11:11....we all end up alone

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So my husband was just telling me that an acquaintance of his has brain cancer and only has a couple weeks left. This guy is more of an online acquaintane he speaks to on his college message board. I said man that sucks. Does he have a wife? He said that he did. Side note: I've been a little obsessed...wrong word...weary...about death lately.

Well, I casually told my husband that it sucks that he is dying. I told him that its horrible for her, yet good for him. He gets to complete his life feeling as if he met some milestone. While she, on the other hand, gets to be left alone, without her husband and has to start over....at some point. I told my husband that maybe that's the test of life, to loose. Either we are the ones leaving others behind, or someone has to cope with us leaving. Only 1 remains.

Last week my cousin's cousin was killed in a car crash. She had a baby. Her body was torn to pieces. I keep replaying this image in my head. I didn't even know her. Well, to the 11:11 thing...like many here, I keep seeing it. Either that or 11:01. 11:10. Etc. Maybe my lesson, our lesson, is to forget this 2012 stuff for a second and embrace the present. We all will leave this place alone, regardless of the living around us. 1.

Yeah I'm rambling. Nothing like the prospect of death to get someone thinking.
edit on 13-11-2012 by fictitious because: eta: it was 11:11 as we began talking about this...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just lost an old friend to suicide. I myself just survived cancer. I have lost so many people I love and cherish. Kind of hard to avoid thinking about death. I would much rather be the one that died than to be left behind. I think that so many of us spend so much time thinking about the past or future that we completely miss living in the present.

it is so important to love and appreciate the people in our lives and never ever take them for granted, because you just don't know what may happen from one minute to the next.

We are all made of energy and energy does not die. I believe that we are far more than just a physical body and that when the body passes away, we go on to something different, something better.

We will all have our time to go, but hold onto the good and share as much love and laughter and joy as you possibly can while you still can and have no regrets.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm a bit of a "wierdo".... for lack of better terms, when it comes to dealing with death. I do not mourn death,even at funerals I rarely cry. I feel more a need for celebrating life. Sure I shed tears when my grandfather passed away, but I felt more inclined to share the stories of the way he influenced my life than to cry and try to wish for him back. I dont mean to sound insensitive but I really believe that the best way you can honour someones life, is not hanging onto their death, but to live through the lessons that they taught you. In the end thats all that the history of humanity has built itself up to be. Allowing enough influence from those we care about in the things they did so that we may take all the lessons we have learned from those around us, and pass this wisdom onto someone else, so that they may pass it and all the experiences they've learned from all their influence onto someone else. Live vicariously through life and you will truly live.

As for the number 11 it can be an omen for peril, but only if you give it the power to.

In systems such as Astrology and basic Numerology, eleven is considered to be a Master Number. Eleven can also represent sin; transgression and peril. Ten being the perfect number, eleven represents the exceeding of both. It is interesting to note that eleven when broken down ( 1+1=2) comprises the Two of duality. Number eleven is a master vibration and as such should not be reduced to a single number.People with this number could be both idealistic and visionary, and they are attracted to the unknown.They can be both unusual, interesting and magnetic personalities.

edit on 14-11-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

Dear fictitious,

I am sorry for your families loss and your husband's impending loss. In the last 7 years, I have lost all of my elders and many friends. I have presided over two dozen funerals as our families representative. When a family member dies, we drink, play poker and recite all the worst stories about the dear departed, we are Irish. I lost the love of my life a year ago, the day before my birthday she passed away after an apparently long bout with disease. I was confused that she should be gone and that I would never get the chance to see her again. As much as I loved her and as much as I have never felt as loved as she made me feel, I am not alone, merely separated for a moment. I still spend time with friends and family, that is not being alone. As for the love of my life, she took as much as she could and then her time was up here.

For what it is worth, I have looked death straight in the eye and a little further. Sitting in a chair, calm with the doctor taking my blood pressure it was 180 over 150. That is considered a Hypertensive Emergency and was normal for me for awhile. In and out of hospitals, I have been told so many times that I should dead that I lost count. That was me on a good day, a constant emergency. LOL. When the doctor told me I should be dead just sitting there, I looked him in the eye and told him that I least I looked really good. Not long after that, my wife decided to cheat on me, I was dealing with two of my children's drug addictions (one prescription and the other not). The stress was only increased by all the deaths and work, work is a very high stress job. One day, riding in my car, I began to go into arrest, my blood pressure had spiked way beyond 180 over 150, I could feel it as it happened and the doctors had told me what to watch for.

In the middle of the desert, 70 miles away from any hospital at least, I pulled over and waited to die. I never felt alone. The last minutes are more about looking at who and what you were. I have almost died a number of times from different things, poisoned twice by accident alone. None of my previous encounters with these things ever really felt real. I don't think I explained that well. Most of my brushes with death happened so quick that there was not really any thinking about it much. The last one, the one I wrote about was quite calm. It ended with me looking forward to leaving this place and forgiving everyone who ever harmed me. I do not fear death and stopped taking my high pressure pills as they were beginning to destroy my organs, a side effect I had been warned about. Sorry I am so long winded.

I do not cherish every day, I would be lying if I said I did. We all die and I do not fear it at all. Pain I would not like; but, death is guaranteed and nothing to be feared. I had a Near Death Experience and I didn't want to come back; but, knew it was the right thing for me to do. While I believe we are united with those we love after death, I believe what is important is what we do here on earth. I would hate to be reunited with my love and have to tell her that I stopped being the best me I could be, I would be ashamed of myself and wish to be the man she always saw in me since we were children.

When I was young, I was a cold hearted machine, no discernible emotion. Logic without empathy, she saw only the unselfishness and counted it as love for others, my type of love. I absolutely would not be the man I am today if she had not broke my shell and showed me tenderness. She is never apart from me because she helped me to become me. She is part of me. We never die alone and we are never left alone, their memory is part of us and my touchstone is Julia. Peace.

Edit: You got a flag and a star because you are pretty. Enjoy what you have and don't worry. Enjoy the love you have while you have it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by AQuestion because: I am not sure why, I had a bit more to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you for being long winded. I think that is what I needed to hear. It seems like you are here to do good, and we're all glad to have you around.

join