is nonsense. We have threads about how "the jews" are taking over and "the satanic gays" are brainwashing America and those never get closed, so this should be no problem.

Since the dawn of civilization people have had hatred for some group, the only thing that would change is which group it was, but the hatred remained. I see a real chance in this day and age for us to bring that level of hatred to unprecedented lows. However, it wont be easy, we will always have people who just label anyone who attempts to make points such as yours "new age hipsters" or something.

However, we can not let the known examples of our past convince us that it isn't possible. As JFK once said: "Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past, are certain to miss the future".

If we can one day learn to just all "get along" then we can accomplish amazing things that the world has never seen in the past, and I believe all it takes is a common ground that we can all build from.....Together.

Anyways good thought, S+F for calling it like it is.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

That's what I meant, I was being sarcastic. I believe that won't happen until we get everybody covered.

When we have a first woman for president, however capable or incapable she is...a great many of her votes will be earned simply by just being female.

Wrong or right, like it or not, it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Your basic premise for this thread and the motivation is a little bit too transparent?
But the fight for equality is an interesting thing.
As long as it isn't confused with the age old tradition of power grab.
Espescially by those who have done nothing to deserve the spoils.
But hey lets not work lets all bludge and grab.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for the first Black Woman President to come along!! Or even, white woman, Latino woman, Latino man, Asian man, Asian woman, gay man, gay black woman, black man, the list goes on and on I suppose….

I believe the United States will be a shadow of its former self when that happens.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

'However, we can not let the known examples of our past convince us that it isn't possible. As JFK once said: "Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past, are certain to miss the future". If we can one day learn to just all "get along" then we can accomplish amazing things that the world has never seen in the past, and I believe all it takes is a common ground that we can all build from.....Together.

That is exactly my point. I (figuitivly) did the math...it's going to be much longer than I thought, but It will happen.

Thank you for your reply

edit on 14-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

No, I got your point. I was just saying.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker

I believe the United States will be a shadow of its former self when that happens.

Haha let me guess...Mississippi?

Fortunately for the rest of us, people like you won't be around much longer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join